Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some Girls on vinyl - finally in 6 different colors
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 18, 2011 13:04

Just received an email by Universal -

Dear Rolling Stones customer, We are writing in regards to your recent order for the Rolling Stones "Some Girls" limited edition pink 12” vinyl. Unfortunately there has been a slight issue in manufacturing which means the vinyl that you will receive is purple, rather than pink. May we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We are in the process of pressing a new batch of the pink vinyls and would be happy to replace your rare purple one with the correct pink one if you would prefer. Please just return your purple vinyl to the following address with your dispatch notice and a note explaining you would prefer the pink copy, and we will send this straight out to you. The address to send the vinyl to is:

Universal Customer ServiceC/o ArvatoChippenham DriveKingstonMilton KeynesBuckinghamshireMK10 0AT

Once again, may we offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion. Kind regardsUniversal Music

--------------

I will NEVER EVER send back the purple one but I want the pink one as well. So all in all there are 6 editions (including the black one). It's getting kinda weird.

Re: Some Girls on vinyl - finally in 6 different colors
Date: November 18, 2011 13:19

LOL! Great thumbs up

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 18, 2011 13:37

I'm gonna buy a yellow one...always good music on them...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:01

Great news, the following products from order 3146672 have been carefully packed and are on their way to you.

The Rolling Stones
Some Girls - Blue 12" Vinyl
Vinyl •21.99 1 Sent 2011-11-17 •25.99

it will not a turquoise one for me smiling smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:08

silkcut1978_

Dear Rolling Stones customer, We are writing in regards to your recent order for the Rolling Stones "Some Girls" limited edition pink 12” vinyl. Unfortunately there has been a slight issue in manufacturing which means the vinyl that you will receive is purple, rather than pink. May we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We are in the process of pressing a new batch of the pink vinyls and would be happy to replace your rare purple one with the correct pink one if you would prefer. Please just return your purple vinyl to the following address with your dispatch notice and a note explaining you would prefer the pink copy, and we will send this straight out to you. The address to send the vinyl to is:

Universal Customer ServiceC/o ArvatoChippenham DriveKingstonMilton KeynesBuckinghamshireMK10 0AT

Once again, may we offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion. Kind regardsUniversal Music

--------------

I will NEVER EVER send back the purple one but I want the pink one as well. So all in all there are 6 editions (including the black one). It's getting kinda weird.

You'll probably be one of the very few fans who actually has a purple copy, given that it was made in error. Could be worth much more down the road than it is today!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:16

silkcut1978_

--------------

Cool!!!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:33

proudmary
silkcut1978_

Cool!!!

Thanks proudmary - but EXPENSIVE moody smiley

deluxe, super deluxe, wig box, 6 vinyl releases, bluray with CD - we've got nothing to eat anymore for the rest of the month and my family already started bitching around. They don't have a sense for the important things in life grinning smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:41

silkcut1978_
proudmary
silkcut1978_

Cool!!!

deluxe, super deluxe, wig box, 6 vinyl releases, bluray with CD - we've got nothing to eat anymore for the rest of the month and my family already started bitching around. They don't have a sense for the important things in life grinning smiley

You are so right. My husband threatens to take away my credit cardeye popping smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:36

I have a question....(posting it in this thread as well, as it probably gets overlooked in that "packiging-thread" )

I haven't ordered any of these new pressings. Allready have 4 original LPs, the prange one, the pink one and a Japanese one; so I thought it would be too much
So what I'm surious about; is; has anybody listened to the new pressing and compared it with the original 1978 pressing (or the French/Dutch pressing)? Is it better or worse?

As the Exile "remaster" was a downgrade from the original I thought this Some Girls remaster LP would be so as well. Could somebody please confirm?

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 30, 2011 13:45

why so many still unexploited colors? "some girls" deserve as many colors as
there are shades of lipstick and eyeshadow...

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: November 30, 2011 13:53

Don't return the Purple vinyl because it is not supposed to come out in that colour version so you will have a bit of a rarity on your hands.

Andy

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: November 30, 2011 17:35

Anyone who has a spare of the purple or pink one? I was a little bit to late, and only gor the blue, green and yellow ones.... :-.....(

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2011 17:39

NedKelly
Anyone who has a spare of the purple or pink one? I was a little bit to late, and only gor the blue, green and yellow ones.... :-.....(

Nevermind my comment about the pink version being sold out; because I wrote the wrong word there....I meant that the PURPLE version is sold out.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2011 17:50

silkcut1978_
proudmary
silkcut1978_

Cool!!!

Haven't you forgotten the hat box as well?

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: December 1, 2011 12:12

Erik_Snow
NedKelly

Nevermind my comment about the pink version being sold out; because I wrote the wrong word there....I meant that the PURPLE version is sold out.

The Pink is for sale now. I hope someone will sell their purple one to me. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home