Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Message (And REQUEST) to The STONES from the fans WW about the Unreleased Stones Concerts
Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:27

Man...some of you people are self entitled, whiny ass, b*tches, aren't you?

("I'm a fan and I post on IORR. Here's what I want. Also, here's what I don't want. Yeah...you heard me. I'm not interested in what you've been doing for the past 20 years -when you played to exponentially more fans than you had in the previous 30-. Seriously...but you had better listen to me or....or....well....just listen to me, ok?")

Re: Message (And REQUEST) to The STONES from the fans WW about the Unreleased Stones Concerts
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:31

El Mocambo - number 1 need
anything with Brian
Perth 73
NYC 72
Toronto (warm up gig) 2002

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:49

Roundhouse'71! I hope Glyn Jones taped this/these one(s).

A best-of of the two Paradiso'95 shows would be fine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 19:51 by dcba.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:51

Nobody has yet mentioned the uncirculated club gig they did with Muddy Waters in Chicago 1978 - as one of the "gems" out there. Then again; no idea if they recorded it or not - nor if it was successful.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:52

Erik_Snow
Nobody has yet mentioned the uncirculated club gig they did with Muddy Waters in Chicago 1978 - as one of the "gems" out there. Then again; no idea if they recorded it or not - nor if it was successful.

interesting thought...but mick sounding like a little schoolboy next to the master? not thinking that's such a good idea....

Date: November 21, 2011 19:57

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

interesting thought...but mick sounding like a little schoolboy next to the master? not thinking that's such a good idea....

Well Mick's sounding like a schoolboy compared to Muddy Waters in 1981, I suppose - then again - maybe he was so high in 1978 that he had more authority back then? Who knows.... I can't even remember any comments about why they wanted to jam with Muddy in 1981; I mean - if it was because "it was so great in 1978", or if it was because "they'd do better this time around"
It's a very undocumented happening that 1978 club show....allthough some photos exists.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 21, 2011 20:01

Yes gang ALL the concerts you've mentioned as long as they are on CD and DVD

Date: November 21, 2011 20:02

dunno. not sure there had to be a specific reason for the rollin' stones to play with the man who inspired their name...

Date: November 21, 2011 20:03

StonesTod
dunno. not sure there had to be a specific reason for the rollin' stones to play with the man who inspired their name...

Yeah you're right about that of course, but I meant that comments about this (in 81) would make it clearer whether the 1978 show was a hoot or not.

Date: November 21, 2011 20:06

Erik_Snow
StonesTod

Yeah you're right about that of course, but I meant that comments about this (in 81) would make it clearer whether the 1978 show was a hoot or not.

i vote hoot

Date: November 21, 2011 20:10

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

i forgot to say to obvious.....they released Shine A Light didn't they - despite of Buddy Guy...

Date: November 21, 2011 20:13

Here they are in 1978 at Quiet Knight Club

by Terry Abrahamson

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 20:18 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 21, 2011 22:47

Hey Honestman !
Just found out your thread smiling smiley
My wishes :

El Mocambo
Paris 1970
MSG 69

Plus - Hey ! Mr Jagger, if you ever read me .....
Live at Palais Des Sports Lyon, June 9th 1976 - I am not kidding -

Mick ,do it for me .cool smiley

AL aka Sway aka WinterTour

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:09

i'm sure abkco probably owns any pre 1970 live recordings
i'll be happy to have any decent live show between 1970-1982

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:30

If they are not wanting to do something from '69 because of Decca/ABKCO, I really hope that they focus on the tours that are not documented in the seventies:
'70
'71
'72
Tour Down Under '73
and '75

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2011 10:32

I will add one on my list

Muddy WATERS & The ROLLING STONES November 22.1981 Chicago

HMN

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 25, 2011 22:32

I know they announced that there would be 6 releases, however, why limit it to 6? They're using the online distribution method, so costs after preparing the recording are minimal, keep it as an ongoing release program. The tapes have no commercial value in the vault going forward. The arse has fallen out of the music business anyway. Elvis Presley's curator has been releasing out takes and soundboards for about 10 years, there must be close to 100 of them now. However they won't release them electronically and they're quite expensive.

FWIW:
1972 MSG
Altamont
1969 Oakland
1975 LA or SF
1971 CYHMK show
1973 Australian show

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 25, 2011 22:38

I´m with you, my dear friend!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: November 26, 2011 03:31

studiorambo
I know they announced that there would be 6 releases, however, why limit it to 6? ...
Very good point indeed thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 26, 2011 04:52

For their bootleg series, I would avoid anything after the El Mocambo shows.

I'd want:
a complete MSG NYC 1969 show
The best available Europe 1970 show
Philadelphia 1972
Toronto 1975
El Mocambo complete

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: November 26, 2011 05:38

El mocombo
Vancouver 72

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2011 06:03

Vancouver '72 would be great, as they played Ventilator Blues, Torn & Frayed and Sweet Black Angel (though not very well).

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 26, 2011 08:01

Have you all forgotten the Universal Music empire that is bankrolling all this?
They've got plenty of say so about the Stones music; unfortunately they don't have the true knowledge of to whom they're marketing ETC. ETC. ETC.

Best 2 things that have helped Stones marketing lately are:

Jagger's stupendous performance at the Grammys last February

The huge success of Adam Levine with "Moves Like Jagger."

Be interesting to see if all the people who read Keith's book will be buying the "new product."

OK - what is next !!! the Next 5 Live shows Released
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 25, 2011 13:51

i have not seen a thread about this on Page 1...sorry if I am repeating everyone...
anyway...what do you guys think might be the next 5...has anyone got some "inside" information????? surely not facebook rubbish ?

my 2 cents worth:

LEEDS 71

HAMPTON 81

MSG 1972 (unfortunately 1969 is f**ked up due to recent EP release)

LA 1975

MIRACLE! PERTH 1973 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: OK - what is next !!! the Next 5 Live shows Released
Date: November 25, 2011 14:16

see here
IORR
winking smiley

HMN

Date: November 25, 2011 14:23

oops..
thanks HM
but i guess these are more "requests"

besides Perth, I think the top 4 i have written above will be the ones !!

i am hoping someone might have some "inside" info?? no ?

thanks

Date: November 25, 2011 14:30

I think there will be shows that are not bootlegged as heavily as Leeds or Hampton.

We were in for a surprise when we saw which Brussels show they released, for instance.

Date: November 25, 2011 15:21

Eleanor Rigby
i have not seen a thread about this on Page 1...sorry if I am repeating everyone...
anyway...what do you guys think might be the next 5...has anyone got some "inside" information????? surely not facebook rubbish ?

my 2 cents worth:

LEEDS 71

HAMPTON 81

MSG 1972 (unfortunately 1969 is f**ked up due to recent EP release)

LA 1975

MIRACLE! PERTH 1973 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that Hampton 1981 will be saved for a future Eagle Vision DVD release, instead of a downloadable audio release.

LA 1975....hmmm; San Francisco and Toronto are just as likely, since the shows in those cities were recorded in exceptional quality, considered for inclusion on Love You Live. After all; the fame that LA 1975 has in the bootleg world is due to the audience captures....no SBD leaks.

Perth 1973.....if we ever get a Winter Tour 1973 concert - I'm hoping for some of the ones not available as SBD recording allready. But I doubt they have PERFECT recordings of those shows. The Perth 1973 bootleg is just a "straight SBD line recording"....probably just a 2 or 4 channel recording to begin with....unlike Brussels 1973 etc.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 25, 2011 15:31

Instead of Leeds which we already have in great quality I'd rather have something from '70 or the Marquee show complete with rehearsals.

Date: November 25, 2011 16:35

yes...we would all love something which we have not heard...but the Stones are fairly predictable with this...

I agree Eric, the straight soundboard from Perth was not a classic "recording" by the band...

i think that gives us the next five dont you think ? I mean..it will be the ones they have had their "hands on".

Altamont would be a classic and maybe another possibility ?

Paris 1970 is another...

give me anything after 1982 and I'll cut my throat...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home