Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
special announcement 3 pm. CET
Posted by: wesley ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:08

From RS Facebook site

Re: special announcement 3 pm. CET
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:13

wesley
From RS Facebook site

Could this provide a reason (or two or three or four or ....) to hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley ???

Yippee ................... cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:15

Yep, today at 10am Eastern:

Stay tuned for a special announcement from the band today at 3pm GMT (10am EST/ 7am PST). Intrigued? Check this

Date: November 17, 2011 16:23

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:27

It's gonna be the Brussels Affair Google Music release announcement.

Date: November 17, 2011 16:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 16:36 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:29

Should be an announcement about Brussels '73 worlwide release?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 17, 2011 16:54

Anyone know what the announcement was?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:00

what is up with Susan Gort on the Stones' facebook page? using their page so she could promote herself and her painting that has nothing to do with the Stones. lame.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:02

frankotero
Anyone know what the announcement was?

It hasn't been announced yet confused smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:06

justthat some girls is out, i think
bye
jeroen

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:07

It's 16:07 here in Germany. Thought that was a part of CET.

Date: November 17, 2011 17:08

What's taking them so long??

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:10

I don't know what the announcement is yet, but based on a comment on the Stones Facebook page by one fellow, who says,"Never dreamt it would be released on a legal CD. I'm buying it for sure."......so I'm thinking the announcement may have been that Brussels will be soon released on CD? I'm just speculating at the moment, though.....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:11

to announce a special announcement to be made - just for telling about a new release of old stuff? Isn't take strange? Unless there is more to be announced?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:11

sf37
I don't know what the announcement is yet, but based on a comment on the Stones Facebook page by one fellow, who says,"Never dreamt it would be released on a legal CD. I'm buying it for sure."......so I'm thinking the announcement may have been that Brussels will be soon released on CD? I'm just speculating at the moment, though.....

That's exactly what I think it will be.

Date: November 17, 2011 17:12

I think that's 3 PM. Central Time US so it can be re-read on the 5:30 evening news programs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 17:14 by steel driving hammer.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:13

Bill WYMAN IS BACK<< so the story goes,, whaiting on offical announcement

Date: November 17, 2011 17:13

sf37

There are people there saying that Bill is back, so let's wait and see how trustworthy some people are smiling smiley

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:15

DandelionPowderman
sf37

There are people there saying that Bill is back, so let's wait and see how trustworthy some people are smiling smiley

Fair enough. Don't want to be jumping to any false conclusions.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:15

northernale1

source?

Date: November 17, 2011 17:16

See the Facebook-thread. Claiming it is announced in England already...

Date: November 17, 2011 17:16

Vocalion
northernale1

source?

FB... grinning smiley

Date: November 17, 2011 17:18

Here is to hoping its true,,,

if its true,, this is the start of the wheels in motion for a tour,, well maybe not the start,, guess if its true the wheels have been in motion for a while,, its the start we get to see,,,

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:20

The FB page states this:
FB
Visit The Rolling Stones official Facebook page at 6pm GMT (1pm EST) on 17/11/2011 to hear 8 full tracks from the forthcoming fully remastered reissue of ‘Some Girls’, including the classic hits ‘Miss You’ & ’Beast of Burden’ and four previously unreleased tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 17:21 by Koen.

Date: November 17, 2011 17:21

here is the new news on there web site

[www.rollingstones.com]

sad smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 17, 2011 17:22

the new is: [www.StonesArchive.com]

Date: November 17, 2011 17:23

From rs.com:

The Rolling Stones launch StonesArchive.com and release The Brussels Affair worldwide
Posted by Tumblin Dice @ 15:14 on November 17th 2011

The Rolling Stones have unlocked the door to their archive, full of music, film and memorabilia from their incredible, almost 50 year career. At www.StonesArchive.com you can listen to unheard music, view unseen photographs and films, and look at rare merchandise. Fans have the opportunity to buy items such as signed lithographs, deluxe box sets, even personalised merchandise and tour gear in the shop.

The first item the band are releasing is the long-awaited download of a legendary 1973 concert, recorded at the Forest National in Belgium. Long hailed by die-hard Stones fans as one of the band's greatest live performances, The Brussels Affair has been a mainstay in the underground music world for years. The original bootlegs, sold under such titles as Europe 73, Bedspring Symphony and Brussels Affair, were cobbled together from assorted radio broadcasts, including the syndicated radio programme King Biscuit Flower Hour, and usually contained songs performed at other venues. The new edition, pulled exclusively from the two Brussels gigs, was taken from the original multi-track masters recorded by Andy Johns on the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Longtime Stones collaborator Bob Clearmountain applied the final mix.

Brussels was the penultimate stop on a European tour that the Stones embarked upon in the autumn of 1973 to promote the album Goats Head Soup. At the time, the Stones were by far the biggest stars on the planet, and the 21-city tour was met by ecstatic crowds, causing the band to frequently perform two shows a day, as they did at the Forest National arena in Brussels. Despite the frenetic pace, the road trip yielded some of the band's greatest music on stage.

The Brussels Affair captures that greatness. From the opening chords of "Brown Sugar" to the closing crescendo of "Street Fighting Man", the Stones were firing on all cylinders: Keith and Charlie churning out a locomotive-like rhythm section (can any song be played faster than this rendition of "Rip This Joint"?), Mick Taylor delivering a barrage of blistering leads, and Jagger growling and grinding in his blue-sequined best.

Although the Stones began readying a live album of the show for commercial release, the idea was ultimately shelved - a tragedy given the ferocity of the set and the definitive live versions of Stones classics that it presents. Fortunately, that has all changed today. If there was one Rolling Stones bootleg that needed to find its way into the mainstream, Brussels '73 was it.

The bootleg is available to American fans at the new Google Music site.

Date: November 17, 2011 17:23

Yeah! FLAC!!!!

Date: November 17, 2011 17:25

Listening to Brussels right now! smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home