Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Time Is on My Side
Posted by: simoncm ()
Date: November 13, 2011 14:16

Hi!

Could someone please tell me when the Stones' original (organ intro) version of Time Is on My Side first got a UK release? I've a feeling it could have been as late as the eighties, but I don't even know if it was a vinyl LP or CD.It may well have been available on import(s), but I need to know the first actual UK release. Someone out there must know!

Cheers, and here's hoping!

Simon

Re: Time Is on My Side
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 13, 2011 20:45

HI it was rolling stones no2 album 1964.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 13, 2011 21:05

I actually think it was when the ABKCO CD's were released in December 1986. It was on Hot Rocks and Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) which both got UK CD releases that month.

The version on 'Rolling Stones No 2' was the one with the guitar intro, recorded in November 1964. The 'organ' version was cut in London in June '64.

Date: November 13, 2011 21:20

Simon, I looked in some books, and it seems it was not really released (as opposed to available) in UK. Felix Aeppli has it listed as released on A Hot Rocks version on CD in Dec. '86, and the Big Hits CD also in Dec '86.
He is usually very accurate; so it could be that these were at that point the organ versions.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 13, 2011 21:51

1984 Decca LP release of 12x5 ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 14, 2011 00:44

September 1984 - european release made in West Germany : 12x5 - 820 048 - LP & CD

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2011 01:48

Think he's looking for a UK release - was that one not an import?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 14, 2011 07:32

ROCKMAN

Posted by: simoncm ()
Date: November 17, 2011 22:14

Many thanks indeed for clearing that up - and to everyone else who took the trouble to reply with information. Very much appreciated.

The info on the UK release of 12x5 is fascinating - and throws up another question! Surely the original US issue contained the 3' 40"(plus) version of 2120 South Michigan Avenue? - in which case the UK album wouldn't be a straight reissue. Can anyone shed any light?

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: February 6, 2013 09:02

simoncm
Many thanks indeed for clearing that up - and to everyone else who took the trouble to reply with information. Very much appreciated.

The info on the UK release of 12x5 is fascinating - and throws up another question! Surely the original US issue contained the 3' 40"(plus) version of 2120 South Michigan Avenue? - in which case the UK album wouldn't be a straight reissue. Can anyone shed any light?
The original 12x5 vinyl and all its reissues never had the long version of 2120.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home