Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Which Some Girls Reissue are you getting ?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:07

Honestman
Gazza
...a photo book and a replica 7' single sure as hell arent worth paying an extra £50 for.
Yep but as a vinyl collector, I'd choose that deal and I'm glad with that 7' reissue.
The original 7' can fetch 1000 USD...if it surface...and it's Christmas soon so...

yeah, but its NOT the original. Its a replica.

Can understand why completists need to have everything, but as I'm not one, its an overpriced rip-off, hence my answer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:08

ab
Gazza
ab
I'm getting the deluxe of Some Girls for the car and the office, the super deluxe of Some Girls for at home,

Cant you just carry the discs from the house to the car (or make a CD-R) instead?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I could, but I prefer to have some form of original packaging.

Yeah, but youre in your car. No one will know. smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:12

i've ordered the 2-CD edition and the DVD
i'd go for the silly but charming $56 "deluxe set" - [www.amazon.com] -
if it included the CD of outtakes, but it appears not to, so ... oh well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-13 15:28 by with sssoul.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:19

I go for the blue vinyl 500 copies. i wonder if they are numbered.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:32

Gazza

Can understand why completists need to have everything, but as I'm not one, its an overpriced rip-off, hence my answer.

I forgot to add that I've pre-ordered the blue and green colored vinyls, I don't like the color of the new red one, the original french red is far better, same reason for the yellow that is awful in my taste, dutch orange is far better IMO.
So I'm not really a completist, just a fellow vinyl collector, and agreed nothing's better than the real thing, but for this Beast of Burden 7', think I'm gonna wait a while before one land in my collection. So I'm glad with the reissue meanwhile EVEN if overpriced, the dudes who works at Universal got the business thing, and it works for some stupid guys like me, but...it could be the last time !winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:45

Honestman
Gazza

I forgot to add that I've pre-ordered the blue and green colored vinyls, I don't like the color of the new red one, the original french red is far better, same reason for the yellow that is awful in my taste, dutch orange is far better IMO.
So I'm not really a completist, just a fellow vinyl collector, and agreed nothing's better than the real thing, but for this Beast of Burden 7', think I'm gonna wait a while before one land in my collection. So I'm glad with the reissue meanwhile EVEN if overpriced, the dudes who works at Universal got the business thing, and it works for some stupid guys like me, but...it could be the last time !winking smiley

I allready have the original french red; and the original dutch orange; and even though I love vinyls myself; I'm not buying the "digitally remastered" version. It's bound to be a downgrade; qualitywise. I'm going for the cheap 2CD version when it comes to the 2011 Some Girls.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 13, 2011 14:19

Erik_Snow
...It's bound to be a downgrade; qualitywise...

Collector thing, Erik, collector thing, we all get nuts for something , for some others it's the Bootlegs winking smiley, I don't purchase the colored ones for listenin' to'em >grinning smiley<,.

HMN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 13, 2011 15:09

As I want the book I'll get the Super Deluxe. I got a thing for porridge anyway....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 13, 2011 15:23

just the 2cd version of SG, and ofcourse the cd-dvd Live in Texas
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 13, 2011 15:26

The Super Deluxe for the 7" pic sleeve and the book.

Pete.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 13, 2011 15:30

I'd love to get the Helmut Newton photo session (I have a keen interest in photography) but eventually I'm pretty sure I'll buy none of the SG editions...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2011 17:30

2CD + DVD.

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: November 13, 2011 19:30

First up the Blu ray with cd editions and the 2cd deluxe.By the way with the release of the live disc we are so familiar with where would rank this with official live releases .I think it shoots right up to somewhere near the top

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 13, 2011 19:38

I ordered the DVD/CD combo a while back from amazon.co.uk ,and I'll get the 2CD set locally on the day.
Seems that good though these releases are,there seems a fair degree of p##s taking going on with all these other versions,after all we are not teeny boppers,nice to have the Texas gig in proper quality and the out-takes on the Deluxe issue,but why all this other stuff.
I suppose it was too much to ask for a little co operation and collaboration and just release Live in Texas DVD with the Live CD included in some Special offer Box Set with the out takes and the original CD.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 13, 2011 19:43

2CD version and mainly looking forward to the Live In Texas DVD/CD combo.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 15, 2011 12:21

I've received Texas Blu-ray with a poster today.

I'm also looking forward to Some Girls 2 CDs version with a Helmut Newton's poster calendar below.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-15 13:42 by Toru A.

Date: November 15, 2011 12:22

Super de Luxe + the DVD

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2011 12:32

Toru A
from another angle

Wow - thanks for this toru. I wonder if Japan now is the Stones' biggest market. I don't think we're getting anything like that in the UK. Not sure about USA but the days of the Stones putting up big hoardings in LA and other places must be long gone.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2011 12:39

The 2 CD version will do me. I still have a press kit version sent me back in 78 so don't need so called collectable from 2011.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 15, 2011 12:52

2 CD Deluxe pack and one of the vinyls.
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: René ()
Date: November 15, 2011 13:01

Mmmm.....wonder if the piano version of So Young will be on the Japan deluxe 2CD (out on December 7)? Or only as a Itunes bonus track?

René

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 15, 2011 13:37

Toru A, please contact me:
stoned-tt@web.de

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 15, 2011 14:13

TooTough
Toru A, please contact me:
Too Tough,

Sorry, I don't contact you.
Don't hold it against me.

By the way,
Keith is playing real phungky. This's just great!thumbs up

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 15, 2011 14:14

Everyone! This is serious business and nothing for girls...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: November 15, 2011 15:22

I want those Japanese posters!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2011 17:22

Gazza
Double CD. The DVD on the Super Deluxe is pretty much worthless and a photo book and a replica 7' single sure as hell arent worth paying an extra £50 for.

You are totally correct, and that was my rationale for not buying the EXILE superdeluxe originally.

However, the Beast replica is enough of a draw for a lot of people (and I suspect they are fully aware of that).

So sadly, I will be going the extra mile on this one.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 15, 2011 18:06

Since I have the french red & dutch orange vinyls as well as an original Beast PS,I'll only buy the 2cd & the dvd....maybe best buy will have a special set with a 3rd cd(like they had with the exile re-release).Next monday will tell.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2011 18:31

whichever one(s) show up on demonoid...i don't have direct control here...i get whatever freebies they throw me...

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 15, 2011 19:27

2 CD Deluxe and the DVD with CD. Still wondering what will actually be on the CD with the DVD as there has been no official work that I can find.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 15, 2011 20:21

The Texas DVD ad that's it. I've had all the rest of it, AND the essentials the are not including, for eons.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home