Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Taylor Floor Effects
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:03

Pic taken without permission from [www.stonesvikings.com]

Smokey
Some visuals for what has been described earlier

Colorsound in '73 europe

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: November 12, 2011 05:00

/Users/laurentguibert/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/2 juil_23. 09/P1020490.JPG

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 12, 2011 05:33

DandelionPowderman
lapaz62
Thanks Smokey, that sure does look like a DS of some type. My amp is a Carlsbro Combo GLX85 and an old Fender Twin from the 80s, not sure what model, I have an Les Paul Standard from the late 90s but my favourite guitar that I like playing at the moment is an Epiphone 335 dot semi acoustic, feedsback like a bitch but its nice to play.

How's the intonation on the Dot? I'm thinking of getting me one soon.

Maybe worth waiting a little bit until these ones hit Europe (if they haven't already):

[www.epiphone....and-ES-355.aspx]

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 12, 2011 05:41

Mathijs
Concerning Dylan: I've not seen too many pictures, but there's some footage on Youtube of some large stadium show and he was using a Marshall stack. Of course he could have used MM amps too, as Dylan used these amps from the late 70's on.
Mathijs

There are different setups at different points in the tour and there is the possibility that the wrong stack is being linked to Taylor, but:

he stood in front of this one for this concert (that's Baez and Santana in the pic)
Marshall head, but don't know the others

this set up seems to be all Marshall, but Santana may have used one set

I was a bit surprised to see him with an Ampeg post-Stones in this '82 show
(presumably a VT-22 or VT-40)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 12, 2011 15:50

UniVibe on Street Fighting man 1973?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 14, 2011 12:05

Other notable effects...

Rangemaster with Mayall in 1968

[www.monsterkonzert.ch]

Colorsound Fuzz Wah Swell, Colorsound Octivider, Leslie control footswitch during a 1974 session for Herbie Mann album

[cache1.asset-cache.net]

Date: November 14, 2011 12:12

His Majesty
Other notable effects...

Rangemaster with Mayall in 1968

[www.monsterkonzert.ch]

Colorsound Fuzz Wah Swell, Colorsound Octivider, Leslie control footswitch during a 1974 session for Herbie Mann album

[cache1.asset-cache.net]

Thanks. That's the first picture I have seen of him using a Dallas Rangemaster. Wonder if it was Clapton's old one.

Date: November 14, 2011 12:26

terraplane

Thanks. That's the first picture I have seen of him using a Dallas Rangemaster. Wonder if it was Clapton's old one.

Clapton never used one, tis just a myth.

Date: November 14, 2011 12:42

His Majesty
terraplane

Clapton never used one, tis just a myth.

I have heard this but I think Clappers has neither confirmed or denied. There are some tracks on the Beano album that sound like he used one which is a bit funny as I have heard him say he disliked Vox amps as they had too much top end.

Date: November 14, 2011 12:51

terraplane

I have heard this but I think Clappers has neither confirmed or denied. There are some tracks on the Beano album that sound like he used one which is a bit funny as I have heard him say he disliked Vox amps as they had too much top end.

It's been debated far too much. The rumour was originally put out there by a guy making Rangemaster clones.

Clapton has said actually he didn't use one, as of yet no pics or footage show him using one, all of the guitar the sounds on the album could easily just have been made with guitar - amp and some tweaking on mixing console, studio gear.

Date: November 14, 2011 14:24

Been debated far too much by who? If you can remember the interview or whatever where Clapton said he didn't use the Rangemaster, please share.

Date: November 14, 2011 17:35

terraplane
Been debated far too much by who? If you can remember the interview or whatever where Clapton said he didn't use the Rangemaster, please share.

On various music gear forums like plexi palace, les paul forum, thegearpage etc etc. He said so in some fairly recent guitar magazine. Join up at thegearpage, I think I saw something about that issue/interview there.

thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 14, 2011 21:42

laugui
/Users/laurentguibert/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/2 juil_23. 09/P1020490.JPG

This doesn't work, you cannot link to pics on your own Mac. You need to upload it to Flickr or ImageShack or something like that, and then post the link here.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 08:32

Now that Micks website is back up, it appears that he is using a Blues Driver, a Chorus and a Cry Baby Wah but it also says he is using a 61 SG, havent seen him play one since 71, Im sure he has but he hasn't used one in recent memory, no mention of his Amps.

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: January 28, 2012 13:45

mick taylor effects new morning 2 7 2009

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 17:25

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 28, 2012 18:46

His Majesty, thank you for posting that John Mayall Mick Taylor Rangemaster photo. I have never heard that MT had used one, just that story about EC using one.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home