Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Everything Is Turning To Gold on SG deluxe - why?
Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 09:25

So it seems the great Everyting Is Turning To Gold is left off Some Girls Deluxe. I really like the song and think it's a missed chance.

I've tried to come up with some possible reasons:
1. They don't even know it's the non-album b-side from Shattered.
2. They don't think it's a good enough song which is why they left it off Some Girls in the first place.
3. They don't want to stop Sucking In The Seventies from selling huge amounts. smiling smiley
4. They want to include it in a future Tattoo You Deluxe with leftovers from '73-'81.
5. Don't worry, it's a hidden bonus track on Some Girls Deluxe!
6. Other reason?

What do you think? Like to hear your opinions.

Pete.

Re: No Everything Is Turning To Gold on SG deluxe - why?
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 9, 2011 09:27

They don't wanna fuel Ronnie's (fill-in-the-blank) habit du jour.

(Seriously I love the song.)

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 9, 2011 09:38

Pete66
So it seems the great Everyting Is Turning To Gold is left off Some Girls Deluxe. I really like the song and think it's a missed chance.

I've tried to come up with some possible reasons:
1. They don't even know it's the non-album b-side from Shattered.
2. They don't think it's a good enough song which is why they left it off Some Girls in the first place.
3. They don't want to stop Sucking In The Seventies from selling huge amounts. smiling smiley
4. They want to include it in a future Tattoo You Deluxe with leftovers from '73-'81.
5. Don't worry, it's a hidden bonus track on Some Girls Deluxe!
6. Other reason?

What do you think? Like to hear your opinions.

Pete.

The reason is fans and forums. You know, -Whining little tourist who moan all the time, Too many would complain " Why is there a song, we already have, this really sucks, they are re-releasing old songs, dont they know we already have it, boo-hoo"...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-09 09:40 by seitan.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 9, 2011 09:51

It's been released before but yes, it should have been there as it's one of the best songs they recorded in the late 70s.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 09:57

yes very good song indeed
I like the bridge

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: November 9, 2011 10:29

I'd find more reasons to argue if it were included!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 10:49

Tis a shame. They could have put the nine minute version on. It is great!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 9, 2011 11:16

Because its so incredible and awesome that it must be kept secret - for only the very few discerning and motivated fanatics to discover. A buried treasure.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 9, 2011 12:52

Maybe Don Was will give an interview after SG deluxe is released and provide us with some details about his track selection for the outtakes and if there were any other tracks considered.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:53

What's the problem here? The song is on Sucking In The 70's. That's enough.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:57

Hillside Blues

Yes it's easy to find Everything Is Turning To Gold. Not at all a big loss for us that it's not a part of the Some Girls deluxe edition

It's different with "So Young" as it has never been released on an album, only as a CD single; which means that a lot of people yet don't have that track

Date: November 9, 2011 16:16

It would have been nice to have one of the other unedited Everything Is Turning To Gold-versions in full quality, though.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:20

Yes that would had been nice. Same goes for other Some Girls era songs like When The Whip Comes Down, Miss You and Some Girls. But no surprise that they didn't release such "jams" - as it would "bore" people - in their eyes

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:36

The eight track mixes of Miss You, Far Away Eyes, Shattered and BOB are conspicuously absent as well. Also the promo mix of Before They Make Me Run and the "dance mix" of Miss You which is the second longest recording in the Stones canon. A sampling of live audio NOT derived from the Ft Worth DVD would be likwise welcome. Reproductions of record sleeves, new graphic pieces derived from old artwork and promo DVDs are no substitution for real music.

Date: November 9, 2011 16:42

Think it's possible that Miss You has had the most releases? Sometimes it seems Everything Is Turning To Gold has had more than three releases but it hasn't - the B-side to Shattered, Sucking In The Seventies and Flashpoint+Collectibles. Maybe Mick figured it didn't need more vocals like So Young did for some reason.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:49

Sure, EITTG has been available on several compendiums but it's still an integral part of SOME GIRLS. Hell, it's not like there isn't room.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:56

they need something "new" when the reissue the Some Girls Deluxe in 5 or 10 yrs.
something to get all of us to buy it again...it will also include Misty Road & Fiji Jim. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2011 17:42

umm...if it's really that important...and it's not...you just burn it onto your own version of the album. sheesh....such whiners...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 9, 2011 18:08

Hillside Blues

Well it is a Some Girls b-side & the only one. Deluxe editions by other bands (actually I was just browsing ELO deluxe editions last night) almost always contain the bsides from that album, even if on other compilations. It is not that hard to fit a 13th track on the disc, there's really no arguing, I'm sure they simply don't know enough about Stones history to have even thought of including it - if they did it would be on there.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 9, 2011 18:10

R
The eight track mixes of Miss You, Far Away Eyes, Shattered and BOB are conspicuously absent as well. Also the promo mix of Before They Make Me Run and the "dance mix" of Miss You which is the second longest recording in the Stones canon. A sampling of live audio NOT derived from the Ft Worth DVD would be likwise welcome. Reproductions of record sleeves, new graphic pieces derived from old artwork and promo DVDs are no substitution for real music.

Eggcellent point, I wasn't even thinking about those tracks myself, but that would have made this far more worthwhile, they should be on a separate disc.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:50

Pete 66 some of your interpretations are plausible, but apart from the fact that point 1 “they don’t even know it’s the non-album b-side from Shattered” could also turn into “they do know that it’s the b-side from Shattered” (and it’s included in Sucking in the 70’s, as already mentioned by other posters), what intrigues me is your point 4:
“They want to include it in a future Tattoo You Deluxe with leftovers from ’73-’81” …
Now, I´m a quite faithful (indulgent?) fan / purchaser, I bought all the recent “not new Stones stuff” and “Stones related material” as the Exile CD + outtakes and Super Heavy, in a general way I’m satisfied, and I’m gonna buy the Some Girls special edition; but if they won’t release anything new in the meanwhile and the next step will be a Tattoo You Deluxe, then they’d rather rename the song into: “Everything Is Turning To Gold, Even What We Are Scraping From The Bottom Of The Barrel”, which in terms of title´s length would beat Lennon’s “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey”. But hey, records are done to be passed by, have you seen surfer McNamara taming a 30 mt wave on the Portuguese beach of Nazaré yesterday?
* For the chronicle, in Greek Mythology Dionysus offered King Midas the gift of turning into gold everything he touched, but after a while Midas asked him to set him free from that gift since he couldn’t drink or eat anymore…

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:59

..and why not 'I need you', 'Misty Roads' and Fiji Jim'?!! Was will tell...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:23

well zip mouth angel is also fantastic.....I mean the combinations are endless...the grandkids will have to release those.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 21:35

StonesTod
umm...if it's really that important...and it's not...you just burn it onto your own version of the album. sheesh....such whiners...

No whining, just wondering why they left it off.

Pete.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2011 21:44

Pete66
StonesTod

No whining, just wondering why they left it off.

for legal reasons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home