Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Those of us who have kids: Do they like the Stones, or is it just 'parent's music'?
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:12

My kids are only 4 years old. So, what's your story?. Including bv, if he wants to share his experience with us.

Re: Those of us who have kids: Do they like the Stones, or is it just 'parent's music'?
Posted by: R ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:19

My kids like 'em because Dad likes 'em but they prefer their own music, naturally. I took my sons to see ABB in 2006 but they were a bit young at 9 and 10. Both of them have said they'd like to see them again

Re: Those of us who have kids: Do they like the Stones, or is it just 'parent's music'?
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:19

My kids are grown-up,but not at all interested in listening to the Stones.
Although they know very well about my passion,sometimes kidding about those old people...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:20

Yup, introduced my three-and-a-half-year old daughter to them by way of She's A Rainbow. She loves it. Not sure what to play her next though.

The Beatles are her favourite band though because of the Yellow Submarine film. Her fave song is Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

She also digs See Emily Play by Pink Floyd. I guess a lot of classic English psychedelia had to do with childhood so it's a good starting point.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:22

my kids don't like 'em much, but they're my grandkids' favorite band of all time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:23

Mine were put into care at the age of five and three for failing to appreciate the greatness of 'Dirty Work'.....

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:26

My 12 year old son likes hiphop. Eminem, NAS, 2Pac, NWA et-ceter-ah.

I try to tell him that hiphop has a LOT in common with the stones, but of course he doesn't buy that. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:26

All of my kids can recognize Jagger's voice, but none really listen to em anymore. My 9.5 year old daughter is a metalhead - the heavier the better for her. My 7 year old son is a HUGE Bob Marley fan. In fact, he's listened to the same song every night all night long as he sleeps for over 2 year running now! Three Little Birds. I try asking him what it is he loves so much about that particular song, and he can't tell me really. He's also into all kinds of Reggae/African stuff - Matisyahu, Ziggy and Bob Marley, No Doubt, Rusted Root, etc. And my 6 year old son is all over the place with musical tastes, nothing clearly defined as yet...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:27

i don't have children but i was seven years old when my parents took me to the stones at the hockenheimring 1995 (see my nickname)! i knew almost every song they played on that concert. now i am 23 years old and a bigger fan than they are and i've seen more concerts than they have seen :-)

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:28

... but I seen that he's got "Yesterday" and "As tears go by" on his little iPod so hez a little whigger!!!!!!!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:51

My dad looks upon The Stones and The Beatles as I am looking upon backstreet boys and coldplay. pure rubbish that is!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:59

My dad always played the Stones and it just rubbed off on me. Because I think of them as so essential, right up there with The Beatles, they never seem like "old people's music" to me but I can see them construid in that way. For me, the music is timeless and I love the Stones. For my younger brother on the other hand though, they are probably definitely seen as "old people's music." I guess its just what kind of music you are into currently that defines it. My brother never "discovered" them so thus they were never really "new" to him.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 7, 2011 22:07

My son 19 love Keiths songs on the Stones records...don't know why... he just does...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 7, 2011 22:11

My kids love them, grew up listening to them, and Led Zep/Pink Floyd/The Who/Clapton/Dylan to name a few,but it was mainly the STONES. Now we have been to several concerts together they love music. play guitar.... MUSIC yea

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 7, 2011 22:17

well, my two sons (28 and 21) like the DVd-Box sets Four Flicks and Biggest bang.

They just like the stones LIVE-Performances and stil are proud to wear the Forty Licks T.shirts.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 7, 2011 22:30

Its happening, its spreading, growing - all you have to do is look at the age of the audience's three/four generations

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: November 7, 2011 22:40

My 10-year old daughter loves The Stones.

Her first words when she was 1,5 or so: "Mick, Mama, Keith, Papa".

When she was only 3 she asked me: "papa, papa, put on Big Mouth on TV"

(again we watched Let's Spend The Night Together, together)

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: November 7, 2011 23:14

Gazza
Mine were put into care at the age of five and three for failing to appreciate the greatness of 'Dirty Work'.....

LOL Liked that Gazza smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2011 23:29

bestfour
Its happening, its spreading, growing - all you have to do is look at the age of the audience's three/four generations

It isnt, really. While there might be some kids at Stones gigs, theyre increasingly few and far between.

Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: November 7, 2011 23:40

So far, my 16 month old daughter is far more into the Beatles and The Kinks

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 7, 2011 23:42

I hear Charlie is gaining in popularity with the younger generation. He may tour instead with Justin Beevis! Who is quite popular among some posters right here at IORR. By the way, who is Justin Butthead anyway?

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: November 7, 2011 23:46

My dad loves the Stones, I love the Stones and my little 16 month old WILL love the Stones. grinning smiley

Date: November 7, 2011 23:48

My nieces and nephews could care less about the Stones. They scoff when I mention them. It's their loss.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2011 00:02

Gazza
bestfour

It isnt, really. While there might be some kids at Stones gigs, theyre increasingly few and far between.

we used to be those kids, and we are fewer and farther between.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 8, 2011 00:44

I have some kids in between 12 and 30....and yes I played a lot of Stones and 60's music when they were young..and they appreciate this music and the Stones...actually they prefer this music more then today's music.

Must say that they more familiar with the pre '68 Stones stuff then the later ones

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 8, 2011 00:51

I can't say my Son is into The Stones,though he has been to 3 Stones Gigs with me and said he would come again if they tour.
He used to like Chuck Berry,but he's not got my love of music in general,he's more a video game lover.

Date: November 8, 2011 00:52

stonescrow
My nieces and nephews could care less about the Stones. They scoff when I mention them. It's their loss.

I tried to brainwash them, but their little minds are just too polluted to be saved.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 8, 2011 01:56

My boys are in their 20s. One of them listens to extremely heavy metal, but also likes to space out occasionally with Pink Floyd. The other likes Elvis and Motown. Neither gives a damn about the Rolling Stones and I have no intention of trying to change that.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 8, 2011 02:14

My nieces and nephews (ages ranging from 16 to 28) have been far more into the Beatles and Beach Boys over the years...hardly no interest in the Stones, despite their parents and uncle (me) being big Stones fans.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: November 8, 2011 02:59

My oldest is 22, took some time but she actually listens to their music from the late 60"s and early 70"s. My next is 14 and he says dad that music is grampa music. My youngest is 13 and she is the one that i've gotten hooked on the music. she will actually watch concert dvds with me

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home