Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Urgent help needed: the Stones and Taj Mahal
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 7, 2011 17:51

I'm editing an interview with the blues artist Taj Mahal, in which there are some incorrect statements about him and the Stones.

So, can you guys help me point out ANY connections between Taj Mahal and the Rolling Stones throughout their careers? The only thing I know of is the Rock 'n' Roll Circus.

Wikipedia says: "Mahal stayed with Columbia after The Rising Sons to begin his solo career, releasing the self-titled Taj Mahal in 1968, The Natch'l Blues in 1969, and Giant Step/De Old Folks at Home (also in 1969). During this time he and Cooder worked with The Rolling Stones, with whom he has performed at various times throughout his career. In 1968, he performed in the film The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal_(musician))

I can't find anything more specific than that, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-07 17:52 by LieB.

Re: Urgent help needed: the Stones and Taj Mahal
Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: November 7, 2011 17:58

He did Corrina with Mick, No Security tour, it's on STRIPPED:

No Security does not have the brilliance of Stripped but is interesting in its own right. I call this a fill in the gaps live album. The songs had either never been released on a Stones live album or at least had not appeared for a very long time.

“You Got Me Rocking” features a fine Keith Richards guitar solo with Woody in support. “Out Of Control” and “Flip The Switch” both rock nicely and it is nice to hear live versions of these studio tracks. “Respectable,” from Some Girls, is vastly superior to the largely forgotten studio version. “Sister Morphine” is still chilling and will always bring Marianne Faithful to mind. Taj Mahal joins the Stones on “Corinna” and chugs through an excellent version of this song.

Read more: [blogcritics.org]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 7, 2011 17:59

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 7, 2011 19:46

sweet things
He did Corrina with Mick, No Security tour, it's on STRIPPED:

Don't you mean "Babylon Tour" and "it's on No Security"?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 8, 2011 03:48

I remember the Stones in LA in late Sixties tremendously excited to hear that Taj Mahal was playing at the funky Ash Grove club that night. The band had just recently arrived but they changed all plans to see Taj.

Date: November 8, 2011 10:40

He was booked under the artist name "A. N. Other" for the Rock'n'roll Circus, due to the musicians union strike in England.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home