Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Best Dylan Album?
Date: November 8, 2011 05:23

its really impossible to pick a best dylan album...if you have a open ear you wouldn't do bad to start at the beginning and just listen to them all... seriously.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 8, 2011 06:41

true that.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 8, 2011 07:15

tatters
whitem8
Yeah, I get the reference, hence one of my fav albums is the Live Bootleg with that dolt on it yelling out Judas. I missed that show at the Palace, and it seems strange he played to such a big audience. How was the show. I saw him at Pine Knob with Petty, Medowbrook, Hill Auditorium and at the State. Then in DC he warmed up for The Grateful Dead, one of their last shows...

I think the Palace was only half full. Tickets were relatively cheap, considering it was Bob and Joni. Front row was only $45. Great show. Joni definitely had me under her spell. Bob was fantastic. Also saw him with Petty at the Garden in '86, at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor in '96, and, most recently, at Cobo in 2001.

That must have been one of the last shows at Cobo! That would have been really cool!! How was it? The show at the State was good, but he was also radically re-working the arrangements for his songs. I remember when he did Blowing in the Wind it took me a bit until I even recognized it...great though!

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 8, 2011 10:46

StonesTod
pagodapete
oh sorry for the inapt editing.

it's okay - it goes well with the poor spelling

Oh that's very nice of you... English is not my native language. But I guess you don't care for such a weak excuse. I hope to see you on my tagalog Faces webpage someday... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 8, 2011 11:23

whitem8
tatters
whitem8
Yeah, I get the reference, hence one of my fav albums is the Live Bootleg with that dolt on it yelling out Judas. I missed that show at the Palace, and it seems strange he played to such a big audience. How was the show. I saw him at Pine Knob with Petty, Medowbrook, Hill Auditorium and at the State. Then in DC he warmed up for The Grateful Dead, one of their last shows...

I think the Palace was only half full. Tickets were relatively cheap, considering it was Bob and Joni. Front row was only $45. Great show. Joni definitely had me under her spell. Bob was fantastic. Also saw him with Petty at the Garden in '86, at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor in '96, and, most recently, at Cobo in 2001.

That must have been one of the last shows at Cobo! That would have been really cool!! How was it? The show at the State was good, but he was also radically re-working the arrangements for his songs. I remember when he did Blowing in the Wind it took me a bit until I even recognized it...great though!

I guess it was the last time he played Cobo, but Cobo still exists and they still ocassionally have concerts there. I saw KISS at Cobo in 2009. My wife had been a fan of theirs since she was a kid, but had never gotten to see them before. I had never wanted to see them, but I probably enjoyed it even more than she did. LOL

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 8, 2011 11:52

its really impossible to pick a best dylan album...if you have a open ear you wouldn't do bad to start at the beginning and just listen to them all... seriously

thumbs up

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 8, 2011 11:53

'cept for we say AN open ear, right StonesTod?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

smileys with beer

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 8, 2011 13:17

tatters
whitem8
tatters
whitem8

I guess it was the last time he played Cobo, but Cobo still exists and they still ocassionally have concerts there. I saw KISS at Cobo in 2009. My wife had been a fan of theirs since she was a kid, but had never gotten to see them before. I had never wanted to see them, but I probably enjoyed it even more than she did. LOL

Really? I thought they shut Cobo down. I loved going to shows at Cobo, more so than Joe Louis... Shows you how much I know. I was downtown at Comerica Park for the first time last summer to see McCartney. It was great, but I admit I missed the funkyness of Tiger Stadium.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 8, 2011 13:53

I dare to pick one Dylan-album as his best, namely:

...it's not just Dylan's best album, it's the best rock-album ever made...IMHO as usual...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2011 14:13

MadMax
'cept for we say AN open ear, right StonesTod?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

smileys with beer

depends whether the other is open or not

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 8, 2011 17:41

not many mentions from the bootleg series. love bootleg's #5 and #8 as much as hwy 61 or infidels ect.

a suprisingly good, overlooked dylan album is dylan unplugged.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 8, 2011 17:58

Best: impossible to mention the best but my favorite: The Series of Dreams single with Seven Curses as the "b" side and a great cover.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2011 18:10

sundevil
not many mentions from the bootleg series. love bootleg's #5 and #8 as much as hwy 61 or infidels ect.

a suprisingly good, overlooked dylan album is dylan unplugged.

it was just "ok" - had he put out the stuff from the supper clubs the year before for unplugged as originally intended, then it would be been "super ok"

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home