Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT - Black Sabbath is back - updated with some photos etc. from today
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 4, 2011 19:40

Next Friday I'll be with the four original members of Black Sabbath as they make a special announcement - Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill

If technology allows (and it should) I will post here live from the event

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-12 02:48 by hbwriter.

Re: OT - Black Sabbath is back
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 4, 2011 19:45

Now you're starting to hang with the right people. Peter Gabriel was cool, too. Keep working your way up. You'll get there. Eyes on the prize.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 19:47 by tatters.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:09

Welcome back to the jungle hbwriter smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:10

Fantastic news. Cheers for the heads up

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:13

Date: November 4, 2011 20:26

here's the deal - 11/11 marks the anniv. of their first gig 41 years ago (in america) - so next friday - 11/11 at 11:11 am - we will meet the four men (I just interviewed ozzy two week ago about something else - this never came up)

anyway - like i said - i will feed some news here live at that time

Date: November 4, 2011 20:35

Zeppelin will never tour again. Deep Purple will never tour again with a lineup that means anything. Sabbath is really our only hope for one last apocalyptic heavy metal blow out.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:47

Saw the original band in -99, what a show!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 4, 2011 21:28

I've got the Blackmore blues, and missing a whole lotta Led. Sometimes life is so unfair. But I will certainly give Sabbath a chance.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 4, 2011 21:32

Wow, this is great @#$%& news. Of course, I'm taking this as a definite I'll finally get to see them live lol. Although I'm probably overstepping it now with nothing actually announced. But I'm very @#$%& excited.

Date: November 4, 2011 23:17

Posted this a couple weeks ago, but worth another look.

BLACK SABBATH GETS BACK TO WORK

10/24/2011

The original Black Sabbath lineup is indeed back in action. Guitarist Tony Iommi, who's priming for the November 1 publication of his memoir "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath," confirmed to the British magazine Terrorizer that the quartet -- which also includes frontman Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward -- has rehearsed and "played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We're all on good terms and we're at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it's the closest it's been to be able to do that. It could happen!" But Iommi also told the Planet Rock radio syndicate that, "We haven't announced anything yet, because nothing's definite. At the moment we're in talks about it. But what's going to happen with it, I don't know. There's no definite decision on anything at the moment, but at least it's going. We're talking, we're all talking to each other. We've met up, had a (rehearsal), and it was great. We're taking it steady, because these things have a tendency to backfire -- 'Oh, you said you were getting back together, but you haven't.' So I don't know. We'll have to see. It would be nice to think we could, and I think we would all like to do it, but it's a bit more involved than that." The lineup last toured as part of the 2005 OZZFest package and last played together at its 2006 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. Ozzy Osbourne is also busy promoting his new book, "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy," and preparing for the November 15 DVD and Blu-ray release of the documentary "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne," which was produced by his son Jack.

Date: November 5, 2011 02:24

it's gonna be fun I think - i can tell ya that in the times i've spoken with ozzy in the last year he is incredibly sharp, focused and "there"

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 02:29

Love this band, with Ozzy. First saw them in 1972 at Asbury Park NJ and have seem them every tour since, with Ozzy only.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 5, 2011 02:44

tatters
Zeppelin will never tour again. Deep Purple will never tour again with a lineup that means anything. Sabbath is really our only hope for one last apocalyptic heavy metal blow out.

I think your right.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 5, 2011 02:51

tatters

You forgot Jethro Tull!

: )

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 5, 2011 03:01

Glam Descendant
tatters

You forgot Jethro Tull!

There are no flutes and tights in heavy metal.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 03:30

That is hilarious Sicilian!

Yeah, Blak Sabbath in the day was the real deal for some balls out heavy metal crunching. Would be cool to see them reform and do something new... I saw Ozzy in the day with Blizzard and Oz with Randy Rhodes. Motorhead warmed up with Wendy O' Williams. Very good show!
Bring it on. Sabbath Vol. 5.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 04:06

toi bad ozzy sounds like crap these days.

Date: November 5, 2011 04:09

The Sicilian
Glam Descendant
tatters

You forgot Jethro Tull!

There are no flutes and tights in heavy metal.

Some of Aqualung comes close to being heavy metal, but Glam is referring to Tull's winning a grammy award in 1988 for Best Hard Rock And/Or Heavy Metal album. What was ridiculous about it wasn't so much that Jethro Tull was being labeled a Hard Rock And/Or Heavy Metal band, it was the fact that the album that won the award was the particularly subdued and not very hard rocking at all "Crest Of A Knave".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 21:46 by tatters.

Date: November 5, 2011 04:37

backstreetboy1
toi bad ozzy sounds like crap these days.
I can't really say one way or another, but literally every single person and critic I've heard in recent years says Ozzy sounds the best he's ever been.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 5, 2011 08:52

Not being a buzzkill, but nowhere does the OP state that there is a musical reunion happening. Perhaps it's a re-release announcement. Remember, Ozzy sued Iommi last year. Unless I HEAR it, it didn't happen.

Date: November 5, 2011 15:31

TheDailyBuzzherd
Not being a buzzkill, but nowhere does the OP state that there is a musical reunion happening. Perhaps it's a re-release announcement. Remember, Ozzy sued Iommi last year. Unless I HEAR it, it didn't happen.
Not doubting you, but if it were a re-releasement announcement, I think they'd squander rumors for the fans. By posting what they have on their website, it sets the bar pretty high and they must know that, so I think they're about ready to deliver. It would at least by a huge dick move if they didn't but the announcement that they are planning something at least AT THIS MOMENT seems fairly obvious.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 5, 2011 15:41

Toni Iommi is still really good.
Just give the last thing they did with Dio a spin. Great cd.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 5, 2011 17:19

RollingFreak
a huge dick move

That explain 95% of the rock "reunions" out there. In particular, the ones advertising the original band only to have the bassist appear, LoL.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2011 17:30

Not a great BS fan (love there Paranoid back then as 17 year old) but always great to hear/read your reviews hbwriter...thanks so far

Date: November 5, 2011 17:37

TheDailyBuzzherd
RollingFreak
a huge dick move

That explain 95% of the rock "reunions" out there. In particular, the ones advertising the original band only to have the bassist appear, LoL.
True. But do your research then if you care enough about the reunion. I wouldn't go to a reunion and then be surprised that the bassist is the only original. I would have known that if I cared enough about the reunion.

As of right now, who knows if this Black Sabbath thing falls through or not, but it seems safe to say that a reunion is the whats currently planned. Why wouldn't they say its not a reunion if thats not what it is? Tony Iommi was pretty clear last night on Eddie Trunk that he can't say anything but its what we expect.

Date: November 5, 2011 17:57

why would they put all four bodies in the place where they played their first american show on the date they played their first american show if there were not more american shows to follow? like i said - i'll update you all from inside the fray - i'm set up to speak with all four guys, too - so any insights will be passed along

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 5, 2011 18:22

Coincidence...

There's a new band, they're called Back Sabbath.
Back Sabbath is black.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 6, 2011 00:04

Keefers, Tony does Riffs.

Date: November 6, 2011 02:21

NICOS
Not a great BS fan (love there Paranoid back then as 17 year old) but always great to hear/read your reviews hbwriter...thanks so far

Thanks, Nicos - comment appreciated

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home