Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unreleased live album 1972
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:15

It's about time to get this out. I'm starving! Long live the 1972 tourhot smiley

Re: Unreleased live album 1972
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:35

Live album including some Stevie Wonder.
Accompanied DVD ..CS Blues film.

Date: August 31, 2017 19:42

Outtaces frome Ladies and gentlemen too! Ie. All down the line.

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:46

Yes this would be amazing!

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:48

You got my vote.

Date: August 31, 2017 20:10

It could be released as a live box with loades of outtaces from the whole tour. New York shows and more...tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 31, 2017 20:16

Maybe even some stuff from the far east leg of the tour. Hawaii,Australia and La '73

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 1, 2017 00:25

Me too please. Just the audio, fixed.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 1, 2017 10:11

S.T.P
Maybe even some stuff from the far east leg of the tour. Hawaii,Australia and La '73

Are you sure the concerts in LA and Hawaii 1973 have been recorded professionally?

We only know it from the concerts of the Tour of Europe later that year:

Rotterdam
Newcastle
London (at least one concert but probably all of them)
perhaps Frankfurt
Brussels

It would be a great idea to release a 1972/1973 live box... while the older fans are still alive...

Date: September 1, 2017 10:14

saltoftheearth
S.T.P

Are you sure the concerts in LA and Hawaii 1973 have been recorded professionally?

Rotterdam
Newcastle
perhaps Frankfurt
Brussels

It would be a great idea to release a 1972/1973 live box... while the older fans are still alive...

We need 1966 and 1967-shows as well thumbs up

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: September 1, 2017 11:49

S.T.P
It's about time to get this out. I'm starving! Long live the 1972 tourhot smiley

YES! PLEASE RELEASE!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 1, 2017 11:57

The full package with the Stevie Wonder disc would be nice.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: September 1, 2017 14:45

saltoftheearth

Rotterdam
Newcastle
perhaps Frankfurt
Brussels

To my knowlege only Perth and both Sidney show are listed and comfirmed to be recorded, but at the same time one could imagine that there were made some sort of recordings from every concert from '72 and onwards.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 1, 2017 18:33

It is odd that we don't have a live album from what is their most famous tour. And the inexplicably bad audio on even the Blu Ray version of Ladies and Gentleman, make me want one even more. I would especially like to hear a good live version of Rocks Off from that period.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: September 1, 2017 18:47

24FPS
It is odd that we don't have a live album from what is their most famous tour. And the inexplicably bad audio on even the Blu Ray version of Ladies and Gentleman, make me want one even more. I would especially like to hear a good live version of Rocks Off from that period.

The Ladies And Gentlemen soundtrack was released on cd in June

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 2, 2017 04:05

A cleaned up version of the 1972 Philadelphia shows would be aces!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 2, 2017 05:49

boogaloojef
24FPS

The Ladies And Gentlemen soundtrack was released on cd in June

Have you heard it? My Blu Ray is a slight improvement over the DVD. I really don't understand why they can't get the sound right. I heard it in quad at a midnight showing in the mid-70s and it was great.

Date: September 2, 2017 18:25

24FPS
Have you heard it? My Blu Ray is a slight improvement over the DVD. I really don't understand why they can't get the sound right. I heard it in quad at a midnight showing in the mid-70s and it was great.

I bet the original master have been all over the world since. Wierd that there were no other version saved in the vault for a future audio release after spending so much time with the overdubs, mixing and producing. Such a sad chapter in their recording history. Even Ya Yas has way better sound. Give us a decent '72 recording!!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 4, 2017 16:55

Deltics

If YCAGWYW was the cause of the Decca problem back in 1972, that should be solved by now as the song appeared four years later on Love You Live.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 4, 2017 17:07

doitywoik
Deltics

If YCAGWYW was the cause of the Decca problem back in 1972, that should be solved by now as the song appeared four years later on Love You Live.

ABCKO put an embargo on the Stones from releasing any new recordings of songs that they owned. I seem to recall it was for five years from the end of their contract in 1970 so by the time of Love You Live the embargo would have ceased.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: September 4, 2017 19:56

Deltics
doitywoik
Deltics

ABCKO put an embargo on the Stones from releasing any new recordings of songs that they owned. I seem to recall it was for five years from the end of their contract in 1970 so by the time of Love You Live the embargo would have ceased.

Yes, if they would have actually released the album it would have only been able to contain live versions of the songs from Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street because of the agreement when they left Abkco.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 5, 2017 10:46

boogaloojef
Deltics
doitywoik
Deltics

Yes, if they would have actually released the album it would have only been able to contain live versions of the songs from Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street because of the agreement when they left Abkco.
j

Which was something they should have never accepted.
I'm sure if the legal action had got to Courts stage, ABKCO would never have got away with that bit.
Perhaps that's why the Marquee 1971 gig never saw the light of day for so long.
As the late Prince would have said: 'Slave'.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:40

Did Mick and Keith duet on 'Happy' more than 1x on tour?

I would very much want more official RS releases 1972.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 6, 2017 00:40

We got it...
...enjoy it. Sounds good to me and from what I've heard, even the best boots from the tour, this is as good as it gets. The recordings were made from the same sound system so it's always gonna be limited to the original master tapes.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 00:43

shadooby
We got it...
...enjoy it. Sounds good to me and from what I've heard, even the best boots from the tour, this is as good as it gets. The recordings were made from the same sound system so it's always gonna be limited to the original master tapes.

I don't think they touched up the original master tapes since the 70's. A remix would make this soundtrack listenable for me but I really hate the mix. I like the Philly boots a lot better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home