Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Slash - Get Yer Ya Yas out
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 3, 2011 19:40

I just interviewed Slash about his new live record and we got to talking about other live records he liked as a kid - he was talking about how GYYYO was important to him because it was the first time he really got that live versions could be different than what was on the radio - the excitement to think that songs could be "opened up a little"

very cool guy - very cool Stones fan

Re: Slash - Get Yer Ya Yas out
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 3, 2011 19:47

when i think of slash, i think of sam the sheepdog (of sam and ralph fame)...always wondering how either of them can ever see a thing

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 3, 2011 19:53

Yeah, he mentions in his book that thats one of his favorites. Makes sense. IMO it was kind of the first real live rock record so its pretty significant. Still holds up too. I remember talking about the greatest live albums of all time with a friend and mentioned Get Yer Ya Yas. I showed him the CD and the first thing he said was "It's only 10 songs?! Thats not a real concert!" His opinion was quickly changed 40 minutes later.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 3, 2011 19:55

RollingFreak
His opinion was quickly changed 40 minutes later.

cos you beat the hell out of him?

Date: November 3, 2011 19:56

StonesTod
RollingFreak
His opinion was quickly changed 40 minutes later.

cos you beat the hell out of him?
Haha you could say that.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 3, 2011 20:05

hbwriter
I just interviewed Slash about his new live record and we got to talking about other live records he liked as a kid - he was talking about how GYYYO was important to him because it was the first time he really got that live versions could be different than what was on the radio - the excitement to think that songs could be "opened up a little"

Is there any way you can post this interview? Thanks.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2011 20:07

you rule HB...love to read that interview as well.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 3, 2011 20:28

Band of Gypsys was the first live album I loved. (It's still my favorite). But yeah, all the compositions on BOG were new. How odd, looking back. I can't think of another live album where all the tracks were new. I've heard studio versions of some of those songs and they're not as good as the live cuts. GYYYO blew my mind, it was so good, and probably the first time I heard, and liked, arrangement variations of well known songs.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: November 3, 2011 20:31

Neil Young's Time Fades Away is made up of new songs

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 3, 2011 20:36

Thanks HB

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 02:57

The MC5 first album was entirely "new" songs but I guess since its their debut album it doesn't count.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 4, 2011 03:09

24FPS
Band of Gypsys was the first live album I loved. (It's still my favorite).

That is a great album. I'm going to listen to it now.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: November 4, 2011 04:22

I believe Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps was all new songs. I don't think the concert was just those 9 tracks, but when they were released on that album they were all new.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 4, 2011 05:40

HB,

Please explain the process of setting up an interview. Who sets up the meeting, you or someone else? Is the call made to a manager or directly to the individual you hope to speak to? Are there time limits set, are there fees involved?

Say for instance, you want to interview Lee Michaels. How do you find him and if he has no manager at the time, how do you get in touch with him?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 05:57

The prime example of Slash's comment was the band's muscular guitar driven performance of SFTD.

Date: November 4, 2011 08:42

The Sicilian
HB,

Please explain the process of setting up an interview. Who sets up the meeting, you or someone else? Is the call made to a manager or directly to the individual you hope to speak to? Are there time limits set, are there fees involved?

Say for instance, you want to interview Lee Michaels. How do you find him and if he has no manager at the time, how do you get in touch with him?

S- it really varies - sometimes I pitch people - sometimes they come to me - typically there is a rep or pr person involved - sometimes there are time limits, sometimes even when there are, if an interview is going well, the artist ignores the time - no fees between journalist and artist, but I get paid by the companies that buy my stories

and if i want to find a more obscure, which has happened many a time - i just do research - i am a research hound

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 08:43 by hbwriter.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 4, 2011 10:29

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 4, 2011 14:45

Slash ain't real.

[www.southparkstudios.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 4, 2011 16:44

RollingFreak
I believe Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps was all new songs. I don't think the concert was just those 9 tracks, but when they were released on that album they were all new.

Live Rust?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 5, 2011 23:14

hbwriter

The Art of Shameless Self-Promotion

Date: November 6, 2011 00:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-06 01:00 by hbwriter.

Date: November 6, 2011 01:00

Cafaro
Thanks HB

no problem, Cafaro

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:07

hbwriter
-

You forgot your ad.

Date: November 6, 2011 01:11

misterfrias
hbwriter

Is there any way you can post this interview? Thanks.

Mrias - if you'd like, yes, I'll see that it's posted once published - thanks for the interest

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:12

Very good Chris,don't let the idiots drive you down...winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:23

hbwriter
-

Great response...........

Date: November 6, 2011 01:28

NICOS
hbwriter
-

Nicos - it was meant to be a quote response to Cafaro but misloaded - sorry for the confusion it obviously caused

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:30

hbwriter
NICOS
hbwriter
-

Nicos - it was meant to be a quote response to Cafaro but misloaded - sorry for the confusion it obviously caused

Oops............... I thought something else.....case closed I would say smoking smiley

Date: November 6, 2011 18:27

NICOS
hbwriter
NICOS
hbwriter
-

Oops............... I thought something else.....case closed I would say smoking smiley

yes smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 7, 2011 10:03

At the tender age of ten, this album turned me into a Stones fan for life. I still never get tired of it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home