Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Saw John Mayall tonight & met Mick Taylor! He said an interesting thing.....
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 31, 2011 14:02

I would love to see Mick T, Keith and Ronnie on a Stones tour. The sound would be incredible.

Re: Saw John Mayall tonight & met Mick Taylor! He said an interesting thing.....
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 31, 2011 17:05

There is some great footage of John Mayalls ex-wife talking about Marianne Faithful on You Tube yesterday. It's in a BBC Documentary. That woman looks very classy and strangely magical. My first look at her and I'm still thinking about it today. Powerful lady that Mrs. Mayall. Here is the clip. Some good early Stones (especially MJ) footage in there as well. . peace.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 31, 2011 17:32

That is so true... a lot of people here would ve called this as a dream a little dream thing.... and it happened.

I think the Stones are going to put all their chips in for this years anniversary and call it a career.

mickjagger1009
A few years ago, if I told you maybe someday Mick Taylor would basically cut a Stones track with Jagger (Plundered My Soul)... everyone would have laughed and told me to keep dreaming. No one would have believed it... but it happened. And lets face it, the guitar section today could use a boost. I am not counting on a Stones tour with Mick Taylor, or even a Stones tour at all, but Taylor joining the Stones on tour is no longer just a pipe dream either.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 1, 2011 04:16

Lightnin'
In London, at Cadogan Hall.
No, no other dates. MT just happened to be in town Saturday night.

OK, thanks for the info.
Still looking forward to his next tour...

Date: November 1, 2011 14:44

I fully agree Doxa.
thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2011 14:56

mickjagger1009
nocomment
71Tele
mickjagger1009
I am not counting on a Stones tour with Mick Taylor, or even a Stones tour at all, but Taylor joining the Stones on tour is no longer just a pipe dream either.

Yep.

For the first time ever, it makes some sense, given how this tour is shaping up,
as an acknowledged farewell. Hopefully it means Bill Wyman too, at least for
the Euro dates so he doesnt have to fly.

I think Wyman is more of a long shot than Taylor. I hope I am wrong, because I think Bill was as important as any Stone when it comes to their sound, but Taylor makes more sense. Bill doesn't have the drive to be in the Stones and does not want to travel. The Stones have a bass player they can live with.

The Stones need Taylor or some boost to their guitar section if they are to hit the road again. I think Jagger knows that (and Keith might even know it too). I don't have much interest in seeing the Stones again if its going to be like the end of the last tour, but if Taylor was joining them, I would be first in line for a ticket.

I think the biggest issue would be Taylor being able to stay healthy and keep up on the road... but he would be going first class and without back to back shows. What I could really see happening is Taylor going them for a set each night... The Stones doing their warhorses at the beginning and end of the show. In the middle, Jagger introducing Taylor to join them for a few numbers from that time period. Taylor would do the heavy lifting on the non-warhorses since Keith can't. Then Keith could coast through the rest of the warshorses with all the backing musicians. It would hide Keith's decreased skill set and make the Stones still look like stars musically overall in the show. For the show's encore, Taylor joins them for Brown Sugar. That is the kind of load that Mick Taylor could probably handle health wise and make it through the entire tour. This is how I see it playing out. Mark it down!

Not bad MJ1009...not bad at all.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: November 1, 2011 17:37

Naturalust
There is some great footage of John Mayalls ex-wife talking about Marianne Faithful on You Tube yesterday. It's in a BBC Documentary. That woman looks very classy and strangely magical. My first look at her and I'm still thinking about it today. Powerful lady that Mrs. Mayall. Here is the clip. Some good early Stones (especially MJ) footage in there as well. . peace.

That is from the "Dreaming my Dreams" documentary made in 1999, about five years after the biography with David Dalton (you see him featured in the docu) was published.
Pamela Mayall is also in the "Godfather of British Blues" documentary about John Mayall's life. Maybe you should look that one up too. There is one point when she describes how Mayall left her right after they adopted a child together. Interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-01 17:38 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 2, 2011 00:45

Lightnin'
Naturalust

That is from the "Dreaming my Dreams" documentary made in 1999, about five years after the biography with David Dalton (you see him featured in the docu) was published.
Pamela Mayall is also in the "Godfather of British Blues" documentary about John Mayall's life. Maybe you should look that one up too. There is one point when she describes how Mayall left her right after they adopted a child together. Interesting.

Thanks Lightnin. I Checked out the Godfather clip on youtube but unfortunately it was not complete (no part 2 etc.) and I missed the Pamela Mayallstuff. The Clapton stuff was cool. peace.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 2, 2011 05:15

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 02:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home