Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Bands & Singers That Play for at Least 2 1/2 Hours
Date: October 23, 2011 11:57

treaclefingers
mickboy33
Just saw Roger Daltrey. His show was 2-1/2 hours.

At some point were you thinking...enough already, I just want to take the bus home and go to bed?
LOL, I was just scrolling down to leave a similar post. I can not imagine Daltrey within the trappings of "The Who" staying interesting for that long; let alone solo. What does he do? Lisztomania?

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 17:48

BluzDude
ab
The five or so shows I saw from '06 to '10 were all right around 2 1/2 hours.

You must have hit all the special shows.

Example, the 4 shows in L.A. the last tour were all about 2 hours to 2 hours 10 minutes. comparing the set lists (which change each night), the amount of music they played was the same for a majority of their performances. I know there are certain cities and certain occasions where they will extend their set.

I believe those L.A. shows in 2009 were a bit longer. I have all the bootlegs and they are pretty much 2:20s, I know you were there, I'm just refering to the recording time on the bootlegs winking smiley. . .

PJ will probably average about 2:20 every night. As posted earlier they play longer at some shows. I was at Philly 4 in 2009 and they played 3:45-3:50; but that was a special show (also it was the longest show I had ever attended even longer than any of my 27 Dead shows back in the 80's-90's) . . .

This year they played 3:00 first night and 2:45 seond night at Alpine Valley (again special shows); Montreal was an average night and they play 2:15-2:20; First night Toronto was about 2:30-2:40 (it helps when Uncle Neil comes out and jams for 10 minuteseye popping smiley) and second night Toronto was about 2:20. Thats all the shows I went to this year . . .

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 23, 2011 18:48

Strange as it sounds, I've seen Brian Wilson do 2 1/2 hours shows. That's a LOT of songs when you consider most Beach Boy songs are about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. However, when he does one of his albums in full, he'll also do most, if not all of his hits that weren't on the particular album he performed after he's done the album. For example, he's toured doing Pet Sounds in its entirety, he's done Smile, and now he's doing his Gershwin album in full.

Slight digression here- I last saw Wilson about two months ago or so. Sat in the row in front of his wife. He has started to cede some of the lead vocals to other band members, in particular Jeffrey Foskett, who has mimicked the falsettos for years now. When I saw Wilson in 2000, he did the lead on Don't Worry Baby in his own normal, non-falsetto voice. This summer, Foskett did the lead, including the falsetto. Wilson just sat there and did back up vocals instead. Same for Wouldn't It Be Nice, which really wasn't a falsetto song. Sail On Sailor, which I've seen Wilson sing many times, was done by another keyboardist (Blondie Chaplin being nowhere around). Wilson's wife just shrugged when we asked why Brian wasn't singing those songs. But hey, it did last 2 1/2 hours.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 23, 2011 18:53

Hank III goes for close to 3 Hours.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 23, 2011 18:57

Long John Stoner
Strange as it sounds, I've seen Brian Wilson do 2 1/2 hours shows. That's a LOT of songs when you consider most Beach Boy songs are about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.

How many songs? Cliff & The Shadows did 42 complete songs on their 2009 tour.

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: October 26, 2011 12:55

The Cure play very often more than 2 1/2 hours shows.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: October 26, 2011 13:46

I'm sure the Paul Simon show I saw in 2000 was 2 3/4.
-

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2011 15:05

Steve Earle & The Dukes seem to be playing around 2 and a half hours on their current tour. Usually around 32-33 songs.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:55

The Cure played well over 2 hours when I saw them. It was by far the most moving show I have ever seen because of the way Robert Smith put his heart and soul into it, and the way he was performing for the fans close to him. I was up high, watching it with binoculars, but I was still entranced.

Guns 'n' Roses a few years ago did a super-long show; so long in fact, that I left early. But as usual, they started at least an hour late. The light show was amazing - indoor fireworks.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 14:41

What about Metallica? I know they used to play long sets. Probably not as much so these days.....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home