Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who was Brian Jones' true love?
Posted by: Ross98 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 22:45

I mean, the girl he loved more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 01:57 by Ross98.

Re: Why people think Anita Pallenberg was Brian Jones' great love?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 16, 2011 22:59

Welcome, Ross98 !

Re: Why people think Anita Pallenberg was Brian Jones' great love?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 17, 2011 01:58

Welcome to the board Ross.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Who was Brian Jones' true love?
Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:00

Rosey Palm

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 17, 2011 10:05

Considering that Brian used to beat the crap out of Anita, I doubt he was really capable of loving her.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 17, 2011 10:24

The Blues

2 1 2 0

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: October 17, 2011 12:18

Bliss
Considering that Brian used to beat the crap out of Anita, I doubt he was really capable of loving her.
They had a weird relationship (alcohol and drugs tend to bring out the worst in people) and the violence went both ways. But I don't doubt that there was love.

Even though Brian's father claim to believe that Brian's true love was Anita I doubt it. So who was it? My guess is Linda Lawrence. She came into his life before he got hooked on alcohol and drugs. Being an addict screwed him up even more emotionally and after that he think he was looking more for comfort than love.

On the hand Come On has a very good point. Brian's true love that we all know of was music and most of it all - the blues.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 17, 2011 13:57

Anita. And thats what killed him in 1967. What you see in 1967-1969 is the ghost of Brian Jones. A giveaway is how he clammed up and tried real hard to pretend he didnt care after the failed attempts at getting her back.
Also the reason he increased his druguse to a maximum, tried to commit suicide and why he couldnt be in the studio if Anita was there. Dont understand how anyone could miss that. His father at least understood that much. Brian probably told him how he felt about the whole thing.

Replacing her with Suki and others is typical. Facing reality would have meant he had to quit the band or fight Keith. Im 100% sure Keith had a ball "stealing" Brians girl. Who wouldnt. A very strong move in the hierarchy without the help of ALO:s orchestra. A defining moment in Keiths life and his independence as well as the band. The second defining moment for him is when Jagger sleeps with Anita in 1968 and the third when Brian dies. Had Keith not been a heroin addict by then, Jagger would have gone solo in 1970 with Brown Sugar as his first hit record.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: October 18, 2011 02:11

tonterapi
Bliss
They had a weird relationship (alcohol and drugs tend to bring out the worst in people) and the violence went both ways. But I don't doubt that there was love.

Even though Brian's father claim to believe that Brian's true love was Anita I doubt it. So who was it? My guess is Linda Lawrence. She came into his life before he got hooked on alcohol and drugs. Being an addict screwed him up even more emotionally and after that he think he was looking more for comfort than love.

On the hand Come On has a very good point. Brian's true love that we all know of was music and most of it all - the blues.

thumbs up Agreed.

According to Recording Engineer Phil Brown who worked on the Beggar's Banquet sessions Brian took Anita's presence in the recording studio "extremely well".
It has never been said or proven that Brian tried to commit suicide over Anita. Christopher Gibb has said that anyone who attributed all of Brian's happiness to Anita doesn't know anything about it. He said this after hearing about what Brian's father had said.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 02:20

Redhotcarpet
Anita. And thats what killed him in 1967. What you see in 1967-1969 is the ghost of Brian Jones. A giveaway is how he clammed up and tried real hard to pretend he didnt care after the failed attempts at getting her back.
Also the reason he increased his druguse to a maximum, tried to commit suicide and why he couldnt be in the studio if Anita was there. Dont understand how anyone could miss that. His father at least understood that much. Brian probably told him how he felt about the whole thing.

Replacing her with Suki and others is typical.quote]

I agree. He had an abusive nature without drugs and alcohol. When someone like that is locked into a passionate love affair, its about extremes. Passionate love can be the most toxic love. You hurt the one you love most....and the one you love most, hurts you, consumes you...strips you.
That's always been obvious to me about Brian and Anita.
Brian's behavior afterwards, the drug use intensifying, the lack of motivation even for music, the rebound relationship - its text book.
Plus, Suki is Anita with dark hair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-18 02:23 by stupidguy2.

Date: October 18, 2011 02:34

stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

I agree. He had an abusive nature without drugs and alcohol. When someone like that is locked into a passionate love affair, its about extremes. Passionate love can be the most toxic love. You hurt the one you love most....and the one you love most, hurts you, consumes you...strips you.
Brian's behavior afterwards, the drug use intensifying, the lack of motivation even for music, the rebound relationship - its
text book.

Yep, he was abusive. But what are you basing the rest on? What sources?

Date: October 18, 2011 02:38

Marie
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

Brian's behavior afterwards, the drug use intensifying, the lack of motivation even for music, the rebound relationship - its
text book.

These are opinions, theories. None of us know anything outside what we've read. Just a guess. That's all we can do.

Date: October 18, 2011 02:50

stupidguy2
Marie
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

text book.

These are opinions, theories. None of us know anything outside what we've read. Just a guess. That's all we can do.

Yes, very true. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The court ordered psychological report on Brian (1967) is available for anyone to read in Hotchner's Blown Away and Aftel's The Death of a Rolling Stone. Brian had problems that, contrary to popular belief, had nothing to do with Anita. Brian knew Suki before he and Anita split. She dated Tara Browne and ran in the same circles.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2011 03:17

Brian Jones

Posted by: courtfieldroad ()
Date: October 18, 2011 05:56

The blues and drinking smiley

Date: October 18, 2011 12:39

stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

Brian's behavior afterwards, the drug use intensifying, the lack of motivation even for music, the rebound relationship - its text book.

It is text book. And it sounds like typical Brian pretending or trying to pretend he didnt care. But laughing or smiling and taking handfuls of downers with booze and pot isnt the same as not being affected. Quite the opposite.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-18 12:40 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2011 13:04

..................................................... This slidin' cat ..... Mr Elmore James

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 18, 2011 15:41

Redhotcarpet

Replacing her with Suki and others is typical. Facing reality would have meant he had to quit the band or fight Keith. Im 100% sure Keith had a ball "stealing" Brians girl. Who wouldnt. A very strong move in the hierarchy without the help of ALO:s orchestra. A defining moment in Keiths life and his independence as well as the band. The second defining moment for him is when Jagger sleeps with Anita in 1968 and the third when Brian dies. Had Keith not been a heroin addict by then, Jagger would have gone solo in 1970 with Brown Sugar as his first hit record.

look at Brian's life, he was self absorbed, and unable to be in a band for very long, any band. he could not deal with responsibility. he could definitely not deal with a strong woman like Anita Pallenberg.

as for the leap to Jagger going solo with Brown Sugar because Brian died and if Keith had not become addicted, hmmm ....interesting theory

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 19:38

only one who truly knows is brian

Date: October 18, 2011 22:34

Redhotcarpet
Anita. And thats what killed him in 1967. What you see in 1967-1969 is the ghost of Brian Jones.
Loosing Anita sure didn't make Brian a happy cat but I'm pretty convinced, after all I've read, that Brian was more upset that she ended up with Keith than loosing her.

Date: October 19, 2011 00:27

Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

It is text book. And it sounds like typical Brian pretending or trying to pretend he didnt care. But laughing or smiling and taking handfuls of downers with booze and pot isnt the same as not being affected. Quite the opposite.

Your opinions and you are entitled to have them, but Brian had other problems other than Anita. Blaming the break up with Anita as the reason why he hit the skids is romantic, but it is too easy.....

Date: October 19, 2011 01:01

Marie
Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

Your opinions and you are entitled to have them, but Brian had other problems other than Anita. Blaming the break up with Anita as the reason why he hit the skids is romantic, but it is too easy.....

True, but its also human. SOmetimes we forget these guys can be as vulnerable to a relationship as anyone else. Brian also had other issues, granted. But love, compulsion or whatever you want to call it, can do a number on even the most formidable of us.
What can I say, I'm a romantic, and a realist...sure, its romantic, but it also makes sense.
But that's just my opinion. I also think Jagger showed these same manifestations during his divorce: the drugs, the rebound relationship, the seemingly manic sexual conquests, the affected nonchalance about it all, the nastiness....
But I won't swear to it in court. It's all just guessing on my part, that's part of the drama of the Stones epic.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-19 01:06 by stupidguy2.

Date: October 19, 2011 01:12

stupidguy2
Marie
Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

True, but its also human. SOmetimes we forget these guys can be as vulnerable to a relationship as anyone else. Brian also had other issues, granted. But love, compulsion or whatever you want to call it, can do a number on even the most formidable of us.
What can I say, I'm a romantic, and a realist...sure, its romantic, but it also makes sense.
But that's just my opinion. I also think Jagger showed these same manifestations during his divorce: the drugs, the rebound relationship, the seemingly manic sexual conquests....
But I won't swear to it in court. It's all just guessing on my part, that's part of the drama of the Stones epic.[/quote

Brian had manic sexual conquests before, during, and after Anita. smiling smiley Who knows who he loved. I'll go with the blues, drinking, and Elmore James...but not necessarily in that order.

Date: October 19, 2011 01:26

Marie
stupidguy2
Marie
Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

But that's just my opinion. I also think Jagger showed these same manifestations during his divorce: the drugs, the rebound relationship, the seemingly manic sexual conquests....
But I won't swear to it in court. It's all just guessing on my part, that's part of the drama of the Stones epic.[/quote

Brian had manic sexual conquests before, during, and after Anita. smiling smiley Who knows who he loved. I'll go with the blues, drinking, and Elmore James...but not necessarily in that order.

But that's no fun Marie! There has to be a woman in there somewhere!
Just kidding.....maybe Brian really was the ultimate victim of the Stones' ultimate survival.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:15

most of us guys live by a code: you dont mess with your friends girlfriend or wife...ever.even if they've been broken up for ten years you dont go there.

no matter how bad things are between them and even if you think your buddies in the wrong, you stay the f/ck out of it.

this is one of keiths" band unity" moves. he always thinks of the stones first-just like when he almost destroyed the rolling stones by letting drugs take over his life and getting caught moving heroin across an international border.

but lord dont let someone put out a solo album,thats a "betrayal"

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: October 21, 2011 14:44

anita, and i don't blame him

Date: October 22, 2011 16:06

lem motlow
most of us guys live by a code: you dont mess with your friends girlfriend or wife...ever.even if they've been broken up for ten years you dont go there.

no matter how bad things are between them and even if you think your buddies in the wrong, you stay the f/ck out of it.

this is one of keiths" band unity" moves. he always thinks of the stones first-just like when he almost destroyed the rolling stones by letting drugs take over his life and getting caught moving heroin across an international border.

but lord dont let someone put out a solo album,thats a "betrayal"

Agree with this post.

Date: October 22, 2011 16:10

Marie
Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

I dont think its too easy at all. Brian stopped talking and gave up everything after Anita went with Keith. The whole thing sounds like the worst possible nightmare ever. Think about it. If he was sensitive about his position within the band before? Of course this finished him off. Didnt Mick or someone else even put it like that.

Date: October 22, 2011 22:09

Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
stupidguy2
Redhotcarpet

I dont think its too easy at all. Brian stopped talking and gave up everything after Anita went with Keith. The whole thing sounds like the worst possible nightmare ever. Think about it. If he was sensitive about his position within the band before? Of course this finished him off. Didnt Mick or someone else even put it like that.

Mick said the police hounding him and the drug busts finished him off. Like I said before you are entitled to your opinions, but they are just that, opinions.

Date: October 22, 2011 23:49

Redhotcarpet
Most records say that Brian was "finished off" with the second bust in may 68. After that he became very depressed, paranoid and totally lost interest in being a Stone.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home