Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Besides the music, are Stones a religion, philosophy, way of life?
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 12, 2011 22:18

At the time from about 17 to about 25, their lifestyle was an inspiration to me. It got me to London, to Morocco, and to exploring some deviant options.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 13, 2011 00:44

when i see people painting the ceiling i feel the blues!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 13, 2011 06:52

They were a way of life in my late teens and 20's. But in my 50's, they're a significant hobby. Sooner or later, adulthood takes over.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: October 13, 2011 07:16

Send It To me
Apart from a deep connection to the music, how would you characterize your obsession / devotion to this band? What does it mean to you?

It's pure theater to me. They simply bring me joy. It's every bit as much about the performance as it is about the music. It's also about aging. Love to see anyone fighting the good fight. They are inspirational in that they refuse to quit. Of course they have been gifted and are just honoring their gift. Are they human? You bet they are, but so what, we all are.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:40

stonescrow
Send It To me
Apart from a deep connection to the music, how would you characterize your obsession / devotion to this band? What does it mean to you?

It's pure theater to me. They simply bring me joy. It's every bit as much about the performance as it is about the music. It's also about aging. Love to see anyone fighting the good fight. They are inspirational in that they refuse to quit. Of course they have been gifted and are just honoring their gift. Are they human? You bet they are, but so what, we all are.

stonescrow, I couldn't have put it better, so I won't try. Not a religion, a philosophy or a way of life - just old friends that it's always a joy to see and hear from again.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:50

come on, c o l o n i a l ...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:56

My wife said it best the other day when she commented that most everything she sees is somehow related to The Stones. I replied that's why they rule!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:00

As far as the music goes, the Stones were/are the soundtrack to my life from my early teens onward. It made the good times better, and helped get me through the bad times. Right now, their music mainly functions as a link to my past. When I listen to their early stuff, it instantly transports me back to my golden youth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-15 09:34 by Bliss.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 13, 2011 17:06

Send It To me
how would you characterize your obsession

Total madness and I love it smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 18:34

"Besides the music, are Stones a religion, philosophy, way of life?" A question worthy of the ueber fan colonial. I love the Rolling Stones music along with many other bands. For me though it would a sad state of affairs if my life was dependent on the actions of a small group of men who were not even aware of my existence or wouldn't give me much thought if they were. I just assume be the master of my own destiny, which is why I would answer 'no' to this question.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 15, 2011 02:42

The Stones are not like a religion to me but one thing I can say is no matter how down I am feeling I can put them on and hear those razor sharp guitar licks and Mick's snarling vocals and I instantly perk up. They always make me feel better when I hear them.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 15, 2011 02:47

High noon in Düsseldorf this sunday watching Live In Texas...

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 15, 2011 03:03

guitarbastard
when i see people painting the ceiling i feel the blues!

Excellent! I love it! >grinning smiley<smileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 15, 2011 03:17

slew
The Stones are not like a religion to me but one thing I can say is no matter how down I am feeling I can put them on and hear those razor sharp guitar licks and Mick's snarling vocals and I instantly perk up. They always make me feel better when I hear them.

esp when I am "out in the world",
when I didnt put them on, it is so sweet.
Hearing my Stones always cure the blues.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home