Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Europe tour 1976. No gigs in Scandinavia, why?
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 10, 2011 12:29

We are the original "War by Proxys"-founders.

That's smooth....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 10, 2011 13:12

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 14:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hugo Montgomery ()
Date: October 10, 2011 14:24

Typical "little brother complex" if you ask me! :-) I had finnish people around me all my life and they always HAVE to tell us swede how much better they are on everthing. But nothing can take awy the fact that you were heroic during WW2.

Have a nice day!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 10, 2011 14:27

Bärs
Sweden contributed with 10 000 voluteers, lot of ammo and guns, massive humanitarian aid and moral support, but had to watch out for the germans in south and west. Let us not forget that.

Well, Sweden didnt send anyone but there were many Swedish volunteers who fought Stalin/Russia/Russians for different reasons. But yes, many brave volunteers. I like to believe Lordi would have kicked ass. Any war, anytime in history - send in Lordi and you win. Simple as that.

Date: October 10, 2011 14:41

Bärs
Sweden contributed with 10 000 voluteers, lot of ammo and guns, massive humanitarian aid and moral support, but had to watch out for the germans in south and west. Let us not forget that.

The swedish king sent several letters to @#$%&, advising him on what to do with the norwegian royal family. The norwegian king Haakon took this as an attempt to replace his kingdom with a swede smiling smiley

Not a very well known story until now, I believe.

[www.dagbladet.no]

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: October 10, 2011 14:48

Redhotcarpet
Bärs

Well, Sweden didnt send anyone but there were many Swedish volunteers who fought Stalin/Russia/Russians for different reasons. But yes, many brave volunteers...

Well, like I wrote...

Date: October 10, 2011 14:56

DandelionPowderman
Bärs

The swedish king sent several letters to @#$%&, advising him on what to do with the norwegian royal family. The norwegian king Haakon took this as an attempt to replace his kingdom with a swede smiling smiley

Not a very well known story until now, I believe.

[www.dagbladet.no]

That would have been quite rude.

Date: October 10, 2011 16:52

Hugo Montgomery
Typical "little brother complex" if you ask me! :-) I had finnish people around me all my life and they always HAVE to tell us swede how much better they are on everthing. But nothing can take awy the fact that you were heroic during WW2.

Have a nice day!

Well today its us Swedes who praise Finland. Education, school, business, defence, the EU, Finland's nuc.plants etc etc.
And we are busy pretending Saab is a company.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 10, 2011 17:32

Can we return to the original subject, please! The geographical discourse was just a side track. (I'm sorry, I'm the one who got it started. I should have known better!)

Date: October 10, 2011 17:33

Of the scandinavian countries it's the norwegians who should complain. Why no tours in the 25 years gap between 1965 and 1990???

Date: October 10, 2011 18:35

So, is Finland included in the category Scandinavian countries or not?

Date: October 10, 2011 20:34

Sorry Bärs, youre not. Neither is Doxa. You are both "Finländare". Nothing wrong with that.

OnT: Keith was scared the putkinotko-Finns would pull their blades. Hence no concerts in Finland or Sweden in 1976.

Date: October 10, 2011 21:06

Redhotcarpet
Sorry Bärs, youre not. Neither is Doxa. You are both "Finländare". Nothing wrong with that.

Well,my post was actually a joke. Since no consensus has been reached I decided to restart the discussion.

However, I am a scandinavian since swedish is my mother tounge. Also the Estonian swedes are scandinavians. During the viking and early middle ages scandivavians settled from Greenland/Iceland in the west to Finland/Estonia in the east.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home