Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: new/old dylan track released
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 9, 2011 15:45

not sure if this has been posted elsewhere...

Don't Ever Take Yourself Away - an outtake recorded in 1981 and commonly available on the bootleg, Between Saved & Shot of Love...just been remastered and released on the new Hawaii-Five-O soundtrack compilation...a pretty lame track...for completists...but, still....

Re: OT: new/old dylan track released
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2011 15:50

That's new to me
Even though I'm familiar with the "Between Saved And Shot" bootleg, I can't remember what that song sounds like - which probably says something on how forgettable that track is. Or maybe I haven't paid too much attention. Wonder what the next Bootleg series installment will be like, btw - it's time for a new one soon.

Date: October 9, 2011 15:54

Erik_Snow
That's new to me
Even though I'm familiar with the "Between Saved And Shot" bootleg, I can't remember what that song sounds like - which probably says something on how forgettable that track is. Or maybe I haven't paid too much attention. Wonder what the next Bootleg series installment will be like, btw - it's time for a new one soon.

think calypso-style...and then try to not think about it anymore...

still hoping against hope for a swell show from european or american '78 legs for next installment...

Date: October 9, 2011 16:09

That would be my choice as well; especially Blackbushe 1978 - which also was recorded professionally

Date: October 9, 2011 16:10

i think the whole tour essentially was

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:22

Erik_Snow
That would be my choice as well; especially Blackbushe 1978 - which also was recorded professionally

+1 - stunning show; I was there.

And although the circulating audience tape is great, I certainly would not say "no" to a professional recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 16:22 by retired_dog.

Date: October 9, 2011 21:22

retired_dog
Erik_Snow

And although the circulating audience tape is great, I certainly would not say "no" to a professional recording.

So you attended that one? Hope you had a decent view and sound....such an enormous audience.
Yes the circulating recording(s) are pretty good, luckily for us. Still, an upgrade would of course be welcome, that's for sure

Some worth reading reviews and photos of Blackbushe 1978 here [www.ukrockfestivals.com] , but maybe you have seen them allready

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 9, 2011 21:59

Erik_Snow
Hi Erik,as you already know I was there,you kindly made a recording of the show available to me,I was as were most people way back from the stage,so it was nice to get a more audible account of that show.
Yes an official version would be very nice to have in my collection.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 9, 2011 23:36

Erik_Snow
retired_dog
Erik_Snow

So you attended that one? Hope you had a decent view and sound....such an enormous audience.
Yes the circulating recording(s) are pretty good, luckily for us. Still, an upgrade would of course be welcome, that's for sure

Some worth reading reviews and photos of Blackbushe 1978 here [www.ukrockfestivals.com] , but maybe you have seen them allready

The view was great...me and my friends arrived pretty early, and we ended up somewhere between (imaginary) rows 15-20 as far as I can remember - not exactly front row, of course, but still (very much) in the front section. The sound was not absolutely great (maybe a bit metallic and boomey) but still very good - it was an open field, and the sound quality obviously varied depending on where you were located. The recording(s) capture my recollections of the sound and mix very good.

Ands thank for mentioning [www.ukrockfestivals.com], of course I have been there already!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 10, 2011 23:11

New recording: "The Love That Faded":

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home