Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: OT - 2011-2012 NHL Hockey
Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: April 9, 2012 05:56

Stoneage
After 1230 qualification matches it's now time for The Stanley Cup. And nobody seems to care ... My favourite NHL team Toronto Maple Leafs is already out, of course. Two of my favourite players used to play for them: Börje Salming and Mats Sundin. Here is a picture of how their fans dealt with this year's elimination:

seems like the leafs are forever trying to rebuild.. hope they finally get it together.. lived in toronto area for around four years on and off. poor leafs never quite good enough. i'm in oz now but miss wednesday night hockey, and the trailer park boys... GO LEAFS GO

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2012 11:10

Stoneage
After 1230 qualification matches it's now time for The Stanley Cup. And nobody seems to care ... My favourite NHL team Toronto Maple Leafs is already out, of course.

I care but only because now it is known who are the potential players to pick up to the world championships games that will played in Finland this year. We could have for example Selänne and Koivu brothers, Tuomo Ruutu, Olli Jokinen, Miikka Kiprusoff (even the last two mentioned are very unlikely since they are not interested any longer). I'd love to see especially the legendary Saku Koivu and Teemu Selänne tandem playing once more for their national team.

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 13, 2012 08:12

Springtime for the NHL. At last it is time for the semifinals. A New York derby between New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils on one side and a series between Phoenix Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings on the other. This time I will root for the Coyotes. A classic hockey team and Phoenix is such a natural habitat for winter sports with its long, cold, snowy winters. Go Coyotes! I hope to see them win the Stanley Cup this summer. The town deserves it for putting up with those long, dark winterdays!

Date: May 13, 2012 08:13

boynamedsue69
Stoneage
After 1230 qualification matches it's now time for The Stanley Cup. And nobody seems to care ... My favourite NHL team Toronto Maple Leafs is already out, of course. Two of my favourite players used to play for them: Börje Salming and Mats Sundin. Here is a picture of how their fans dealt with this year's elimination:

seems like the leafs are forever trying to rebuild.. hope they finally get it together.. lived in toronto area for around four years on and off. poor leafs never quite good enough. i'm in oz now but miss wednesday night hockey, and the trailer park boys... GO LEAFS GO

Looks like they found some old time Saints fans...

Date: May 17, 2012 08:08

The battle of Hudson River goes on. So far it's a tie, 1-1 in matches. No New Yorkers on this blogg? Or are you all queuing up for SNL this weekend?
My deserteam however is trailing 0-2 in matches against the Kings.

Ps. This was my 2000th post on this forum. Isn't that something? Now, where do I collect my obligatory fan club DVD, BV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 08:22 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:17

Mick explaining in ESQUIRE why he never follows hockey: "I can never see the God damned puck!"

Date: May 31, 2012 23:16

Well, it's June and time for the Stanley Cup finals. LA Kings won the first battle away against New Jersey Devils with 2-1.
Last goal on extra time by Anze Kopitar. So, who do you think will be this summer's Stanley Cup winners? The Kings or the Devils?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 31, 2012 23:28

Tough loss for The Devils. After they tied it up they clearly outplayed The Kings but that doesn't always guarantee a victory. Maybe Brodeur stops that score earlier in his career but at 40 years old it's tough.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-31 23:34 by FrankM.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 31, 2012 23:29

Just a Star-Portrait of Mats Sundin

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 00:17

The way LA is playing it's hard to bet against them. First time in several years that an 8th place team (LA) beat the top three teams in the conference: Vancouver, St. Louis and Phoenix.
Now that the Lakers and Clippers are out of the NBA Playoffs, this will give alot more exposure to the Kings in LA than they're used to getting.

Date: June 1, 2012 00:29

LA was favored before the series started but don't count The Devils out yet. The Devils seem to start every series in slow motion and then get better as the series goes on. At the very least we didn't lose to the bumbling Rangers.

It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: June 1, 2012 04:49

Hopefully LA will be the first California team to win the Cup.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2012 07:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

Date: June 1, 2012 17:57

BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

Like I said, LA will be the first Califnornia team to win the Cup.

The Ducks? The DUCKS? That's Disney, breh. Like ESPN, it doesn't COUNT.

Date: June 1, 2012 21:29

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

I don't know what's more California than Disneylandconfused smiley

Date: June 2, 2012 09:06

BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

I've never been but Disneyland doesn't even enter my mind about California. That's weak at the weakest there.

Date: June 2, 2012 09:16

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

I've never been but Disneyland doesn't even enter my mind about California. That's weak at the weakest there.

So, what's your point? Or do you even know?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2012 17:01

BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

The only point Skipstone has is on top of his head. Ignore him BD. He's just being an ass like usual.

Date: June 2, 2012 19:17

BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

I stated it. Can't be any clearer. Sweetcharmed is just mad that the Sharks failed again.

Date: June 2, 2012 20:50

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

I stated it. Can't be any clearer. Sweetcharmed is just mad that the Sharks failed again.

Look it, WLTPTB, I'm a Kings fan, but I just want to know why you think just because a team was owned by Disney disqualifies them as a California team?

Date: June 3, 2012 04:46

This is the most boring Stanley Cup Finals ever. Boring boring boring hockey being played. Wow. Both teams are pathetic.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 3, 2012 05:20

New Jersey against LA - Yawn. Great for fans of those teams but not much interst outside of those areas!

Date: June 3, 2012 22:25

slew
New Jersey against LA - Yawn. Great for fans of those teams but not much interst outside of those areas!

Well I hate to break the news to you but hockey isn't very popular at all here in the U.S. no matter what teams are playing.

In regards to the cup no team from Southern California has any business winning the cup. A surfing competition maybe but not the Stanley Cup.

Date: June 3, 2012 23:03

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
BluzDude
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The Ducks won it in 2007

Look it, WLTPTB, I'm a Kings fan, but I just want to know why you think just because a team was owned by Disney disqualifies them as a California team?

Not only disqualfies them as a California team for me but as a team period! It's Disney! Who owns ESPN, who has gone off the cliff of relevance, especially this year. I know the Ducks are no longer owned by Disney but in the overall face of the sport, as well as the sporting world, it's just wrong. It's disgusting. DUCKS? What a horrible name. Named after a movie. That's just silly stupid.

I think it blows that the Kings won't be the first California team to win a Cup. Sure, it would have been nice if the California Seals could have won a Cup, and of course in a really really thin way they did, as the Dallas Stars, at least in theory, even though the old owners 'got' another team, the Sharks. But the next chance was the 1993 LA Kings.
Just shut the @#$%& up for once would you skippy!

You crack me up!

Date: June 4, 2012 02:35

Another extra time win to The Kings. Surely, The Devils are done. Since I know the real hockey interest in North America is in Canada and northern USA I have always wondered what they think about teams close to the equator winning the Stanley Cup. I mean if you think of Florida, Arizona or California: the first thing that pops up in your head isn't exactly ice-hockey, is it?

Date: June 4, 2012 22:11

As much as it pains me to admit you are probably right. The first two games really could have gone either way but now that The Devils are down 2-0 it will be nearly impossible for them to win four of the next five with most of them on the road.

I'm not a die hard hockey fan and don't really follow the regular season a lot so I don't know what to make of The Kings. I don't know if they are an eight seed that is playing over their heads or if they were the eight seed because of injuries during the regular season.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 4, 2012 22:38

Stoneage
Well, it's June and time for the Stanley Cup finals.

It's June and it is 82F/28C outside. Why are they still playing a wintersport?

Date: June 5, 2012 01:07

Koen
Stoneage

Da money, Koen. Da money! I used to argue with Andrew M about this but I probably got the better of him (or just pissed him off) since he is not writing here anymore.

Date: June 5, 2012 05:40

Stoneage
Another extra time win to The Kings. Surely, The Devils are done. Since I know the real hockey interest in North America is in Canada and northern USA I have always wondered what they think about teams close to the equator winning the Stanley Cup. I mean if you think of Florida, Arizona or California: the first thing that pops up in your head isn't exactly ice-hockey, is it?

You are right.

With one exception - retired Canadiens! They make up a rather large quota of NHL fans in those latitudes, er Florida and possibly Arizona. California, well, that, ehhhh, I dunno... it's just kind of there and happens to have 3 teams for some reason.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 5, 2012 06:35

Stoneage
Koen
Stoneage

Da money, Koen. Da money! I used to argue with Andrew M about this but I probably got the better of him (or just pissed him off) since he is not writing here anymore.

Got the better of me? You relentlessly beat the subject to death and I grew tired of it. But if you choose to see that as getting the better of me, fill your boots.

Ahh, I see what you did there-you got a reaction. Well played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-05 07:45 by andrewm.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home