Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie: "We had a great meeting..."
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:33

Sorry. The moral of this story is: don't post when you've just read an article in a hurry. The old headline reflected exactly what I THOUGHT I read. Next time I'll watch out for those sneaky full stops.

Headline changed to a more accurate version.

[www.birminghammail.net]

Guitar hero Ronnie Wood in Birmingham to show off paintings

ROCK legend Ronnie Wood paid a whistle-stop visit to Birmingham to publicise his paintings – and said the Stones owed their fans a reunion tour.

The guitarist, a highly talented artist whose paintings routinely sell from around £800 upwards, was at the city’s Washington Green Fine Art offices to launch his latest work, including on stage reproductions of the Stones in concert.

Next year marks the 50th anniversary of their first concert and he told the Mail: “It does make you feel like playing; I miss playing with the boys... Charlie is cracking away on the continent with his jazz band, Keith is making his record in New York, Mick is like, forever, getting into different musical... we are not getting any younger.”

The Stone, now 64, said the band were looking forward to next year’s anniversary – and dismissed suggestions of a permanent rift between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

He said: “We are all looking forward to it; we do not know what it is. I said to them we owe it to ourselves and the people to do something. We are just... whatever, we will find a way.

“I wish I could say. We had a great meeting the other week and we all got on great.”

He described himself as the “diplomat” of the band. “You will have to ask the two brothers (Jagger and Richards) – they are like family.”

Read More [www.birminghammail.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-06 11:36 by Green Lady.

Re: Ronnie: "I wish I could say we had a great meeting..."
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:34

A follow up to Main Offender is IMHO even better than a new STones record!!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:37

He Feels Like Saying

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:37

Green Lady, your subject headline implies something different than what the quote in the article says..
you should probably change it and make it more accurate.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:38

Your thread title is a bit misleading.I mean it COMPLETELY changes the meaning to go from "I wish I could say. We had a great meeting...." to "I wish I could say we had a great meeting..."

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:39

The power of punctuation.

Posted by: Stargazer ()

ineedadrink
Green Lady, your subject headline implies something different than what the quote in the article says..
you should probably change it and make it more accurate.

I agree, was a bit confuddled there...

Posted by: Beast ()

I think the title of your post is misleading. The newspaper article shows a fullstop after "I wish I could say." (which sounds like the reply to a question he was asked). That little dot makes a huge difference to the meaning!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:40

oops - seems as if several of us posted the same thing at the same time. sorry for the duplication.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:44

Bring on a Keith solo tour.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:05

sweetcharmedlife
Bring on a Keith solo tour.smileys with beer
Who will play guitar is Keith's stead?

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:17

After all that serveral topics about Mick and Keith's current relationship, a possible new tour or a new record, I believe that's all over now.
They're in ages where they don't have to prove anything to anything else. They made an incredible contribution to the music business during half a century,but in their ages, they surely see the things from another persepective!

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:26

Gangster-of-love
After all that serveral topics about Mick and Keith's current relationship, a possible new tour or a new record, I believe that's all over now.
They're in ages where they don't have to prove anything to anything else. They made an incredible contribution to the music business during half a century,but in their ages, they surely see the things from another persepective!

Hopefully, yes. but you never know on IORR. eye rolling smiley

reading the misleading headline only, had me shocked for a moment but reading the whole thing, it feels pretty good.

>>The Stone, now 64, said the band were looking forward to next year’s anniversary – and dismissed suggestions of a permanent rift between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

He said: “We are all looking forward to it; we do not know what it is. I said to them we owe it to ourselves and the people to do something. We are just... whatever, we will find a way.

I wish I could say Anyway, We had a great meeting the other week and we all got on great.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 20:45 by open-g.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:28

MadMax

I agree! I would much rather see KR play small theatres than hear Miss You for the 100th time at some 70k seat stadium.

I do know KR was recording in NYC with Steve Jordan last week.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:33

Two things:

The Stone, now 64, said the band were looking forward to next year’s anniversary – and dismissed suggestions of a permanent rift between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

And secondly - a Winos record! Oh, Massey Hall here I come!!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:38

In the video he says - "anyway" and not "I wish I could say".

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:53

You need to shuffle the words of the headline, to something like ...."We wish we could all go on great, so I meet the other week with something to say" - or what was it again...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 21:06 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 5, 2011 21:38

Justin
The power of punctuation.

Paint It, Black

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 5, 2011 21:52

I think Green Lady did it intentionally. The meeting has not led to any results - Richards is making his album, which eliminates the possibility of recording a new album for Stones. Mick - I do not know what he would do, he may take up some movie projects.
So - "I wish I could say we had a great meeting" - seems to me a very precise definition

Date: October 5, 2011 23:55

Stones Tod is back.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 5, 2011 23:59

proudmary
I think Green Lady did it intentionally. The meeting has not led to any results - Richards is making his album, which eliminates the possibility of recording a new album for Stones. Mick - I do not know what he would do, he may take up some movie projects.
So - "I wish I could say we had a great meeting" - seems to me a very precise definition
Except for the fact that he actually said "Anyway we had a great meeting". Let's get the facts right before you start speculating on meaning.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2011 00:00

fiftyamp
MadMax

I agree, but i hope that new Keef songs aren't like "Losing my touch" or "Infamy".

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 6, 2011 00:42

....and said the Stones owed their fans a reunion tour

Hmmm didn't know they broke up as a working band, not that I would expect them to announce they were no longer a working band

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2011 00:58

sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Except for the fact that he actually said "Anyway we had a great meeting". Let's get the facts right before you start speculating on meaning.

Yes PM, you mentioned you were the 'journalist' or near journalist, in another thread. I don't think it appropriate to rewrite what someone said, and then report it as though they were actually be quoted. That is deceitful.

The subject line on this post is deceiving the reader, as it is written differently than Ron Wood has said it, and it clearly has the OPPOSITE meaning as Ron Wood had intended.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 6, 2011 01:24

ineedadrink
subject headline implies something different than what the quote in the article says

Totally different

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 6, 2011 01:29

proudmary

It is not a correct quote, however. That's not what was said.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 6, 2011 01:38

proudmary

Is there anything wrong with your ears or your eyes? Listen to Ronnie in the video.
Ronnie said: "Anyway, we had a great meeting".

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 6, 2011 11:39

proudmary

Green Lady did not do it intentionally. Cockup, not conspiracy.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 6, 2011 12:08

Green Lady
proudmary

Green Lady did not do it intentionally. Cockup, not conspiracy.

Conspiracy? I just assumed that you were ironic - a wordplay and all that. Sorry, did not want to offend you.

Re: Ronnie: "We had a great meeting..."
Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: October 6, 2011 12:13

"A follow up to Main Offender is IMHO even better than a new STones record!!!!"

Yep, with Paul Rodgers singing on one or two songs.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home