Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: A Suggestion for Keith Richards
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:41

IMHO you can't slag off Keith. He is ALWAYS there for us fans and that he still lives and breathes music is a blessing.

People who complain about his antics are pathetic.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:42

I think the "todger" comment is the least what Mick thinks about. But for an artist it is probably the worst if your partner claims to have written 95% of all songs and gives you only credit for a 5%.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:54

elunsi
I think the "todger" comment is the least what Mick thinks about. But for an artist it is probably the worst if your partner claims to have written 95% of all songs and gives you only credit for a 5%.

Well MJ doesn't give a shit about all contibutions on songwriting!
I guess thats's all coming out of greed!
@#$%& Mick Jagger and his financial stuff!
Get together as a band and do someting that stands for rock and roll and not financial duties!

It's only rock and roll but we like it, like it yes we do!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:29

What exactly does "ALWAYS there" mean? Examples, please.

Date: October 5, 2011 20:50

For example, he ALWAYS says "It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere." and "Gold rings on you all!"

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 5, 2011 21:27

What suggestions can be done to this man? He knows what he's doing. First he screws the band with his book, now he records his solo album (which this book has prepared the ground), and together with the album will be released Depp's documentary about his entire career. That's the plan.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 6, 2011 00:19

stonesrule
Love your post Fan Since 1964.

However...this to me is not just about Mick. There are other people in the band.
And Keith apparently doesn't give Charlie a call or Darryl, for example.

Guess they're all just "guys he knows from work." An example -- when you've had "serious" cancer as Charlie did you live with the worry of it coming back. Just a pleasant chat with Keith on a human level would probably have pleased Charlie. But it's all about Keith. I didn't mean for this tread and my comments to be anything but facts. I have very good memories of Keith but I like to see a little personal growth in myself and my friends. DON'T YOU?

In my life and work, I've known many music and film stars. At a certain level, they can be and act "spoiled." Sometimes it's a phase. Other times it lasts forever. I guess I just thought Keith had it in him. to "get real." And I still want to believe he will.

Stonesrule! There's life and then there's work!
I guess Keith has thrown one or two calls to Charlie during his illness.
But when it comes to work there's 2 people that needs to get started and thats Mick and Keith! Without knowing I think Keith has been willing to have a go at it for some time now! But with Mick, well I'm not sure!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 6, 2011 01:47

stonesrule
Look back at IORR posts regarding at Keith's playing on the tour way before the accident.

I must had got lucky with 3 shows in 05, 2 in 06 before the accident and then when I went back in September 06 I didn't really hear much coming from him and sadly realized what everyone was saying.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 6, 2011 02:21

stonesrule
Love your post Fan Since 1964.

However...this to me is not just about Mick. There are other people in the band.
And Keith apparently doesn't give Charlie a call or Darryl, for example.

Guess they're all just "guys he knows from work." An example -- when you've had "serious" cancer as Charlie did you live with the worry of it coming back. Just a pleasant chat with Keith on a human level would probably have pleased Charlie. But it's all about Keith. I didn't mean for this tread and my comments to be anything but facts. I have very good memories of Keith but I like to see a little personal growth in myself and my friends. DON'T YOU?

In my life and work, I've known many music and film stars. At a certain level, they can be and act "spoiled." Sometimes it's a phase. Other times it lasts forever. I guess I just thought Keith had it in him. to "get real." And I still want to believe he will.

And just how do you know that Keith doesn't call Charlie or Daryl occasionally? Especially after Charlie's cancer scare, did Charlie tell you himself that Keith never contacted him to see how he was doing, to cheer him up? I guess you're forgetting what Keith went through with his very own wife the last few years and how caring and considerate he was then (Patti's own words, not mine).

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 6, 2011 03:18

How do I know? My sources are excellent.

I offered some suggestions. Sorry you don't agree.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 6, 2011 03:41

No worries, I just don't like to see people get accused of stuff they may or may not have done without proper backup.

Ironically, of all the Stones Keith has always seemed as the most caring, down-to-earth kind of guy to me over the years.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 6, 2011 07:11

A suggestion for stonesrule... why not just send your suggestions for Keith to Keith via these excellent sources? grinning smiley

Date: October 6, 2011 09:24

71Tele
Let's face it, how much of this alleged Jagger-Richards feud is us speculating and projecting? As terrible as some of the things Keith said about Mick in his book were, they were really no different than what he has been saying, in one form or another, for the past 25 years. "Brenda" could hardly have been shocked.

thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 6, 2011 14:17

stonesrule
Today, I want to join that group of people at IORR who always have ideas for what various members of The Rolling Stones should, do, think and/or say.

I respect the many good parts of Keith Richards but after I read his autobiography, I felt very disappointed in him...He can be an intelligent person who's good with words and appreciates books. But for every fascinating and honest part of "Life" there were numerous lapses of memory, misstatements, lack of honest and tasteless statements. Keith has always fostered the "rebel" image although it almost did him in on numerous occasions. If he wasn't famous as opposed to being an adult, if he hadn't collected millions of dollars for his "memories." if he were someone reading the book from an objective point of view, I don't think he'd be a fan of the central character -- himself. Since becoming "famous," he's been surrounded by enablers and hangers-on as well as loving friends and family.

My point is that as much as I'd personally enjoy seeing Keith on stage again and giving a solid performance (as opposed to relying on back up musicians) I really have had enough of "PR bullshit," endless posing for photos, arms around Jagger etc., the usual "Aren't I cool! and "Oh yes, we're going on tour..." (Get those tickets NOW."

It would be impressive to see him present himself at a major press conference as an imperfect adult who loves music and who respects his musical partner Mick Jagger.

I don't look for any apologies from Keith but it would be positive and high time if he showed some appreciation for the army of longtime fans as well as the new ones and for Mick, Charlie and others who have put up with a hell of a lot from him through the years.

Yes, agree, 100%. They should strenghten their profiles as blues and rock'n roll musicians ... Ronnie is the only Stone who is permanently involved in real musical projects (I don't count the pubertal SuperHeavy crap as music).

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 6, 2011 15:19

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
Let's face it, how much of this alleged Jagger-Richards feud is us speculating and projecting? As terrible as some of the things Keith said about Mick in his book were, they were really no different than what he has been saying, in one form or another, for the past 25 years. "Brenda" could hardly have been shocked.

thumbs up

Ditto that ;^)

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 6, 2011 15:46

Fan Since 1964
elunsi

Well MJ doesn't give a shit about all contibutions on songwriting!
I guess thats's all coming out of greed!
@#$%& Mick Jagger and his financial stuff!
Get together as a band and do someting that stands for rock and roll and not financial duties!

It's only rock and roll but we like it, like it yes we do!

I disagree. It's not about getting his fair share of finances....I am pretty sure Mick and Keith share songwriting equally. I don't think that's an issue. IMO, it is about Mick getting acknowledgement for his contributions to the Stones (they are endless!!). Keith makes it sound like he's responsible for just about everything!

Date: October 6, 2011 16:17

WW III is always used to stir up thing before a tour, only now,since 1989, it is a "cold WW III", not a hot one.

They don't even use proper proxys to fight each other anymore, so expect a proper tour either in 2012 or 2013.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 6, 2011 16:57

there are so many whiners on some of these threads that it would be easy to take a vote on who needs to leave the island.....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 6, 2011 16:57

Fan Since 1964
stonesrule
Today, I want to join that group of people at IORR who always have ideas for what various members of The Rolling Stones should, do, think and/or say.

I respect the many good parts of Keith Richards but after I read his autobiography, I felt very disappointed in him...He can be an intelligent person who's good with words and appreciates books. But for every fascinating and honest part of "Life" there were numerous lapses of memory, misstatements, lack of honest and tasteless statements. Keith has always fostered the "rebel" image although it almost did him in on numerous occasions. If he wasn't famous as opposed to being an adult, if he hadn't collected millions of dollars for his "memories." if he were someone reading the book from an objective point of view, I don't think he'd be a fan of the central character -- himself. Since becoming "famous," he's been surrounded by enablers and hangers-on as well as loving friends and family.

My point is that as much as I'd personally enjoy seeing Keith on stage again and giving a solid performance (as opposed to relying on back up musicians) I really have had enough of "PR bullshit," endless posing for photos, arms around Jagger etc., the usual "Aren't I cool! and "Oh yes, we're going on tour..." (Get those tickets NOW."

It would be impressive to see him present himself at a major press conference as an imperfect adult who loves music and who respects his musical partner Mick Jagger.

I don't look for any apologies from Keith but it would be positive and high time if he showed some appreciation for the army of longtime fans as well as the new ones and for Mick, Charlie and others who have put up with a hell of a lot from him through the years.

I agree somewhat!
To me the comment on "a tiny todger" should pass unnoticed in his band!
For gods sake they have been around for soon 50 years!
If the hang up is this comment then it's obvious that Jagger has no what so ever empathy with what friends say or do!
Keith is a rock and roller, whilst Mick isn't anymore!
In rock and roll you take that "insult" with a smaile and think "ok" Keith that your version of the story and then go on with it!
As I see it jagger takes it very hard and to me that a proof that Richards tells a true story! But for gods sake don't let that be an obsticle to big to get over!

Keith is one personality and the rest of the bunch is their own ones, so god damn it lite's get on the road and proove that THE ROLLING STONES are bigger than anything else!

STOP WHINING Mrs BRENDA JAGGER!

As far as I can tell, Mrs Brenda Jagger hasn't done any whining, although you'd hardly notice because so many people are doing it on his behalf.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 6, 2011 17:02

btw...Keith's got a night out planned in Nov....

Bill Clinton will present Keith Richards with the Mailer Prize for Distinguished Biography at the Norman Mailer Center’s benefit at the Mandarin Oriental on Nov. 8 ...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 6, 2011 18:10

Rip This
there are so many whiners on some of these threads that it would be easy to take a vote on who needs to leave the island.....

grinning smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 6, 2011 18:25

I want to KISS you, Bliss! That was so perfectly phrased! I wish I'd written that except no one pays attention to me now when I criticize Keith....I think they have me pigeon-holed as a Mick camper! That's ok, the truth is still the truth.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 7, 2011 07:02

Rip This
btw...Keith's got a night out planned in Nov....

Bill Clinton will present Keith Richards with the Mailer Prize for Distinguished Biography at the Norman Mailer Center’s benefit at the Mandarin Oriental on Nov. 8 ...

that explains their recent get-together/lunch...i thought it was about Clinton trying to get Keith to support Clinton's foundation

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: October 7, 2011 07:48

I respect the many good parts of Keith Richards but after I read his autobiography, I felt very disappointed in him...He can be an intelligent person who's good with words and appreciates books. But for every fascinating and honest part of "Life" there were numerous lapses of memory, misstatements, lack of honest and tasteless statements.

It's called an editor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-07 07:54 by GeneGenie.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: October 7, 2011 08:17

nick
stonesrule
Look back at IORR posts regarding at Keith's playing on the tour way before the accident.

I must had got lucky with 3 shows in 05, 2 in 06 before the accident and then when I went back in September 06 I didn't really hear much coming from him and sadly realized what everyone was saying.

Yeah but I bet he looked really really cool with a cig hanging out of his mouth. What a badass.

Date: October 7, 2011 12:51

For all the whiners, would you please find a younger favourite band to follow? Maybe then you could get more satisfied?

The Stones do not owe us nothing.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 7, 2011 13:36

GeneGenie
I respect the many good parts of Keith Richards but after I read his autobiography, I felt very disappointed in him...He can be an intelligent person who's good with words and appreciates books. But for every fascinating and honest part of "Life" there were numerous lapses of memory, misstatements, lack of honest and tasteless statements.

It's called an editor.

The editor is not the case here, I'm afraid - though editing of the book is appalling.
The the most unpleasant part is his agenda - indecent self-aggrandizement, attempt to attribute all the achievements to himself and all the failures to the others. And certainly the most surprising thing is jealousy after 50 years together. Who would have thought?

Date: October 7, 2011 13:46

Green Lady
Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

I agree somewhat!
To me the comment on "a tiny todger" should pass unnoticed in his band!
For gods sake they have been around for soon 50 years!
If the hang up is this comment then it's obvious that Jagger has no what so ever empathy with what friends say or do!
Keith is a rock and roller, whilst Mick isn't anymore!
In rock and roll you take that "insult" with a smaile and think "ok" Keith that your version of the story and then go on with it!
As I see it jagger takes it very hard and to me that a proof that Richards tells a true story! But for gods sake don't let that be an obsticle to big to get over!

Keith is one personality and the rest of the bunch is their own ones, so god damn it lite's get on the road and proove that THE ROLLING STONES are bigger than anything else!

STOP WHINING Mrs BRENDA JAGGER!

As far as I can tell, Mrs Brenda Jagger hasn't done any whining, although you'd hardly notice because so many people are doing it on his behalf.

thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home