Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT:Amanda Knox Freed
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 6, 2011 20:59

Title5Take1
Being white and upper-middle class can be a liability in a politically correct world. Look at the Duke University lacrosse team case.

It didn't help the Manson girls beat the rap either.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 6, 2011 22:30

mr_dja
[Actually, here in my part of America, it can sometimes feel more like "the rest of the world against (US of) America". Peace,
Mr DJA

By" it can sometimes feel more like the rest of the world is against us
what do you mean exactly ?

What " my part in America" means ?
State ,religion, beliefs ?

Most important imo,
How do you feel about it ?

If you feel like the "rest of the world is against "you" as an American , could it be you met the wrong persons or didn't get them ?
Or could it be you have no clue ?

Doesn't look like the Mr dja I got to know slighly .sad smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 6, 2011 22:37

One of my latest read :
J. Grisham :"The Confession "

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 6, 2011 23:08

SwayStones
mr_dja
[Actually, here in my part of America, it can sometimes feel more like "the rest of the world against (US of) America". Peace,
Mr DJA

By" it can sometimes feel more like the rest of the world is against us
what do you mean exactly ?

Most important imo,
How do you feel about it ?

If you feel like the "rest of the world is against "you" as an American , could it be you met the wrong persons or didn't get them ?
Or could it be you have no clue ?

Doesn't look like the Mr dja I got to know slighly .sad smiley

No worries, It's still me Sway! On a side note, I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer your last e-mail... Chaos is running over "in my part of America"

what do you mean exactly ? That's a hard one... It's kind of a preception as to what it seems like world-wide, the media, "influence peddlers", "sound-bite polititions" are trying to "sell". Like, we need a scape-goat, someone to blame, Blame the USA, they're an easy target. And we are, we're not perfect and our system allows for people to criticize us at will with very little option for recourse.

Just using it as a discalimer that I'm not speeking for all Americans. Just a view from wherever I happen to be. For those who don't know, I'm located in East Tennesse, South East part of the USA. I'll keep the religion out of the board post, Sway and I communicate of board spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Most important imo,
How do you feel about it ? In a single word, I think "frustrated" would fit regularly.

I have no doubt that, the average person in the average community has very little anamosity vs. outside communities. It's those people that I hope will raise their voices and start drowning out the rhetoric of the media, policy makers, etc. that I mentioned above.

Or could it be you have no clue? THAT could be VERY possible! As we all know, but sometimes are afraid to admit, our individual points of view are often very clouded by influences that should be ignored when coming to conclusions and opinions. I'll be the first to admit that I have far more questions than answers and even the answers that I THINK I have are constantly being challenged by those nagging little voices in my head.

Thank you so much, Sway, for challenging me. I do enjoy having to think and communicate! You're one of the best on this board for that! I'm going to try and get an e-mail out to you this weekend... We'll see how that goes!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home