Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT:Amanda Knox Freed
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2011 21:17

I don't know enough about the case to know whether justice has been done - I hope it has. It's dreadful for the family of Meredith Kercher (she was British, so we hear more about her in the UK) - and if the Italian police appeal then they'll have to go through it all again.

But spare a thought for those who don't have the sort of resources Amanda Knox had to mount an effective appeal against wrongful conviction, and go to jail - or in some countries, to their graves - protesting their innocence.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 4, 2011 22:12

my opimion is that they were guilty, buy nobody could prove it. technically it was the right decision, because without a prove you cannot do nothing.
the american public opinion played an heavy game against italian justice, simply because amanda was considered guilty until last night. they didn't show respect to the italian justice and also mrs clinton did a lot of pressure with italian government. the concept is that american citizens are protected at any cost from their government; even american airplane pilots who caused by mistake many deaths hitting a cableway in the italian mountains few years ago were not judged in italy and not considered guilty.. but back to perugia,the sad thing is that an english girl was killed and we don't know yet how and who killed her; the only one who has been considered guilty is an african guy who is in jail now but he was not alone when he killed her... we'll see..

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 4, 2011 22:18

andrea66
my opimion is that they were guilty, buy nobody could prove it. technically it was the right decision, because without a prove you cannot do nothing.
the american public opinion played an heavy game against italian justice, simply because amanda was considered guilty until last night. they didn't show respect to the italian justice and also mrs clinton did a lot of pressure with italian government. the concept is that american citizens are protected at any cost from their government; even american airplane pilots who caused by mistake many deaths hitting a cableway in the italian mountains few years ago were not judged in italy and not considered guilty.. but back to perugia,the sad thing is that an english girl was killed and we don't know yet how and who killed her; the only one who has been considered guilty is an african guy who is in jail now but he was not alone when he killed her... we'll see..

I don't know who killed that British girl, and I hope the future can somehow provide the whole truth. What happened with the American fighter pilots was much more than a mistake.It was pure criminal negligence that sent all those people to a horrible death. One minute they were enjoying their holiday, and the next they were killed because these pilots wanted to show off. They got a very light punishment, it was a great injustice.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 4, 2011 22:35

andrea66
the american public opinion played an heavy game against italian justice, simply because amanda was considered guilty until last night. they didn't show respect to the italian justice ..

i am afraid italian justice does not deserve much respect
as the condition and the demographics of our jails show full as they are of all those people that, as gazza put it, do not have enough money or power to avoid punishment

i agree with u: they were probably guilty but not enough evidence and the usual incompetent preparation of the case by the italian police

it is better to have a guilty out of prison than an innocent in
imho

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 4, 2011 23:15

Uh...she's innocent. As I said above, read up on Rudy Guede, who's now in prison term for the murder, and with plenty of evidence to back that up.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 4, 2011 23:18

andrea66
but back to perugia,the sad thing is that an english girl was killed and we don't know yet how and who killed her; the only one who has been considered guilty is an african guy who is in jail now but he was not alone when he killed her... we'll see..

The convicted guy's DNA was all over the crime scene, including in the victim. On the other hand, there was no DNA evidence against Knox or her boyfriend. Hard science can't be refuted by what an inept justice system would like to believe.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 4, 2011 23:34

It is horrible that a young woman was murdered. It has to be clear though, that nobody can be found guilty if his or her guilt cannot be proven.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 4, 2011 23:46

Title5Take1
Uh...she's innocent. As I said above, read up on Rudy Guede, who's now in prison term for the murder, and with plenty of evidence to back that up.

but she cant be innocent because she's pretty,white and an american.even though there was only faked evidence put forth by a prosecutor that himself is up on charges we cannot let these facts get in our way.
remember there is a picture of her with "evil eyes",that should be enough for life in prison.why would you need actual evidence?

you know college kids with a bright future and no criminal history often team up with psychotic drifters and kill their friends,happens all the time.

at least that freak show over there ended with us getting our girl back.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:03

HighwireC
LeonidP
Gibson668
Try not to forget a young woman was brutally stabbed to death!

Eggzactly! People seem so sure Amanda is innocent -- when I read about her contradictory comments, I'm not so sure.

1. A young woman was brutally stabbed to death. Don't forget this by talking about this "story".

2. Only if you are sure you've found the person who has done this, and you can clearly prove it, you'll have the right to punish him.

But it seems, some people only want to see hang someone to be satisfied. That's lynch mentality. And in some countries with death penalty we can watch some very controversy diskussions about "to be sure or not to be sure ..."

Be judicious, please, and fair-minded.

Not sure of your point ... it was proven & she was found guilty. Many think that the press was the reason this got overturned, not that she was innocent.

not saying i know one way or the other, just find it odd so many others seem to be so sure that she's innocent and rejoicing her release -- not even considering that maybe the press pressured the jury to let a proven guilty person go free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 00:05 by LeonidP.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:11

sweetcharmedlife
dcba
The eyes are the window of the soul... Hers must be black as coal...
They're also the eyes of an innocent woman. At least in terms of the crime that she was accused of.

They're also the eyes of an innocent young girl who has been imprisoned for several years and destroyed by a tabloid culture of revenge justice.....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:12

Maybe OJ can help her find the real killer.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:15

Accidents will happen...sounds like perfect fodder for a song on the next album...ala Claudine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 00:18 by shadooby.

Date: October 5, 2011 00:16

LeonidP
Gibson668
Try not to forget a young woman was brutally stabbed to death!

Eggzactly! People seem so sure Amanda is innocent -- when I read about her contradictory comments, I'm not so sure.

Better than being so sure of her guilt because of a hunch and no evidence....
The Italian justice system @#$%& up this young girl's life and derailed any chances of true justice being served for the young woman who was killed.
Have you not read about how this case was handled?

Date: October 5, 2011 00:31

[leonidP/qoute]-"not sure of your point ... it was proven & she was found guilty. Many think that the press was the reason this got overturned, not that she was innocent.
not saying i know one way or the other, just find it odd so many others seem to be so sure that she's innocent and rejoicing her release -- not even considering that maybe the press pressured the jury to let a proven guilty person go free.[/quote]

-uh,no it wasnt -the evidence was fake and was proven so on appeal,the prosecutor is a criminal who is still facing charges of his own for misconduct in another case and the press joined in this lynching with their lured made up stories that resulted in a very obvious character assassination of two innocent people.
the strange thing to me is people are willing to take some of amandas "statements" at face value even though she was held without counsel and interrogated for hours without sleep with investigators screaming at her to confess and retelling the story they wanted to here over and over and trying to make her agree to it.
yet most of these people would have a fit if they heard of these tactics used on a terror suspect-"you violated his rights maaan"

"not saying i know one way or the other"-and yet you give us your opinion notheless

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:34

71Tele
Maybe OJ can help her find the real killer.
Well,he may not be able to help for a few more years.Being locked up in a Nevada prison at the moment....But maybe Casey Anthony could help.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:38

Just a thought..................I wonder what they are discussing on the Beatles forum right now.........

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:39

LeonidP
Many think that the press was the reason this got overturned

I have no clue how the jury system works in Italy, but I find it amazing that the press could somehow put pressure on a jury to vote one way or the other.
Seems to me that a juror should look at the evidence & courtroom arguments and make a decision from that.

If a juror can't make a decision based on what happens in a courtroom, and especially if that juror succombs to pressure from the jackass @#$%& press, then that juror is not fit to serve.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:47

Other posts here have been right to remember an innocent girl was murdered.

I hope the writers of other posts, that judge someone by how pretty their eyes are, are not working in my judicial system. Keep your day job.

I find it nauseating how mainstream media courted Knox. And to Edith's point, jurors who actually wept tears when listening to Knox's plea are not exactly impartial.

From the circumstantial evidence surrounding this case, I believe the defendant is a manipulative sociopath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 00:48 by paulm.

Date: October 5, 2011 01:09

care to share some of that"evidence" with us?it was shot full of holes during the appeal and the whole case unraveled from there.

hiding under the rocks was a crooked prosecutor and a bunch of bad,bordering on criminal, police work.

and the jokes about finding the "real killer" -he's in prison already.

why dont some of you just come out and admit it,shes a pretty white american girl and for that you want her destroyed and you're not gonna let the truth or any amount of facts stop you from feeling that way.

come on let it out you know you wanna...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:11

NICOS
Just a thought..................I wonder what they are discussing on the Beatles forum right now.........
Whether or not the walrus was Paul?

Date: October 5, 2011 01:29

An interesting read is The Monster of Florence, a true story about a serial murderer.

Same prosecutor(Giuliano Mignini), as the one going after Amanda Knox.

He really makes huge jumps in his mind, and he is currently being investigated
for his doings.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:30

lem motlow

'Our girl'? I didn't know you were related to her.

Shame us British people don't have the chance to get 'our girl' back....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 01:30 by monkeymark.

Date: October 5, 2011 02:35

monkeymark
lem motlow

'Our girl'? I didn't know you were related to her.

Shame us British people don't have the chance to get 'our girl' back....

she's an american citizen and its just like they're "our soldiers" "our countrymen" "our fellow citizens" -is that a little rough for you to understand? too bad.

and yes it is a shame the brits cant get their girl back.luckily the psychopath who killed her is in prison.holding a salem witch trial for her friend and roommate wasnt gonna change things,even if it would've felt good to nail that dirty rotten american.

Date: October 5, 2011 02:54

Better to be guided by moral standards than to surrender principles in the
name of blind allegiance.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 5, 2011 03:29

MKjan
Better to be guided by moral standards than to surrender principles in the
name of blind allegiance.

I wish I had said that.

Date: October 5, 2011 03:32

lem motlow
care to share some of that"evidence" with us?it was shot full of holes during the appeal and the whole case unraveled from there.

hiding under the rocks was a crooked prosecutor and a bunch of bad,bordering on criminal, police work.

and the jokes about finding the "real killer" -he's in prison already.

why dont some of you just come out and admit it,shes a pretty white american girl and for that you want her destroyed and you're not gonna let the truth or any amount of facts stop you from feeling that way.

come on let it out you know you wanna...

Scary isn't it? I always assume the mob mentality is an American thing, born out of our wild west, frontier justice origins...

sadly, it seems to be a universal flaw.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 04:36

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE gave a run down of what happened (in their June 27, 2011 issue). Read article at link >>> [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: October 5, 2011 04:38

lem motlow
-uh,no it wasnt -the evidence was fake and was proven so on appeal,the prosecutor is a criminal who is still facing charges of his own for misconduct in another case and the press joined in this lynching with their lured made up stories that resulted in a very obvious character assassination of two innocent people.
the strange thing to me is people are willing to take some of amandas "statements" at face value ...

uh, funny how you are blasting the prosecution for the character portrayal of Amanda, yet you are so quick to believe that they are criminals making up stories. if that was the case, it would have been thrown out long ago.

Date: October 5, 2011 04:41

LeonidP
lem motlow
the strange thing to me is people are willing to take some of amandas "statements" at face value ...

uh, funny how you are blasting the prosecution for the character portrayal of Amanda, yet you are so quick to believe that they are criminals making up stories. if that was the case, it would have been thrown out long ago.

You obviously have not read about this case....
Read the facts, then make up your mind.

Date: October 5, 2011 08:57

stupidguy2
LeonidP
lem motlow

You obviously have not read about this case....
Read the facts, then make up your mind.

haha, i seem to be the only one that has paid any attention. If you did, you would know that she accused an innocent person of the murder and it was proven she lied, and she WAS found guilty of that. And there were 2 verdicts on her own murder charges ... guilty the first time and innocent the second time -- none of us know for sure which is the right one. As stated before, I sure don't know that she did it, but neither do other posters know for sure that she is innocent (though you wouldn't be able to tell that from the responses).

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home