Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's playing Paris June 2007
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 1, 2011 23:39

Like to hear what those IORR'ers who were at this gig think about Keith's
musicality that 2007 summer night at the Stade de France.

Re: Keith's playing Paris June 2007
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:30

I was there and I loved it. He ballsed Happy up but apart from that it was a good gig, great Setlist too; She Was Hot, Waiting On A Friend, It's All Over Now. 4 hr delay home was the only bummer for me.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:32

I was ok with it. On the other hand Werchter was a different story. And Dusseldorf was great!!!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:35

Where do I get tickets?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:42

Wish there was a time machine and we could go back. I'd know where Charlies drum sticks were going so I could catch onetongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 2, 2011 01:19

stonesrule
Like to hear what those IORR'ers who were at this gig think about Keith's
musicality that 2007 summer night at the Stade de France.

Best ever version of CYHMK.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 2, 2011 05:55

I went to five of the first six shows of that leg of the ABB tour (all except for the Isle of Wight, if I got that name right) and you could really tell the difference in Keith's entire demeanor and energy in that show.

The band was better as a whole than in the shows leading up to that, and it was better still at Lyon a couple of nights later.

plexi

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 2, 2011 06:44

I remember I almost fainted when we got 'She was Hot' that night. Great show and great to see Keith getting better and better after Werchter and Frankfurt.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 2, 2011 11:48

Overall I think his performance was decent, although a couple of songs like Happy and Wanna Hold You were pretty lame, I think Keith did have some real trouble playing the right notes.
For myself it really didn't matter because I was so excited to hear All Down The Line live for the first time ever. I remember screaming like crazy when the opening riff started.
And just being in Paris is always a great experience with all the cute chicks, great food and nice surroundings, especially 6th arr Saint-Germain-des-Prés with nice coffe shops.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 2, 2011 12:22

Hello,

I just remember enjoying this one a lot, although it took an age to get back into the centre of town after. Now, what was the name of that bar again...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 2, 2011 16:01

Yes I was there and the gig was perfect. Agrée about cyhmk version. Very relaxes jazz one
Too bad the show is not available in top quality

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: October 2, 2011 17:01

I was there and I regret to say that Keith was not very good at this show (I have been to several shows and always in front row, Keith's side).

I will remenber Ron shouting after him and Keith were not reacting.. sometimes he seemed to be lost. There were no fire in his eyes and, it is difficult to say, he seemed to be embarrased and to be frightened of something.

After the show, I have discussed with one of us (someone who wrote on this forum) and he said to me that, according to him, Keith guitar was cut at the mixing table on some parts of the show. I really don't know, but we both admit that the solo he made on Tumbling Dice was simply a long big noise. This person were in Wechter and he told me that Keith were worst in Werchter (maybe he can recognize himself, we were sit on few steps outside the stadium, I think his wife - and maybe his daughter or other people - were with him. I send him a brotherly hello).

However, in Paris 2007, he made a very nice JJF at the end.

I prefer to forget this show, I have so many wonderful memories of him. He had its ups and down, he was very down this night... and it's not a big issue. I simply think he was under a medical treatment with a strong drug having a bad impact on his attitude. I prefer Nice 2006 or Paris 2006 and the year 2006 was better than the year 2007 (of course, of what I have seen).

Anyway, he's my heroe and I will rush to see them again...

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 2, 2011 17:41

RiffKichards
I was there and I regret to say that Keith was not very good at this show (I have been to several shows and always in front row, Keith's side).

I will remenber Ron shouting after him and Keith were not reacting.. sometimes he seemed to be lost. There were no fire in his eyes and, it is difficult to say, he seemed to be embarrased and to be frightened of something.

After the show, I have discussed with one of us (someone who wrote on this forum) and he said to me that, according to him, Keith guitar was cut at the mixing table on some parts of the show. I really don't know, but we both admit that the solo he made on Tumbling Dice was simply a long big noise. This person were in Wechter and he told me that Keith were worst in Werchter (maybe he can recognize himself, we were sit on few steps outside the stadium, I think his wife - and maybe his daughter or other people - were with him. I send him a brotherly hello).

I prefer to forget this show, I have so many wonderful memories of him. He had its ups and down, he was very down this night... and it's not a big issue. I simply think he was under a medical treatment with a strong drug having a bad impact on his attitude. I prefer Nice 2006 or Paris 2006 and the year 2006 was better than the year 2007 (of course, of what I have seen).

Agree with that. I was there too but Keith wasn't there. In the big screen, Keith's eyes were lost and told us he couldn't do better this night. The worst concert for me! People said it was with the Lyon show that the tour began starting better>

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 2, 2011 17:45

aprilfool

Agree with that. I was there too but Keith wasn't there. In the big screen, Keith's eyes were lost and told us he couldn't do better this night. The worst concert for me! People said it was with the Lyon show that the tour began starting better>

WOW !"starting better "?

And I was thinking that he didn't play well in Lyon smiling smiley
Was almost in the front row- 1 meter from him after Monkey Man and I didn't like what I saw .

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 2, 2011 18:04

Just read that! I can spend some times listening 1973 tapes but not those from the last tours.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 3, 2011 15:48

That's amazing "The Stones"!

I went (flew from Stockholm) to this show ONLY in the purpose of trying to get ADTL for the first time ever!!!

The Paris show in 2006 was IMHO thousand times better, (the weather, a PACKED stadium, more excitement in general) but the 2007 show was alright. Only bummer was that a guy called me a nazi in the line before the show (can only happen in Paris and maybe Belgium), which really saddened me, but he got his punishment from God as he got a much worse standing position watching the show. Not a lot for hospitality, that guy... I remember the present first wife of France was also there.

Best song: ADTL, just for the pure joy of hearing it and Keef didnae screw up it like he did in London 2 months later.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 3, 2011 16:08

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 3, 2011 16:17

I was so sad and depressed after this show in Paris, 2007, that I declined a lift to Lyon in a Porsche 911... Luckily Dublin and London were better.

Date: October 3, 2011 16:29

RiffKichards

The late 2007-shows in Scandinavia (especially Oslo and Copenhagen) were awesome. The Oslo-show I attended was the best since 1990, imo.

Date: October 3, 2011 17:54

Yeah in Copenhagen I remember being really disappointed with the Ullevi show in Gothenburg, but 10 bars into Start Me Up in Parken and Keef put on a HUGE smile, I knew I was in for a GREAT show! Oslo was also a blast! I don't like YCAGWYW that much but in Oslo it felt like it was 1973 or 1981 again!!!

Posted by: thelantern ()
Date: October 3, 2011 19:38

I remember being quite shocked by Keith's appearance when he emerged for the opening chords of Start Me Up in Paris. From where I was front of stage on his side about 20 yards back, his face looked pretty pale and puffed up and it was obvious that he was still recovering from what had been a much-more-serious-than-previously-thought injury and operation. He definitely didn't cover himself in glory that night and messed up badly on Happy and the intro to Brown Sugar to name but two. Still, even though he was struggling and looked as though he knew it himself, he was superb on All Down The Line (a long-anticipated first for me) and, agreeing with Jeppe's earlier post, lifted Can't You Hear Me Knocking to a whole other level. I can still see him doing his little rhythm flicks as he ambled over smiling towards the brass section as the sax came in at the start of the second 'part' of the song. His timing, as always, was unique (just off the beat) and in that second I was reminded why, even when they're not truly hitting the heights that they're capable of, no one can touch the Stones as a live band! You can see it again in the middle section of Midnight Rambler at Rio on the Biggest Bang DVD - nobody gets quite to the heart of what makes a tune work the way Keith does.

I was also at the Slane Castle and three O2 shows at the end of the tour and Keith had more than got his chops back by then. I would love to see some more live shows but I'm starting to doubt that it's going to happen unfortunately.

Date: October 3, 2011 20:19

aprilfool
Just read that! I can spend some times listening 1973 tapes but not those from the last tours.

So ,does it mean I was right with what I wrote again & again on some boards ?
smiling smiley

I was quite shocked & "hurted" by what I saw that evening in Lyon /France .
I wondered where Keith had gone .

Date: October 3, 2011 20:28

Don't forget that he had just lost his mother before the tour, this was a heavy blow and the reason he kept sticking to Wanna Hold You all through 2007, with the exception of the Moscow gig.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 3, 2011 22:45

MadMax
sticking to Wanna Hold You all through 2007, with the exception of the Moscow gig.

Wanna Hold You was not played in Madrid, Rome and St Petersburg.

Date: October 3, 2011 23:39

MadMax
Don't forget that he had just lost his mother before the tour, this was a heavy blow and the reason he kept sticking to Wanna Hold You all through 2007, with the exception of the Moscow gig.

Have you ever heard about Tara who died on 6 June 1976 ?
Check the Paris 76's DVD .

His child died -I saw the Stones several days later -plus he was on drugs, but he still could play and he was good on guitar,wasn't he ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 4, 2011 01:37

He was very inconsistent in 2007: Paris, Franfurt, London 1. NOt sure what happened between 2006 and 2007, he seemed to get worse.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 4, 2011 03:15

Thank you georgeV. You put it spot on. "Very inconsistent."

Quite sad really...all those bits where he half sat on the stage and was very sweet to the adoring fans in front of the stage.

Jagger had to really work...moving constantly dancing,skipping, moving from side to side of that vast stadium stage..to bring the energy levels back up. His guitar player had quite an off night playing-wise.

Hate to be that honest as I remember so many 60's/70's shows where Keith was so very into the music.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 4, 2011 05:14

georgeV
. NOt sure what happened between 2006 and 2007, he seemed to get worse.

In April 2007 Keith Richards hurt his head while on vacations (with Ron) in the Fijis. It was a pretty bad accident. Although he survived it and agreed to finish the european leg of the Bigger Bang Tour it seemed that some nights Keith wasn't playing at his best.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 4, 2011 06:30

rollmops
georgeV
. NOt sure what happened between 2006 and 2007, he seemed to get worse.

In April 2007 Keith Richards hurt his head while on vacations (with Ron) in the Fijis. It was a pretty bad accident. Although he survived it and agreed to finish the european leg of the Bigger Bang Tour it seemed that some nights Keith wasn't playing at his best.
Rock and roll,
Mops

I think you meant April 2006.

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home