Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charlie Watts has spoken
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 1, 2011 06:42

Hi people,
Our beloved drummer Charlie has given an interview saying that the Rolling Stones will perhaps give some concerts in 2012
That's all I saw on a french news channel...no more info on the interview, where and when he gave it.

in fact Charlie is in France
more info below

(AFP) – Il y a 11 heures
PARIS — Charlie Watts, le batteur des Rolling Stones, estime que le groupe donnera "peut-être" quelques concerts en 2012, année où il fêtera ses 50 ans, mais le musicien "doute" d'une tournée, a-t-il indiqué vendredi à l'AFP.

"Je suppose que, si nous parvenons à nous arranger, nous ferons quelques concerts", mais "je doute que nous fassions une tournée", a-t-il déclaré lors d'un entretien.

C'est "principalement la maison de disques" qui marquera le coup, peut-être avec un documentaire, a-t-il avancé.

Dans un entretien au quotidien français Le Parisien la semaine dernière, Mick Jagger, interrogé sur une tournée l'année prochaine avait déclaré : "Peut-être. On discute mais je ne suis pas sûr d'être prêt à m'embarquer dans un périple à travers les 100 plus grandes villes du monde".

Selon le journal, le groupe serait cependant attendu en France en 2013 dans le cadre d'une tournée.

Charlie Watts se produira dimanche au New Morning à Paris avec son quartette "The A, B, C & D of Boogie-Woogie". Le lendemain, il sera une des têtes d'affiche de la 24e édition du festival "L'estival" de Saint-Germain-en-Laye,j en région parisienne, où se produiront également Joyce Jonathan et Stacey Kent jusqu'au 8 octobre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-01 06:51 by jpasc95.

Re: Charlie Watts has spoken
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 1, 2011 07:02

"Je suppose..." says Charlie.

So start saving your dough for the tour.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 1, 2011 07:16

translation in english for those that just don't care for french language

(AFP) - 11 hours ago

PARIS - Charlie Watts, the drummer of the Rolling Stones, considers that the group will give "maybe" some concerts in 2012 when it will celebrate its 50 years, but the musician doubts of a tour, he indicated on Friday to AFP.

" I suppose that, if we succeed in arranging, we shall make some concerts ", but I doubt that we do a tour, he declared during the interview.

It is " mainly the record company " that will mark the occasion, maybe with a documentary, he advanced.

In an interview to the daily French paper "le Parisien" last week, Mick Jagger, questioned about a tour next year had declared: " maybe. We discuss but I am not sure to be ready to embark on a trip through the biggest 100 cities of the world ".

According to the newspaper, the group would however be expected in France in 2013 within the framework of a tour.

Charlie Watts will occur on Sunday in the New Morning in Paris with his jazz quartet " The A, B, C and D of Boogie-woogie ". The next day, he will be one of tops of the bill of the 24th edition of the festival " The summer " of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, in Paris region, where will also occur Joyce Jonathan and Stacey Kent until October 8th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-01 07:19 by jpasc95.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 1, 2011 07:17

Here is a quick google translation:

(AFP) - There are 11 hours
PARIS - Charlie Watts, drummer of the Rolling Stones, said the group will "maybe" a few concerts in 2012, when he turns 50, but the musician "doubt" on tour, he said Friday AFP.

"I suppose if we are able to arrange, we will do some concerts," but "I doubt that we do a tour," he said in an interview.

It is "primarily the record" which will mark the spot, perhaps with a documentary, he argued.

In an interview with French daily Le Parisien last week, Mick Jagger, when asked about a tour next year, said: "Maybe. There was discussion but I'm not sure you are ready to embark on a journey through the 100 largest cities in the world. "

The newspaper said the group would however be expected in France in 2013 as part of a tour.

Charlie Watts will perform Sunday at the New Morning in Paris with his quartet "The A, B, C & D of Boogie-Woogie." The next day he will be one of the headliners of the 24th edition of the festival "The Summer" Saint-Germain-en-Laye, near Paris j, which will also occur Joyce Jonathan and Stacey Kent until October 8 .

...and here it is translated to English then to Czech and then Dutch and back to English:

(AFP) - Is 11 hours
PARIS - Charlie Watts, drummer of The Rolling Stones, said the group will "maybe" and several concerts in 2012, when he turns 50, but a musician "doubt" on the road, he told AFP Friday.

"I think if we can ensure that we do some concerts," but "I doubt that we will make the trip," he said in an interview.

It is "first and foremost record", which would mean a place, perhaps with the documentary, he argued.

In an interview with French daily Le Parisien last week, Mick Jagger, when asked about the trip next year, said: "Maybe there was a disagreement, but I'm sure you're ready to embark on a journey through the 100 largest cities. in the world. "

Newspaper said the group would not be expected in France in 2013 as part of the trip.

Charlie Watts will play on Sunday at the New Morning in Paris, with his quartet "A, B, C and D on the boogie-woogie". The next day he will be one of the main attractions at the 24th festival "Summer" Saint-Germain-en-Laye near Paris j, which also will be Jonathan Joyce and Stacey Kent to 8 October.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 1, 2011 07:32

I'm sorry, I can't resist posting the last paragraph by way of latin. I think I get what he's really saying.

Charlie Watts played with death, and the mane in the New King of Paris Sunday for "A, B, 100 and 500 to the Boogie, Woogie." The next to die at 24 and he was among the chief attractions of "Summer" Paris Saint-Germain-en-laye J according to which 'in Kent, and Jonathan, and Joyce Stacy 8 day before the Ides of October.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 1, 2011 09:28

jpasc95
Hi people,
Our beloved drummer Charlie has given an interview saying that the Rolling Stones will perhaps give some concerts in 2012
That's all I saw on a french news channel...no more info on the interview, where and when he gave it.

in fact Charlie is in France
more info below

(AFP) – Il y a 11 heures
PARIS — Charlie Watts, le batteur des Rolling Stones, estime que le groupe donnera "peut-être" quelques concerts en 2012, année où il fêtera ses 50 ans, mais le musicien "doute" d'une tournée, a-t-il indiqué vendredi à l'AFP.

"Je suppose que, si nous parvenons à nous arranger, nous ferons quelques concerts", mais "je doute que nous fassions une tournée", a-t-il déclaré lors d'un entretien.

C'est "principalement la maison de disques" qui marquera le coup, peut-être avec un documentaire, a-t-il avancé.

Dans un entretien au quotidien français Le Parisien la semaine dernière, Mick Jagger, interrogé sur une tournée l'année prochaine avait déclaré : "Peut-être. On discute mais je ne suis pas sûr d'être prêt à m'embarquer dans un périple à travers les 100 plus grandes villes du monde".

Selon le journal, le groupe serait cependant attendu en France en 2013 dans le cadre d'une tournée.

Charlie Watts se produira dimanche au New Morning à Paris avec son quartette "The A, B, C & D of Boogie-Woogie". Le lendemain, il sera une des têtes d'affiche de la 24e édition du festival "L'estival" de Saint-Germain-en-Laye,j en région parisienne, où se produiront également Joyce Jonathan et Stacey Kent jusqu'au 8 octobre.

That be good enough for me ... the Stones live in 2012, somewhere or other !! Bring it on !! Yippeeeeeeee !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 1, 2011 09:36

Not bad at all. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 1, 2011 10:09

Encouraging.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 1, 2011 10:44

Good old Charlie.Given us a little bit more hope than yesterday. winking smiley

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: October 1, 2011 10:49

do I misunderstand something? Does "I doubt that we do a tour" not mean that he doubts that there will be a tour? confused smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 1, 2011 11:39

Charlie thinks probably not going to tour ,but play some shows in 2012.Lots of possibilities there for next year,but will have to wait and see. Mick loves to keep us thinking and when he knows,and is ready ,he will tell the world.Maybe by the end of 2011 or start of 2012.Always a bit of a gloomy time after Christmas and New Year and would make a lot of people very happy then.Could all work around the 'situation' with Keith maybe. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 1, 2011 12:10

But at least to my ears what Charlie says there is quite in line with Jagger's lately sayings (they were in the same meeting, right?grinning smiley). Something will happen, the anniversary will be remembered some how (documents, releases - Charlie hints to the direction of record company being effective here), which most probably will mean including some shows. But what goes for a tour, that sounds like out of question at the moment. But of course, if the shows go alright, and the old diesel starts running again, who knows where it will lead...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-01 12:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2011 12:54

Maybe we'll get a string of luxury shows in selected major cities (L.A. N.Y. London Paris Tokyo etc) with tix prices to boot... confused smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 1, 2011 17:09

When you look at tours like 1969 and 1972 they only lasted three months.

So that's the fantasy, a three-month tour of arenas with reasonable ticket prices, a stripped-down band, and basic lighting, no extra gimmicks.

Now if only it was about 1983 then it could have all worked. You can't turn the clock back on the boys, or the fans.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 1, 2011 17:18

MileHigh

So that's the fantasy, a three-month tour of arenas with reasonable ticket prices, a stripped-down band, and basic lighting, no extra gimmicks.

Now if only it was about 1983 then it could have all worked. You can't turn the clock back on the boys, or the fans.

Would Mick wear the jump suit then?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 1, 2011 17:24

treaclefingers
MileHigh

Would Mick wear the jump suit then?

As long as he doesn't wear that awful headpiece with all the feathers, or whatever that was.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 1, 2011 17:27

elunsi
do I misunderstand something? Does "I doubt that we do a tour" not mean that he doubts that there will be a tour? confused smiley

Thanks for the information,J.P smileys with beer
It means Charlie said he think there won't be a tour,at least the same kind of tour the Stones did these last years .A few gigs may be ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 1, 2011 18:04

No big surprise from CW - didn't expect them to do a major 2-3 years stadium tour. To my taste, I would rather like seeing them in smaller arenas. Have seem them > 10 times on stadiums, now it is time for a closer look.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 1, 2011 18:17

Sipuncula
Here is a quick google translation:

(AFP) - There are 11 hours
PARIS - Charlie Watts, drummer of the Rolling Stones, said the group will "maybe" a few concerts in 2012, when he turns 50, but the musician "doubt" on tour, he said Friday AFP.

"I suppose if we are able to arrange, we will do some concerts," but "I doubt that we do a tour," he said in an interview.

It is "primarily the record" which will mark the spot, perhaps with a documentary, he argued.

In an interview with French daily Le Parisien last week, Mick Jagger, when asked about a tour next year, said: "Maybe. There was discussion but I'm not sure you are ready to embark on a journey through the 100 largest cities in the world. "

The newspaper said the group would however be expected in France in 2013 as part of a tour.

Charlie Watts will perform Sunday at the New Morning in Paris with his quartet "The A, B, C & D of Boogie-Woogie." The next day he will be one of the headliners of the 24th edition of the festival "The Summer" Saint-Germain-en-Laye, near Paris j, which will also occur Joyce Jonathan and Stacey Kent until October 8 .

...and here it is translated to English then to Czech and then Dutch and back to English:

(AFP) - Is 11 hours
PARIS - Charlie Watts, drummer of The Rolling Stones, said the group will "maybe" and several concerts in 2012, when he turns 50, but a musician "doubt" on the road, he told AFP Friday.

"I think if we can ensure that we do some concerts," but "I doubt that we will make the trip," he said in an interview.

It is "first and foremost record", which would mean a place, perhaps with the documentary, he argued.

In an interview with French daily Le Parisien last week, Mick Jagger, when asked about the trip next year, said: "Maybe there was a disagreement, but I'm sure you're ready to embark on a journey through the 100 largest cities. in the world. "

Newspaper said the group would not be expected in France in 2013 as part of the trip.

Charlie Watts will play on Sunday at the New Morning in Paris, with his quartet "A, B, C and D on the boogie-woogie". The next day he will be one of the main attractions at the 24th festival "Summer" Saint-Germain-en-Laye near Paris j, which also will be Jonathan Joyce and Stacey Kent to 8 October.

I laughed my butt off here. English to Czech to Dutch to English. Hilarious stuff.

I swear, if anyone is ever bored, try running a short piece through several languages back to its original and see what you get. Not only will you not be able to stop yourself from laughing, but you might also get some insight as to why there are so many problems at the United Nations.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 1, 2011 19:21

Laughable indeed !!!!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:37

I have a bad feeling this means the big fans will be left out in the cold while the VIPs are inside enjoying each others company ignoring The Stones. Such is life...

Date: October 2, 2011 01:04

frankotero
I have a bad feeling this means the big fans will be left out in the cold while the VIPs are inside enjoying each others company ignoring The Stones. Such is life...

Don't be such a Negative Nancy. smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 2, 2011 01:07

Everyone with at least 10.000 post on IORR wil be invited, don't you think Lee?

Date: October 2, 2011 01:09

NICOS

Hey now! I like that idea!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 2, 2011 01:28

Edith Grove
NICOS

And you think there are a lot of nonsensical posts now?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 2, 2011 02:08

great.

Date: October 2, 2011 02:47

tatters
Edith Grove
NICOS

If a nonsensical post can put a smile on someone's face just for a few seconds, then it's worth something.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 2, 2011 02:49

Edith Grove
tatters
Edith Grove
NICOS

If a nonsensical post can put a smile on someone's face just for a few seconds, then it's worth something.

How much is a grimace on someone's face worth?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 2, 2011 02:51

Edith Grove
NICOS

No way guys. Just the enthuiastic newbies! They already have you guys in the bag, they are still looking for a new fresh audience (suckers). ...lol peace.

Date: October 2, 2011 02:52

tatters
Edith Grove
tatters
Edith Grove
NICOS

How much is a grimace on someone's face worth?

Narcissism sucks, dude. You need help.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home