Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what Exile sounds like to me
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 30, 2011 08:36

What I find cool about exile is that it feels like they weren't as focused on making an album as they had been but that didn't matter because it was still great.

but the truth was that they could not make a better album than this ......At this point in most rock-bands history they split, Stones did not and I'm of course thankful that they didn't...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 09:39

It sounds like what Mick said it sounds like in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2011 09:47

Come On
What I find cool about exile is that it feels like they weren't as focused on making an album as they had been but that didn't matter because it was still great.

but the truth was that they could not make a better album than this ......At this point in most rock-bands history they split, Stones did not and I'm of course thankful that they didn't...

The actual truth is no one could make a better rock album than this.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 30, 2011 10:07

Easy to say 2011 as you probably didn't bought it the day it was released as I did and got dissapointed cause you then compared it with Stones earlier albums (only top-albums) and with Bowies Ziggy or Reeds Transformer which was top of the bill 1972....

I can shout out that Frank Sinatra's best album and the best album ever made is 'My Kind of Broadway' from 1965 for example, cause I heard it years after and can't compare it in a correct way with his earlier albums from that point because I wasn't there buying his records...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2011 17:00

Come On

Easy to say 2011 as you probably didn't bought it the day it was released as I did and got dissapointed cause you then compared it with Stones earlier albums (only top-albums) and with Bowies Ziggy or Reeds Transformer which was top of the bill 1972....

I can shout out that Frank Sinatra's best album and the best album ever made is 'My Kind of Broadway' from 1965 for example, cause I heard it years after and can't compare it in a correct way with his earlier albums from that point because I wasn't there buying his records...

Well, the 'test of time' is a pretty good test I'd say, so even if I didnt' buy it the day it was released, I did buy it 10 years later, and have had 30 or so years to digest it. It's one of the few albums where I don't want to skip a song, which is pretty nice for 4 sides of vinyl. Still love Transformer too, but prefer VU's Nico and Loaded.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 30, 2011 17:04

stupidguy2
One of the myths about Exile to me was its so-called decadence

Why, was Keith's house falling apart and they were living in squaller? From the pictures I've seen they certainly weren't decadent.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:01

love exile but have been curious about a comment mick once made yrs ago about the wrong mixes being released. if that's really the case that would of made an interesting bonus cd for last yrs re issue

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:12

Send It To me
that record sounds like being poor and not giving a shit

That's why we love it ...not giving a shit!!!!!! Got to scrape that shit right off your shoes
Poor This low down bitchin' got my poor feet a itchin',

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:16

NICOS
Send It To me
that record sounds like being poor and not giving a shit

That's why we love it ...not giving a shit!!!!!! Got to scrape that shit right off your shoes
Poor This low down bitchin' got my poor feet a itchin',

"Set, game and match for NICOS"

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home