Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: MICHAEL JACKSON High as a KITE - UNBELIEVABLE !!! (1 & 1/2 months before his death)
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: September 28, 2011 17:46

This guy was in pain. This is sad yet, I wouldn't mind being SLIGHTLY out of it when work and life and family and sh*tty friends become a bit too much. Then again this is way beyond "A BIT" or SLIGHTLY" High. Michael needed to put the breaks on and get the best professional help the world has to offer. That's what I would have done if I had his kind of mulla. He didn't seem to have a peaceful life. I knew a guy that worked with Michael on the last albums and supposedly he was a great guy, great but different (nothing wrong with that) It's a sad story all around.50 is way too early.

[www.youtube.com]

HE WASN'T DONE, STILL FULL OF AMAZING TALENT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 17:51 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: MICHAEL JACKSON High as a KITE - UNBELIEVABLE !!! (1 & 1/2 months before his death)
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 28, 2011 20:25

I know he was a weirdo, but what a waste of talent.

Re: OT: MICHAEL JACKSON High as a KITE - UNBELIEVABLE !!! (1 & 1/2 months before his death)
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 28, 2011 20:46

Although never been a fan myself, I really like his solo stuff from albums Off The Wall and Thriller. Tough his later works were more into pop he still did some good things on Dangerous. The stuff with Slash was very powerful. Plus the peak of Dangerous popularity was during my childhood so a lot of these songs just stuck in my head for good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2011 21:46

The first album I ever bought when I was 7 years old in 1970-The Jackson 5 Greatest Hits.
Was never a huge fan of anything after that (including his massive solo career hits), but admittedly he was a great talent from the beginning.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:13

I can't believe they're trying to blame the doctor for his death. His family ought to be on trial.They're the ones that used him all their lives and ultimately responsible for his death.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:34

CrissCrossMind, why don't you go and post the photo of MJ dead on a gurney while you're at it?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 28, 2011 23:29

I felt the same way about Michael's death as I did about Elvis. No surprise...thankful they were out of their obvious misery for a very long time.
Michael is like a textbook case. Sorry for his devoted mother who had tried to live in denial for a very long time. And some of those brothers and sisters should be ashamed...are you listening, Jermaine? Always hustling their latest "product."

Don't know if this has been mentioned but last night there was a breakdown of the jury and many of them are related to people who have, had addiction problems.
Also Dr. Murray had a number of defenders on Piers Morgan show who talked about how much he did for free and had helped them when they had no insurance. Seemed fairly for real. However, Dr. Murray had to have his head examined when he got involved with Michael.

I met Michael when he was 18 and he was a nice kid with a big nose and no sign of "white spots." Loaded with enthusiasm and telling me about going "solo." I could never have imagined what he would gradually turn into. That nutty family and the long line of enablers all over the world.

Feel sorry for the kids because sooner or later they will face reality about their father. Jermaine is telling one and all that Michael is the real father of son Paris and the daughter. NO WAY!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2011 00:44

...................... The AGE - 29 September 2011

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:14

stonesrule
Feel sorry for the kids because sooner or later they will face reality about their father. Jermaine is telling one and all that Michael is the real father of son Paris and the daughter. NO WAY!

"Son Paris" and the daughter ? Ehm... ?
I thought his daughter is called Paris (born 1998). The eldest kid, a son, is called Michael Joseph (known as "Prince", born 1997) and the youngest is Prince Michael II (nicknamed Blanket, born 2002). It doesn't really matter if he conceived those children, adopted them or used IVF. He raised them (until his untimely death), and therefore they'll always regard him as their father. It appears they were extremely fond of him, and one can only guess how deeply they were affected when he passed away so suddenly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 01:21 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:32

Good reasons to be fond of him indeed.
The man was a very inspired singer/songwriter, surrounded by great musicians. That's the way I like to remember him. This one could have been be a Stones performance:

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:57

ineedadrink
CrissCrossMind, why don't you go and post the photo of MJ dead on a gurney while you're at it?

That would be pointless and in poor taste. The vocal recordings show how "close to the edge" he was allowed to get with multiple prescription drugs (I mean, his Doctor was the one that made the recording). It's a totally different thing, gotta look below the surface my man...

Date: September 29, 2011 02:26

Sorry for confusing names of Michael's kids.
Yes he was their father and they loved him.
But Michael went to extremes to arrange their births and he took a load of drugs for the past twenty years plus. He was an addict and couldn't stop for long.
I can't believe that some of his drugged behaviour didn't frighten them from time to time. I'm not condeming him..But he had problems and those problems helped lead to his death.

I've had several close friends in the limelight with children who adored their dads. Drug addiction did these guys in. It has not been easy for the four girls and three boys coming to terms with the fact that their heroes engaged in some very messy high living.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 03:01 by stonesrule.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 29, 2011 03:03

If you were old enough to remember 1982-84 it was amazing! The closest thing to a repeat of the Beatles phenomenon. If you knew dance music, he was already "really really big" from Off the Wall in 1979.

I feel sorry for him in the sense that I am two months older than him and I still feel youthful and fine. The recording of his voice that was just released was shocking. He could have simply lived a good life and enjoyed. Another Elvis and it hurts if you remember how much of a good example he was back in the glory days.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 29, 2011 03:17

Who in their right mind would ever take their kid to a place called Michael Jackson's Childrens Hospital?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 03:22 by tatters.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 29, 2011 03:35

Hey hairball I was 7 in 1970 too.

MJ suffered allot on benzo withdrawL
They say it's worse than heroin because it frys your nerves for months if nOt years.

He took 8 Ativan the night he died that's equal to 160 mg of Valium.

I suspect he took that kind of amount every day.

Poor guy suffered.

Who ever gave him his first benzodiazepine sealed his fate.

Date: September 29, 2011 05:02

High doses of Ativan and Restoril were the cause of my mother's death, thanks to her caring doctor. These "pams" destroy the body inside and out. Doctor ignored my insistence to cease and desist.

Unfortunately Michael knew his drugs and he could not kick. Dr. Murray may be a nice guy who needed the money and Michael knew how to play his various enablers.
He was a walking time bomb in those last days. Dr. Murray had to know what the ultimate ending had to be. So did Michael. Through the years Michael gave so many people joy in his music and performance, including himself.

But he had problems and few ever said no to him. Including his dermatologist who helped him become a father and is said to have administered daily doses of Demerol, at Michael's insistence, at the same time Dr. Murray was going along with MJ and the propofol. You didn't say "no" to MJ if you wanted to keep the gig.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: September 29, 2011 05:45

I had to comment on this thread. I feel very bad for Michael. I did like some of his songs and he was a very talented man. Its sad the pills took over his life. As stated he could have had a nice life. I have a friend similar on cocaine, its hard to convince him to quit before he kills himself but he only has a one track mind. I do wish him the best. Myself I decided many many moons ago I wasn't gonna get into drugs and I succeeded, sure a puff of grass now and then is okay. If I need to be stoned I just reach for a beer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 05:47 by tipps.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:47

No one can argue about the man's talent, but what I have always found strange that in the end he only made 1 good and one superb album: Off the Wall and Thriller. All his other material wasn't near as good, nor did stand the test of time very well.

Mathijs

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:58

Mathijs
No one can argue about the man's talent, but what I have always found strange that in the end he only made 1 good and one superb album: Off the Wall and Thriller. All his other material wasn't near as good, nor did stand the test of time very well.

Mathijs

Off The Wall is the superb one.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 29, 2011 13:22

Stonesrule I am so sorry to hear about your mom.

Benzodiazepines are the most dangerous drugs, worse than heroin to stop because you have to taper slowly and MJ just was not educated or he just could not go through the process of getting off them.

Check this video - it ecplains a lot.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:10

Mathijs

Mathijs

The Album "Bad" scored 5 no 1 hits in America, unsurpassed as far as I know, so I always would attach an "imo" at it.
"Dirty Diana" is my favorite song from that album (that's why I posted it), and Michael had Jennifer Batten with him on stage. She did a great job imo.

I saw her in Paradiso with Jeff Beck back in the 9-tees btw, a killer performance.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: September 30, 2011 00:25

M4000D
MJ suffered allot on benzo withdrawL
Stop confusing me! I thought you were talking about Mick...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home