Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Stones are Keith's band!
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:29

I agree with Bobby Keys the Stones are defiantly Keith's band and the reason I say this is because it seems like he is the one trying to get things going again he's not off doing silly stuff like forming some group like Mick is hopefully Mick will come to his senses once this Super heavy thing fails which it will and get to work on Stones projects for there 50th anniversary.

Re: The Stones are Keith's band!
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:41

Nah, they're Brian's.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:44

Rickster
I agree with Bobby Keys the Stones are defiantly Keith's band and the reason I say this is because it seems like he is the one trying to get things going again he's not off doing silly stuff like forming some group like Mick is hopefully Mick will come to his senses once this Super heavy thing fails which it will and get to work on Stones projects for there 50th anniversary.

Why is Mick doing silly stuff, he is trying something new, it's like anyone being in the same job for nearly 50years he just wants to do something different, come on give him a break.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:54

They'll always be Stu's band.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:03

Do you think that Keith is the person the mass audience remembers? As opposed to Mick?

There was a time when many people thought of Mick and Keith as "the glimmer twins" but that was when Keith was really playing.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:11

Well, they really are Brian's and Ian's band but
since they are not available, it falls to Keith.
Charlie doesn't care really. He could go either way.

I'll give Mick credit that he sort of set the mold for
rock singers, but he's been Mick doing for a long time now.

I'd love it if Keith could find someone to front the band.
That would put Barbara in her place!

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:02

right now its no ones band

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:30

It hasn't really been Keith's band since at least Dirty Work.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:04

stones78

And that's WHY it isn't Keith's band.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:04

stones78

Pretty much but I'd say w/ Voodoo Lounge he had a brief renaissance.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:05

Nonsense, Jagger is the only one of the two working. Keith had been a caricature of himself for quite a long time now.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:43

treaclefingers
stones78

And that's WHY it isn't Keith's band.

lol..
Yeah, that's what happens.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 27, 2011 06:00

Rickster
he's not off doing silly stuff like forming some group like Mick

True. Mick didn't write a book that constantly slags his "band" mate yet alone screws up historical facts.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 06:15

And how strange it seems to be Jagger who has taken the lead on putting together and working on the deluxe issues of Exile and Some Girls.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 27, 2011 06:19

whitem8
And how strange it seems to be Jagger who has taken the lead on putting together and working on the deluxe issues of Exile and Some Girls.

Yes indeed. Talk about looking back or living in the past! Keith writes a book, Mick adds to old recordings.

The book was entertaining at the very weakest best. I'll take the new recordings, even if Mick is all nasal.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 27, 2011 07:02

As much I'd like to believe otherwise, the Stones probably haven't been Keef's band since the Sticky Fingers sessions. That was the first time we had song credits indicating no guitar parts from The Human Riff. Hell, he didn't even appear on Moonlight Mile. Very sad.

Jagger started to take things over when Keef got junksick, Keef never fully regained his former role, and here we are, 40+ years later. And therein lies the root of all the hostility between them.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: September 27, 2011 07:31

Bill Wyman said The Stones were Keith's band in response to a question about Mick making a band decision in the mid 1990's.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:09

ab
As much I'd like to believe otherwise, the Stones probably haven't been Keef's band since the Sticky Fingers sessions. That was the first time we had song credits indicating no guitar parts from The Human Riff. Hell, he didn't even appear on Moonlight Mile. Very sad.

Jagger started to take things over when Keef got junksick, Keef never fully regained his former role, and here we are, 40+ years later. And therein lies the root of all the hostility between them.

Exactly. Mick was already the driving force back then, if he hadn´t put all his energy into the band they would have fallen apart long long ago.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:47

This board is starting to remind me of a chained-up dog chewing off its' own paws from boredom.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:01

First and all, they're my band because no matter what, I love 'em.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:11

stonesrule
Do you think that Keith is the person the mass audience remembers? As opposed to Mick?

There was a time when many people thought of Mick and Keith as "the glimmer twins" but that was when Keith was really playing.

Yes I believe the masses will remember Keith far more and longer than Mick!
Because Keith stayed authentic in his role as a rock and roll star.
Jagger has become a opportunist celebraty that will be forgotten soon after the Rolling Stones has broke up! Keith on the other hand will keep his reputation as a true rock and roller!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:38

They've always been Charlies band...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-27 11:42 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:43

Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

Jagger has become a opportunist celebraty that will be forgotten soon after the Rolling Stones has broke up! Keith on the other hand will keep his reputation as a true rock and roller!

The masses don't remember people for being "authentic", they remember them for being celebrities...

Otherwise Bo Diddley would be more famous than Elvis Presley.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 27, 2011 11:05

Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

Been stoned since 1964 and still not grown up? Come on, all these stereotypes like Keith - authentic Rock'n'Roller and Mick - businessman and opportunist celeb belong in teen music mags. Keith accepts every buck of income from the Stones just as wholeheartedly as Mick or the other band members.

Date: September 27, 2011 11:08

retired_dog
Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

Been stoned since 1964 and still not grown up? Come on, all these stereotypes like Keith - authentic Rock'n'Roller and Mick - businessman and opportunist celeb belong in teen music mags. Keith accepts every buck of income from the Stones just as wholeheartedly as Mick or the other band members.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:23

Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

I dont think they will be remembered for anything they do right now, its the 60s, 70s and 80s when the story of the rock band takes place and its in the 60s, when they were a boyband, when they became famous. 60s is their mirror.
Thats why Brian Jones will never be forgotten and his name will always appear in wider contexts about the 60s, the art of being in a band, dying at 27, having the right girl, stardom, Morrisson, jam with Dylan and maybe appear in photos with Andy - and thats why Keith still to this day puts effort in rewriting history "it was Stus band, Mick has a tiny todger, I'm the authentic one in the band, Brian went to NYC to meet the hip clique and the chique". Because he knows he's a product of the 60s but he wasnt a rock star in the 60s but the 70s. It was Brian and Mick who were the stars and then it was Mick's band despite Keiths huge creations like Beggars, Bleed, Exile. Everything after the 80s is comeback-era, not part of history, not what they really are.

Keith is in for the buck and so is everyone who workes with or for the band. Bill would then be the only one who isnt, the only true rock n roller, the only one who's really down to earth. Digging for gold but still.

Date: September 27, 2011 12:33

Redhotcarpet
Fan Since 1964
stonesrule

I dont think they will be remembered for anything they do right now, its the 60s, 70s and 80s when the story of the rock band takes place and its in the 60s, when they were a boyband, when they became famous. 60s is their mirror.
Thats why Brian Jones will never be forgotten and his name will always appear in wider contexts about the 60s, the art of being in a band, dying at 27, having the right girl, stardom, Morrisson, jam with Dylan and maybe appear in photos with Andy - and thats why Keith still to this day puts effort in rewriting history "it was Stus band, Mick has a tiny todger, I'm the authentic one in the band, Brian went to NYC to meet the hip clique and the chique". Because he knows he's a product of the 60s but he wasnt a rock star in the 60s but the 70s. It was Brian and Mick who were the stars and then it was Mick's band despite Keiths huge creations like Beggars, Bleed, Exile. Everything after the 80s is comeback-era, not part of history, not what they really are.

Keith is in for the buck and so is everyone who workes with or for the band. Bill would then be the only one who isnt, the only true rock n roller, the only one who's really down to earth. Digging for gold but still.

Oh yes. Brian will remain the 2nd most famous Rolling Stone in the long term.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:49

Does it matter whose band it is? It is similar like trying to ultimately solve whether The Stones are bigger then The Beatles or vice versa. It is just not like that. The Stones are a band, that's it.

Then I don't understand why so many people are looking forward to Super Heavy to flop. I personally don't care about Super Heavy, but it is Mick obviously doing what he likes to do now, so why shoud anyone WISH him bad luck? He has a full right to do whatever he wants, just like anyone else at his age. I would be also happier if his activities were Stones connected, but if this is what he wants to do, okay, I 'won't go and buy the record, but still wish him good luck.

And back to the whose band it is - vast majority of people would be able to name only one member of the band, and that is Mick (and that applies even to the people attending a Stones' stadium gig). I also see Keith as a true soul of the band,but that is just us - sort of hardcore fans. And vast majority of the people at the stadium don't care at all who is behing that drum kit and who is on bass. I am not sayin it's right, it is deffineitely sad, but that's just the way it is.

Date: September 27, 2011 13:00

Happy24
And vast majority of the people at the stadium don't care at all who is behing that drum kit and who is on bass. I am not sayin it's right, it is deffineitely sad, but that's just the way it is.

smileys with beer

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 27, 2011 13:36

Happy24

Then I don't understand why so many people are looking forward to Super Heavy to flop. I personally don't care about Super Heavy, but it is Mick obviously doing what he likes to do now, so why shoud anyone WISH him bad luck? He has a full right to do whatever he wants, just like anyone else at his age. I would be also happier if his activities were Stones connected, but if this is what he wants to do, okay, I 'won't go and buy the record, but still wish him good luck.

They want SH to flop because they think that if it succeeds it's the end of the Stones. Personally, I like what I’ve heard so far of the album and will certainly buy it sometime soon. I’m sure it was a really fun and creative experience for all involved and a lot more satisfying for Mick than working with Keith again at this point. My own interpretation of Mick’s comment that there is “some harmony and some tension” within the Stones at the moment is that he’s fine with everyone except Keith. Honestly, I think that Mick has had it with Keith now and the Stones will not tour or record again regardless of SH being a success or not. However, Mick has spent a lot of time putting together the Exile and Some Girls reissues and may continue to work on similar projects. Keith meanwhile does nothing.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home