Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: 1981 Tour: The Stones request American Cheese & Bologna
Date: September 30, 2011 22:28

American cheese and Bologna -- what baloney. Maybe Dave Stewart will see another shining light on the top of a hill and in a flash, a brilliant idea will emerge. Stewart will attempt to create a new kind of restaurant, unlike anything done before where one could experiment and blend various cuisines from cultures across the globe - Jamaican, Indian, English, soul food.... and he will call on Mick and Joss and Damian and Rahman... and also include Thongchai McIntyre, Emmanuel Uwechue. Can't wait to see how good the food turns out.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2011 00:12

............I grew up eatin' under the stars.......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:28

I would urge Americans to avoid stereotyping food or any other aspect of non-US life or culture [[u]especially the Arab ones[/u]], because it would take years of hands-on information gathering to grasp the big picture. smoking smiley

Posted by: Turdontherun ()
Date: October 1, 2011 14:24

SwayStones
Turdontherun
I will probably be francophile only until I visit France. I have heard from several people that France is really something (a pain in the ass, that is). Myself, I love France and everything french! Especially Gitanes.

I can't believe you "smoke Gitanes" unless you are found of of Serge G.smoking smiley
Why? I think they taste great! Are they considered cigarettes "for old men" in France, or what? smiling smiley

I can see a pattern here... I always seem to fall for cigarettes younger people never buy, whatever the country!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 1, 2011 14:33

In the end - who pays for those requests? Isn't it just added to the band's bill? I can understand that you make extravagant lists when someone else takes up the bill.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 1, 2011 15:30

Stoneage
In the end - who pays for those requests? Isn't it just added to the band's bill? I can understand that you make extravagant lists when someone else takes up the bill.

In the end, we pay for it.

Date: October 1, 2011 16:09

Serge G. ? As in Gainsbourg? Love him.
And Gitanes. Do they still make Celtique?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 1, 2011 17:48

Turdontherun
SwayStones
Turdontherun
I will probably be francophile only until I visit France. I have heard from several people that France is really something (a pain in the ass, that is). Myself, I love France and everything french! Especially Gitanes.

I can't believe you "smoke Gitanes" unless you are found of of Serge G.smoking smiley
Why? I think they taste great! Are they considered cigarettes "for old men" in France, or what? smiling smiley

I can see a pattern here... I always seem to fall for cigarettes younger people never buy, whatever the country!

With filter or without filter ?Classic "Brunes" or blondes ? Lights ?
I wasn't saying they are considered for "old men" but it's just they are so strong -I quit smoking cigarettes 14 years ago & never smoked Gitanes of course - but I remember that kissing someone who smoked Gitanes wasn't that pleasant :-)no offense meant smiling smiley
Nowadays in France I can't recall when was the last time I saw somebody smoking Gitanes. I think the most popular cigarette brand in France is Marlboro.

Back in the mid 80's ,I remember that I bought some Lucky Strike packets after having seen a good looking G.I on a LS commercial :-)

Now it was like "how to jump from the American cheese to Mac Donalds to Lucky Strike " lol

Posted by: Turdontherun ()
Date: October 1, 2011 20:39

SwayStones
Turdontherun
SwayStones
Turdontherun

With filter or without filter ?Classic "Brunes" or blondes ? Lights ?
I wasn't saying they are considered for "old men" but it's just they are so strong -I quit smoking cigarettes 14 years ago & never smoked Gitanes of course - but I remember that kissing someone who smoked Gitanes wasn't that pleasant :-)no offense meant smiling smiley
Nowadays in France I can't recall when was the last time I saw somebody smoking Gitanes. I think the most popular cigarette brand in France is Marlboro.

Back in the mid 80's ,I remember that I bought some Lucky Strike packets after having seen a good looking G.I on a LS commercial :-)

Now it was like "how to jump from the American cheese to Mac Donalds to Lucky Strike " lol
No worries! It was my own assumption Gitanes were cigarettes for old folks. I can say I almost never smoke tobacco without filter -- it's quite harsh, to say the least. Too tough for me and my (already sore) throat. The "Brunes" are certainly my favourites, but "Blondes" are OK as well. Gitanes Light? Never heard of 'em. winking smiley

My general opinion on this matter is cigarettes SHOULD taste tobacco -- an intense taste, that is! Strong cigarettes are the only ones I buy. In the UK, for instance, regular B&H are the best choice among the common ones. Of course they never come close to Gitanes in taste anyway!

Conclusion: Gitanes rule!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 1, 2011 21:14

From4tilLate
All I know is everything in The Netherlands needed salt and pepper.

In regards to Dutch food, the "food" in England and Ireland makes Dutch food seem like the greatest thing on the planet.

Date: October 1, 2011 21:14

That request by the Stones is possibly the most disgusting thing ever. It has to be a joke.

Date: October 1, 2011 21:21

Max'sKansasCity
With that said, there is plenty of great American food... Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobser, Alaskan king crab, Kansas City barbeque, Chicago Pizza, New England Clam Chowder, Southern fried chicken, New Orlean Cajun..

New Orleans is not Cajun. Not sure what a lobser is though. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Barbeque is the worst American food period. The Midwest seems to have perfected its blandness to reflect the Midwest - from where the Rockies rise up in Colorado to the Mississippi River border of Missouri and Illinois - pretty much flat and boring. BBQ sauce on everything - ice cream, in milk, you name it. There is no actual tasting the food because, well, there's nothing to taste really but it's gotta be better than BBQ sauce...

And if you meant to leave out crab items from Delaware etc that's fine because it would be inaccurate - because all of the crabs there come from the Lake Ponchartrain/Lake Borgne area of Louisiana.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 1, 2011 21:43

- Doxa

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:36

DragonSky
Max'sKansasCity
With that said, there is plenty of great American food... Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobser, Alaskan king crab, Kansas City barbeque, Chicago Pizza, New England Clam Chowder, Southern fried chicken, New Orlean Cajun..

New Orleans is not Cajun. Not sure what a lobser is though. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Barbeque is the worst American food period. The Midwest seems to have perfected its blandness to reflect the Midwest - from where the Rockies rise up in Colorado to the Mississippi River border of Missouri and Illinois - pretty much flat and boring. BBQ sauce on everything - ice cream, in milk, you name it. There is no actual tasting the food because, well, there's nothing to taste really but it's gotta be better than BBQ sauce...

And if you meant to leave out crab items from Delaware etc that's fine because it would be inaccurate - because all of the crabs there come from the Lake Ponchartrain/Lake Borgne area of Louisiana.

wut?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 11, 2011 19:41

Here's your chance to try to find the American cheese and Bologna:

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 11, 2011 22:52

Today I was watching the latest episode in VOST from DHW when I heard about
[en.wikipedia.org]

Thought "sloppy Joe " was a funny name for a hamburger .

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home