Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
A friend of mine met Bobby Keys last night....
Posted by: R ()
Date: September 23, 2011 16:47

....in Minneapolis. He was there for a 20th Anniversary screening of Hail, Hail Rock And Roll.

Bobby basically said he wouldn't talk about the tour because he didn't know anything. As he put it, "Everybody in the world knows about it except the people in the band." He also apparently said, interestingly enough, "At the end of the day the Stones are Keith's band," whatever that may infer...

Re: A friend of mine met Bobby Keys last night....
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: September 23, 2011 17:27

R
....in Minneapolis. He was there for a 20th Anniversary screening of Hail, Hail Rock And Roll.

Bobby basically said he wouldn't talk about the tour because he didn't know anything. As he put it, "Everybody in the world knows about it except the people in the band." He also apparently said, interestingly enough, "At the end of the day the Stones are Keith's band," whatever that may infer...

That infers (as most people know) that Bobby has always been in Keith's camp. Keith and Bobby became very close, they started seeing each other as soulmates when they realised they were born on the same day.
Jagger has been opposed to Bobby's involvement in the past (he was fired for being "totally out of it" ) and it's unlikely there has been an extreme shift in MJ's opinion since that moment. However, at some point he decided to tolerate Keys' presence on tour. Basically Bobby was allowed to come along for the ride (again) because Keith wanted it to be that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-23 17:30 by Lightnin'.

Date: September 23, 2011 17:37

Lightnin'
R

That infers (as most people know) that Bobby has always been in Keith's camp. Keith and Bobby became very close, they started seeing each other as soulmates when they realised they were born on the same day.
Jagger has been opposed to Bobby's involvement in the past (he was fired for being "totally out of it" ) and it's unlikely there has been an extreme shift in MJ's opinion since that moment. However, at some point he decided to tolerate Keys' presence on tour. Basically Bobby was allowed to come along for the ride (again) because Keith wanted it to be that way.

Bobby was back playing with the Stones as early as 1976. Not regularly before 1981, though. In 1989 he was back in the steady line up again.

Bobby had drug problems. I don´t think Mick was that opposed to Bobby´s involvement as Keith wants us to believe.

Date: September 23, 2011 17:52

I would imagine Mick's only resistance to Bobby was the same problem he used to have with Mac in the late seventies and early eighties. I don't think he had it in for them so much as he was frustrated that they would get out of hand at the cost of professionalism and bring Keith and/or Ronnie down with them. From an addict's point of view, that's persecution. Like when you repeatedly tell a friend to slow down. You're not cool any more. You're a downer. That's how Mick ends up perceived as not liking people. If he really didn't like Bobby, he wouldn't call attention to him before his solos.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 23, 2011 18:10

Maybe Mick does not dislike Bobby, but Bobby seems to really dislike Mick. Keith seems to collect people around him who don´t like Mick, like Bobby or Jane Rose (who imo even hates Mick), but who worship Keith ;-) Will be interesting when Bobby´s book comes out, how anti-Mick it will be...

Date: September 23, 2011 18:13

Nobody likes to hear the word "no" or to hear that others think they can't handle something. Nothing new there.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 23, 2011 20:13

WilliamPatrickMaynard
I would imagine Mick's only resistance to Bobby was the same problem he used to have with Mac in the late seventies and early eighties. I don't think he had it in for them so much as he was frustrated that they would get out of hand at the cost of professionalism and bring Keith and/or Ronnie down with them. From an addict's point of view, that's persecution. Like when you repeatedly tell a friend to slow down. You're not cool any more. You're a downer. That's how Mick ends up perceived as not liking people. If he really didn't like Bobby, he wouldn't call attention to him before his solos.

Exactly - more to do with Bobby/Mac getting too messed up, nothing personal.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 23, 2011 22:19

R

Isn't he a bit late?

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: September 23, 2011 22:19

I have almost finished reading Life and from what I have read so far Keith says everything was basically all him . He had all of the basic songs(He begrugdingly gave a nod to Mick for a couple of songs) he had the sounds and the basic lyrics and handed them to Mick. After reading Keith's book he makes it sound like the rest of the band was shit compared to him. He didn't care for Brian after a while . It sounded like he never gave two shits about Bill. Other then to seperate him from his amp(even after Bill gave him herion in jail he still never really said anything nice about the guy). I know this guy loves to blows stories up to be bigger then they really were but damn who died and made him God. In reading this book I can't say that Jagger was totally wrong after putting up with this guys Bullshit for ten years of being a junkie to give him the cold shoulder when he finally got cleaned up. . And this is how Kieth repays him. By shitting on the guy. I wouldn't blame Jagger at all if he didn't play with him again. They don't need the money and we don't need a half ass vegas act tour because they managed to make it for 50 years. Om I am done with my Rant.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 23, 2011 23:13

HEADLY, I like it when others say what you've said. Keith was his own worst enemy with LIFE! He comes off as a vindictive BITCH! Very jealous and bitter. In many ways, without trying, Keith has made Mick a very sympathetic character, almost saintly for having put up with Keith's childish BS for all those years.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 24, 2011 01:45

Bobby was back playing with the Stones as early as 1975

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 24, 2011 01:49

Gazza
R

Isn't he a bit late?

That's what I was thinking (it was filmed in '86, released in '88).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 24, 2011 01:59

Sleepy City
Gazza
R

Isn't he a bit late?

yeah yeah details details, do the math guys, it was obviously the 25th anniversary. peace.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:06

dcba
Bobby was back playing with the Stones as early as 1975

But not as a regular member of the tour.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:20

Naturalust
Sleepy City
Gazza
R

Isn't he a bit late?

yeah yeah details details, do the math guys, it was obviously the 25th anniversary. peace.

Then it was a few weeks early...

Date: September 24, 2011 02:32

Sleepy City
Naturalust
Sleepy City
Gazza
R

Isn't he a bit late?

Then it was a few weeks early...

If only i could be that 'on it' when it came to the wife's and my anniversary. peace.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 24, 2011 05:15

elunsi
Maybe Mick does not dislike Bobby, but Bobby seems to really dislike Mick. Keith seems to collect people around him who don´t like Mick, like Bobby or Jane Rose (who imo even hates Mick), but who worship Keith ;-) Will be interesting when Bobby´s book comes out, how anti-Mick it will be...[/[/b]quote]

You don't really expect anything-"anti" from someone that depending from the Stones and especially Mick . .

Date: September 24, 2011 05:43

Yes. Thank You Mickschix. While I am syre Mick was and probably still is pretty arrogant there was no need for him to bash he bandmates like he did. Just uncalled for and may have just sunk the band once and for all

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: September 24, 2011 05:48

mickschix
HEADLY, I like it when others say what you've said. Keith was his own worst enemy with LIFE! He comes off as a vindictive BITCH! Very jealous and bitter. In many ways, without trying, Keith has made Mick a very sympathetic character, almost saintly for having put up with Keith's childish BS for all those years.

...but, you'll never make a saint of Mick...

Date: September 24, 2011 05:53

lol. Nope. no halo on that guy that's for sure.

Date: September 24, 2011 07:34

headly123
Yes. Thank You Mickschix. While I am syre Mick was and probably still is pretty arrogant there was no need for him to bash he bandmates like he did. Just uncalled for and may have just sunk the band once and for all

well I read Life, twice now. Loved it. Thought Keith gave Mick a pretty nice rub overall in the book. Of course he was rightly pissed that Brenda negotiated a solo deal, secretly, on the back of the stones contract. What a scoundrel. He deserves a little bitch slapping for that. I think everything Keith said was basically true, how angry could MJ be? He's obviously got thick enough skin to survive the backlash from his Rolling Stones betrayal. OF COURSE, the book didn't sink the band. You guys are barking up the wrong tree. peace.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: September 24, 2011 08:39

I am pretty sure Bobby has said that Keith won't tour without him...am I right about him saying this?

Date: September 24, 2011 08:51

georgeV
I am pretty sure Bobby has said that Keith won't tour without him...am I right about him saying this?

You're probably right but I doubt Keith actually said it. peace.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 24, 2011 09:35

Naturalust
georgeV

Why do you end every post with 'peace'? Are you a rapper from the late 80s? peace.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 24, 2011 10:25

Naturalust
You guys are barking up the wrong tree

Nope, wrong thread smiling smiley
[www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 24, 2011 10:52

fiftyamp
Naturalust
georgeV

Why do you end every post with 'peace'? Are you a rapper from the late 80s? peace.

well, mostly because it pisses off the trolls.lol.... It also keeps things in perspective and disarms someone who thinks I really take myself very seriously. Strange how my signoff effects people, its just a word, and a nice idea. God knows we need more of it in this troubled world. peace.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 24, 2011 11:53

Naturalust
fiftyamp
Naturalust
georgeV

well, mostly because it pisses off the trolls.lol.... It also keeps things in perspective and disarms someone who thinks I really take myself very seriously. Strange how my signoff effects people, its just a word, and a nice idea. God knows we need more of it in this troubled world. peace.

Very true.Anyone who supports peace in the world gets my support. thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 24, 2011 12:06

headly123

I do understand Mick, if he didn't / doesn't want to tour with Stones, if most of them are drunk or on drugs.
Bill didn't like it either, he was sick and tired of the drug / drinking too much atmosphere.

Date: September 24, 2011 12:55

mtaylor
headly123

I do understand Mick, if he didn't / doesn't want to tour with Stones, if most of them are drunk or on drugs.
Bill didn't like it either, he was sick and tired of the drug / drinking too much atmosphere.

If he is sick of that atmosphere why did he take up with the likes of Damien Marley and Dave S.? Why is he still in the music biz at all? Although I don't recommend taking drugs or drinking while trying to perform, it is still very prevalent worldwide for the audience members and rock and roll players in general. Besides, people gotta let their hair dowm every now and then. I think it enhanced the experience for me , for several concerts I have seen using one or both of those things, although I don't quite remember. I think the key is not every day and not too much. lol peace.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: September 25, 2011 00:51

Naturalust
mtaylor
headly123

If he is sick of that atmosphere why did he take up with the likes of Damien Marley and Dave S.? Why is he still in the music biz at all? Although I don't recommend taking drugs or drinking while trying to perform, it is still very prevalent worldwide for the audience members and rock and roll players in general. Besides, people gotta let their hair dowm every now and then. I think it enhanced the experience for me , for several concerts I have seen using one or both of those things, although I don't quite remember. I think the key is not every day and not too much. lol peace.

Amen to that, Sonny.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home