Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's white guitar from Steel Wheels
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 23, 2011 09:56

Has it vanished for twenty years? I don't think its been used since.

Re: Keith's white guitar from Steel Wheels
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:12

The Music Man Silhouette. I have one and think they're great guitars, the older ones. It's true that he and Wood have retired them. I think Keith was attracted to it because the neck and feel is very similar to the Dan Armstrong.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:16

I have a white Silhouette from 90-91. I just set it up, as it hadn't been played in 10 or so years. What a great guitar! Fast neck!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:55

What was that horrible sounding acoustic-electric thing that he used around this time (on Paint It Black etc)?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 23, 2011 11:50

Keith has given the black one away and was later pupt up for sale on Ebay, the white one is still there, and was used during the '03 to '06 period for rehearsals and studio recordings. Wood used a EB SH for some of his latest solo shows.

Mathijs

Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: September 23, 2011 12:28

Sleepy City
What was that horrible sounding acoustic-electric thing that he used around this time (on Paint It Black etc)?

A Tom Anderson Telecaster, as far as I can remember...

Date: September 23, 2011 12:33

hummingbird
Sleepy City

with nylon strings!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: September 23, 2011 13:09

DandelionPowderman
hummingbird
Sleepy City

with nylon strings!

It's a solid-body electric nylon string bult by renown NYC luthier Roger Sadowsky. Keith's nickname for it is "electric guts." I'm sure it would sound better today given the improvemnets in pickups and acoustic guitar amplification but he doesn't play it anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-23 13:17 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 23, 2011 13:13

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman
hummingbird
Sleepy City

with nylon strings!

It's a solid-body electric nylon string bult by renown NYC luthier Roger Sadowsky. I'm sure it would sound better today given the improvemnets in pickups and acoustic guitar amplification but Keith doesn't play it anymore.

Thanks all! thumbs up

A reminder...

Date: September 23, 2011 13:55

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman
hummingbird
Sleepy City

with nylon strings!

It's a solid-body electric nylon string bult by renown NYC luthier Roger Sadowsky. Keith's nickname for it is "electric guts." I'm sure it would sound better today given the improvemnets in pickups and acoustic guitar amplification but he doesn't play it anymore.

Yep, I know. Actually, I think it sounded nice on the tracks where he wasn´t strumming that much, like on Ruby Tuesday and Paint It Black. On Angie and Play With Fire it didn´t work so well on the SW-tour, imo.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 23, 2011 14:26

I loved his intro to Paint it Black that tour.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 23, 2011 15:52

This tour gets ripped because it is the beginning of the "Vegas" era, but the Stones put a lot of musical effort in the shows. More playing - less waving!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 23, 2011 16:37

Just showed what the Stones could do with a well rehearsed stage show. Superb stuff.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 23, 2011 16:58

ablett
Just showed what the Stones could do with a well rehearsed stage show. Superb stuff.

Yes. The Stones at one o their many peaks.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 23, 2011 17:42

Yeah he was really, really into those EBs for a few years. Didn't he play them with some frequency on the Winos 92 tours as well, before he went back to the Tele in 94? I have never played one myself. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen one in person.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home