Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - So much said in 10 minutes - (I Think THE STONES are Finished)
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:06

from the cake-talk it's obvious that for the 50th anniv they'll reissue let it bleed.

JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - NOTHING NEW !!!
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:06

carlostones10
I saw the interview.
[abcnews.go.com]
Nothing new.

Thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - NOTHING NEW !!!
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:26

Rolling Hansie
carlostones10
I saw the interview.
[abcnews.go.com]
Nothing new.

Thank you

Keep on Rolling, good friend! smileys with beer

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - So much said in 10 minutes - (I Think THE STONES are Finished)
Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:29

A la limite, on s'en fout.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:45

The days of the Stones playing together for the love of the music is over. If and when they get together again it will be for the money only. IMHO.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 22, 2011 16:48

sirdoug
The days of the Stones playing together for the love of the music is over. If and when they get together again it will be for the money only. IMHO.

Everyone's known that for over a decade.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:00

Let me spin too...LOL

With regards to next year....after the cake comment...Mick said...exactly...quote..."I don't know what we're gonna do."
To me that sounds like they're at least talking about things.

Cheers

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:07

Here's a stream of the Nightline-interview, it's got some different bits than the ABC News:

[abcnews.go.com]

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 17:26 by NeddieFlanders.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:21

Theres noting there that would indicate the tour couldnt happen...hope it does tho cause SUPERHEAVY is supercrap..come on Mick didnt you learn anything from the solo lps and tours of the 80s...

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:25

Bill Wyman was on British Breakfast TV this morning. At least he will go on tour.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

N

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:41

Do some you of guys actually listen to what is being said or read what is being written? There is NOTHING new here.

Jagger is not going to announce a new Stones tour/album while promoting this Superheavy side project. It's as simple as that. A new tour is going to be a major worldwide media event and not a one sentence blurb on Good Morning America to an awestruck host in the presence of Mick Jagger.

It's the media and a few delusional fans who are reading far more into Richards book than Jagger. As a matter of fact I haven't heard Jagger say anything about it except that he hasn't read it...Is there tension in the band...Uh, yes, this is the Rolling Stones we are talking about. What has changed in the last 30+ years?

On the flip side Jagger has said that he is writting and performing new songs with Charlie Watts that would be a good fit for new Stones music. We know that at least Jagger has put some work into the Some Girls deluxe album that comes out in November (you may get more Stones answers there) and all members of the band have publicly stated that they are considering a tour in 2012...Where do you get that the Stones are done form this? Don't forget these guys are 70 years old and it's not 1972 anymore.

Assuming continued good health the Stones will roll at some point in the near future with some kind of a new project. I suggest everyone just chill out and understand that it is far more likely that the Stones will be back in the near future than simply announce that they are done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 17:42 by James Kirk.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 22, 2011 17:50

i kinda wish the stones would announce their retirement already so some of you can finally unbutton your shirt and relax.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 22, 2011 19:05

I disagree. I want the Stones to continue. I would actually prefer that they hit the studio with the intention of making another truly classic cd than a long drawn out overly expensive stadium tour.

I'm glad to hear Mick and Charlie are working up some blues numbers. Maybe that is a good sign of things to come.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 22, 2011 19:14

Oh goodie....another lame ass THE STONES ARE FINISHED thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 19:14 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 22, 2011 19:45

northernale1
btw i watched the interview there was nothing new,,

and there waas nothing to give implication of no stones projects,,

it was what it was, and that is to promote super heavy,,

and yes they are his NEW band,, as they are a NEW BAND<,, I dont see how you spin that into no stones project,,

like I said before Mick will not show his cards to the last minute,, and he does like toying with people, his non answer was just that a non answer,,

so you SPIN DOCTORS,,, just keep SPINNING<<

Well said Northernale1. This is just much ado about nothing, Mick knows what he is doing and I have 200% confidence that the Rolling Stones will tour again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 19:48 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 22, 2011 20:12

I saw the group interview and thought that Mick had decided to say the cake remark in case he was asked about tour possibilities.
He was having fun with the audience by saying he would be jumping out in a dress. Joss Stone asked, with earrings? And Mick
said, yes, big earrings.

It goes along with how he had recently filmed L'Wren's parade of models and said he wanted to wear the first dress, but it
that it was probably too small.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: September 22, 2011 21:23

Gazza
f**k me. The sheer paranoia and lack of basic comprehensive ability amongst Stones fans reaches new levels of absurdity with each passing day.

What truly amazes me is how so many long time Stones fanatics still don't understand how they operate. I mean, they are winking at us and we just don't get it! Not all of us of course.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 22, 2011 21:52

I mean...really...get a life! A new thread every day with no-news about a tour is getting a bit obsessive. However, I can understand that younger fans who hadn't had the chance to see them that often are desperately waiting for a tour announcement. For me, basically it's all been said and done. I don't expect anything that I haven't seen before. In fact I fear a shorter show with an even higher percentage of warhorses at even higher ticket prices than last time. If they decide to tour - nice. If they don't - I can live with it.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: September 22, 2011 22:02

palerider22
Let me spin too...LOL

With regards to next year....after the cake comment...Mick said...exactly...quote..."I don't know what we're gonna do."
To me that sounds like they're at least talking about things.

Cheers

Exactly what he said, pale rider, I heard it as well...he says it in a low tone of voice, so you have to be paying close attention.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 22, 2011 22:23

sirdoug

Bingo!

If feasible, health, economy, etc., todger comments aside, they will cash in again -- and we'll pay them our hard-earned money.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 23, 2011 00:52

retired_dog
I mean...really...get a life! A new thread every day with no-news about a tour is getting a bit obsessive. However, I can understand that younger fans who hadn't had the chance to see them that often are desperately waiting for a tour announcement. .

Correct. And that goes for both of them.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 23, 2011 01:26

CrissCrossMind
I think he said A LOT about the Stones by acting like it was an old Girl Friend he's feed up with. I'm not saying it was verbal - you had to read between the lines, watch the attitude.... he could care less. I think Keith really F-ed up with his book, Mick's moved on it seems like... But, I might be wrong....

He has taken that attitude before, and quite possibly actually feels that way now. That doesn't mean he won't feel entirely differently in a year. Gotta take the long view with old Mick.

Date: September 23, 2011 01:32

Gazza
f**k me. The sheer paranoia and lack of basic comprehensive ability amongst Stones fans reaches new levels of absurdity with each passing day.

Watch out, you might be accused of "negativity" and be stalked across several threads...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:30

whats gonna happen to all these threads when the stones tour starts next year?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:34

oh it will switch to how the song selection sux,, mick cant sing, keith cant play,,chuck shouldnt be in the band,,ronnie should start drinking again,, charlie looks bored,, tickets are to pricey,, oh the options are wide open,, I could go on and on,,

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:41

If you REALLY read between the lines carefully, you can see that Mick was not at all pleased with the decor of the studio.

Posted by: pennyharp ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:10

angee
I saw the group interview and thought that Mick had decided to say the cake remark in case he was asked about tour possibilities.
He was having fun with the audience by saying he would be jumping out in a dress. Joss Stone asked, with earrings? And Mick
said, yes, big earrings.

It goes along with how he had recently filmed L'Wren's parade of models and said he wanted to wear the first dress, but it
that it was probably too small.

I thought he was subtley refering to the model. He would like to "wear" that. tongue sticking out smiley

Ack!! I just thought of this... he was worried it would be too small! Puleeese let's examine the todger jokes with that! LMFAO!

Oh nevermind...I checked and he said he was "too old". Which also has inuendo's but I'm too tired. Goodnight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-23 04:35 by pennyharp.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:30

There may be a Stones...activity next year. There will be this year - nostalgic to Mick possibly but better than nothing. If he's doing it then he knows there's something to it. He's living and dealing with his past, he's just not saying it exactly so. Or has he likes to say only opposite, he's bothering with his/their legacy.

There may be more Superheavy...activity this year and into next year.

Until then...what? Nothing top speak of that is new (or moving forward as people like to say a lot for some reason). Except for the Some Girls (re)issue(s) ie the live release and the extra album (proof yet again that the print can be changed, er, added to at least) and the Ed Sullivan videos, as far as we do know there is nothing 'moving forward' with The Rolling Stones at this point. Jagger says this, Jagger says that, Jagge doesn't say this, Jagger doesn't say that; read between the lines, read outside the whole thing - it means nothing for this year except for what he is doing, which is SuperHeavy. Next year is next year. Regardless of anyone liking SH or not it's what he's doing - why can't he just have that? Ohhhh because time is not on his side anymore? Because The Rolling Stones need to keep rolling? Do they really? If the Bang tour was any indication at all as to the future, well, only Mick can decide that - and he has to live with it (I'm sure the money will help superheavily pad the truth). Perhaps if he keeps dyeing his hair time will be on his side somehow.

Talk about living in the past!

Where the hell is Mickscarey And The Done Deals?

Date: September 23, 2011 03:57

Look, if by "activity" we continue to get treated to more things like Exile reissue, Plundered My Soul, Some Girls deluxe with extra tracks and '78 live DVD, I'm pretty content with current Stones activity!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 23, 2011 05:03

I think that every time Mick gets asked the "Will you tour for the 50th" questions he sees more $$$ signs. Unless something tragic happens between now and next year there is no doubt in my mind they will tour in some fashion. Of course he's not going to give away anything, he's wayyyyyy too savvy for that.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home