Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - So much said in 10 minutes - (I Think THE STONES are Finished)
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:25

Basically what was said before and during the 10 minute interview -

#1 SUPERHEAVY was called "Mick Jagger's NEW band" more than once (Like in THE STONES ARE THE OLD ONE, THE ONE HE'S FINISHED WITH)

#2 The female host said it is rumored the 50th anniversary tour plans fell apart after Keith's tell all book came out and pissed off Mick. There was no denial, no comment

#3 For the 50th Stones anniversary Mick says he plans to jump out of a cake dressed as a woman. No Stones tour, no album

#4 Sounded like SUPERHEAVY might tour

#5 I just got the felling Mick is really feed up with the Stones, kind of a f*ck them attitude.

BONUS COMMENT - Mick said it's bizarre when people come up to him and say,"Hey Mick, You know, we created our first baby girl with BEAST OF BURDEN playing in the room" when the hostess said the Stones music is SO nostalgic. He was in good spirits and seemed very UP. CCMIND

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - So much said in 10 minutes - (I Think THE STONES are Finished)
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:28

She didn't ask him anything, didn't press him on the Stones. Didn't ask him about Keith. Must have been a "one question" agreement about the Stones, or some such bullcrap - these shows shouldn't let him promote SH if he's not willing to discuss what people actually care about.

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - So much said in 10 minutes - (I Think THE STONES are Finished)
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:30

CrissCrossMind

#1 SUPERHEAVY was called "Mick Jagger's NEW band" more than once (Like in THE STONES ARE THE OLD ONE, THE ONE HE'S FINISHED WITH)

#2 The female host said it is rumored the 50th anniversary tour plans fell apart after Keith's tell all book came out and pissed off Mick. There was no denial, no comment

#3 For the 50th Stones anniversary Mick says he plans to jump out of a cake dressed as a woman. No Stones tour, no album

#5 I just got the felling Mick is really feed up with the Stones, kind of a f*ck them attitude.

BONUS COMMENT - Mick said it's bizarre when people come up to him and say,"Hey Mick, You know, we created our first baby girl with BEAST OF BURDEN playing in the room" when the hostess said the Stones music is SO nostalgic. He was in good spirits and seemed very UP. CCMIND

Wait till the fat lady sings. Great minds like Gazza believe this project is not a threat to the Stones. I want to believe him. I Need to believe him. Some think it's just smart stones marketing by Mick. We want what we can't have, no? peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 15:01 by Naturalust.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:36

Jagger is quoted in another story as saying he was writing and playing with Charlie. Also, he mentioned about writing songs that would fit the Stones and also about writing a lot of 12 bar blues lately. Doesn't sound like the door is closed at all as far as the Stones are concerned.

Date: September 22, 2011 07:40

I think he said A LOT about the Stones by acting like it was an old Girl Friend he's feed up with. I'm not saying it was verbal - you had to read between the lines, watch the attitude.... he could care less. I think Keith really F-ed up with his book, Mick's moved on it seems like... But, I might be wrong....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 07:43 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:55

CrissCrossMind
The female host said it is rumored the 50th anniversary tour plans fell apart after Keith's tell all book came out and pissed off Mick. There was no denial, no comment

Robin Roberts' comment about Keith's book was not made to Mick during the interview, but in a voice-over... nothing for him to comment or deny to her.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:08

CrissCrossMind
I think he said A LOT about the Stones by acting like it was an old Girl Friend he's feed up with. I'm not saying it was verbal - you had to read between the lines, watch the attitude.... he could care less. I think Keith really F-ed up with his book, Mick's moved on it seems like... But, I might be wrong....

It's your reading.

But if you are right, why, the hell, Mick didn't confirm the end of The Rolling Stones in all these interviews done these weeks???

All what I can hear and see is some SuperHeavy Rolling Stones Promotion ... cool smiley

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - Mick did not say the Stones are finished
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:38

CrissCrossMind
I'm not saying it was verbal

So, here we go again
Mick did not say the Stones are finished

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:50

Naturalust
Great minds like Gazza believe

Yeah, we know how reliable that is: Chrystal ball

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 22, 2011 11:17

marcovandereijk
Naturalust

hey to me fair that is taken a bit out of context, he backtracks a bit later on in that thread. And people are always changing, getting better all the time. This is 2011 , a new you marco and probably a new Gazza too. confused smiley peace.

Date: September 22, 2011 11:24

CrissCrossMind

The most incredible thing, imo, is that you interpret all those things the way you do.

The only thing Jagger said was that he would jump out of the cake, NOT tour with Superheavy and that people made their babies to Beast Of Burden. Hardly a tour is off-confirmation?

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 22, 2011 11:27

The stones are finished for tours in the future and new albums. They will exist now with the opening of the vaults. Mick doesn't want to be the one who will break the band. He'll keep it alive with the vaults, just with that. Mick doesn't like to look at the past and for him Keith is in the past, Ronnie doesn't count and Charlie already knocked out Mick and stays far away from him. Now mick'voice is boring me, in the past he sang rough and wild now it's like he took lessons with a teacher and articulates well.

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - I Think the Stones are Finished
Date: September 22, 2011 11:34

Rolling Hansie
CrissCrossMind

So, here we go again

I NEVER SAID MICK SAID IT. I SAID IT - check it out - I Think The Stones are Finished

Re: JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - I Think the Stones are Finished
Date: September 22, 2011 11:39

CrissCrossMind
Rolling Hansie
CrissCrossMind

So, here we go again

I NEVER SAID MICK SAID IT. I SAID IT - check it out - I Think The Stones are Finished

But you said "No Stones tour, no album"...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 22, 2011 11:55

Naturalust
people are always changing, getting better all the time. This is 2011

Yeah, peace to everyone.

All I wanted to say is that everyone is speculating and there is nothing concrete.
Just like Chris Chross Mind is speculating.

I think it's funny how the smallest pieces of information are blown out of proportion and out
of context.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 22, 2011 12:04

I think Mick wants to have some fun with the young mistress (SH) before he goes home where the old wrinkled wife (the Stones) waits for him >grinning smiley<

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 22, 2011 12:27

I think Mick is waiting on an empathetic & sincere apology from Keith before agreeing to do anything with him at all.........- unless maybe I'm just reading too much into the gathering on the steps in the Miracle worker video.............3 mins 33 secs .... [www.youtube.com] .....................

then..........
33 secs ..........

...........or ...maybe it's worse than that.."Listen pal I've got new friends"..............(personally though, however that scene came to be there I don't think it's a mistake on Mick's part or random unobserved co-incidence either)...................

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 15:33 by EddieByword.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 12:51

this is getting BORING,,,

day in day out,, same thread different heading

and the title is very misleading,, makes you think Jagger himself did sAY IT

JAGGER Interview on ABC's Nightline - NOTHING NEW !!!
Date: September 22, 2011 13:07

northernale1
this is getting BORING,,,
day in day out,, same thread different heading
and the title is very misleading,, makes you think Jagger himself did sAY IT

Indeed, I think the title should be

-------------------

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 13:15

btw i watched the interview there was nothing new,,

and there waas nothing to give implication of no stones projects,,

it was what it was, and that is to promote super heavy,,

and yes they are his NEW band,, as they are a NEW BAND<,, I dont see how you spin that into no stones project,,

like I said before Mick will not show his cards to the last minute,, and he does like toying with people, his non answer was just that a non answer,,

so you SPIN DOCTORS,,, just keep SPINNING<<

Date: September 22, 2011 13:17

northernale1
btw i watched the interview there was nothing new

Thank you

-------------------

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 22, 2011 13:51

Doesn't anyone have a video clip from NIGHT LINE?

Posted by: Corcovado ()
Date: September 22, 2011 14:21

Dude you don't worry at all about the Stones' revival on their golden wedding ani versary, it will come for sure - and for one very simple reason: They all have a bunch of lazy kids and grandkids, and someone has got to take care about those professional heirs and heiresses, the best of them being in best case nude models or something like that, and who else would do those social services for them better than the Stones themself; with other words,why should they give up an easy made half a billion?

Hey, know what? Don't let Jagger wind you up like a toy soldier winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2011 14:24

f**k me. The sheer paranoia and lack of basic comprehensive ability amongst Stones fans reaches new levels of absurdity with each passing day.

Date: September 22, 2011 14:36

Gazza
f**k me.

LOL. Thanks for the invite, but I would rather pass on this one.

-------------------

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2011 14:50

marcovandereijk
Naturalust

..and they were, too. The key word you choose to conveniently ignore is 'planning'. I never said in that thread that they 'would'.

Presumably they should have went public at the time that Keith's wife had a life-threatening illness just to keep a few curious fans happy....eye rolling smiley

They also 'planned' to tour in 1996, 2001 and 2004. Guess what - plans change.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 14:59 by Gazza.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:00

Dear Friends. We don´t have anything new. Mick is playing with the media. He just wants to provoke hysteria and expectancy.
It´s the same thing since the 60's. I am surprised how the fans believe in that stories yet.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:10

carlostones10
Dear Friends. We don´t have anything new. Mick is playing with the media. He just wants to provoke hysteria and expectancy.
It´s the same thing since the 60's. I am surprised how the fans believe in that stories yet.

I saw the segment and this is the most lucid relative comment posted. If anyone thinks otherwise, then they haven't paid attention to MJ for years.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:13

carlostones10
we don't have anything new because last night's interview wasn't for US, it was for the average fan. mick was making the rounds on his promotional tour. i haven't seen the interview but i'm guessing he gave the usual answers to the usual questions, which we have heard before many times because we are dorky stones fans on a message board that follow every fart that mick expels.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:32

I saw the interview.

[abcnews.go.com]

Nothing new.

Just Mick playing with the reporter. How he always do.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home