Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How good a guitar player is Mick these days?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 20, 2011 07:34

He's been at it at least since we heard the opening riff of Sad Sad Sad 22 years ago, and he doesn't have arthritic hands...

Re: How good a guitar player is Mick these days?
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 07:56

I don't know how Keith's doing these days, but Mick's probably a better guitar player now, at least technically speaking if the last tour is any indication.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:10

Send It To me
He's been at it at least since we heard the opening riff of Sad Sad Sad 22 years ago, and he doesn't have arthritic hands...

A lot longer than that, even on stage...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:33

I have maintained for some time that Mick is currently the best guitar player in the Rolling Stones.

Date: September 20, 2011 09:50

71Tele
I have maintained for some time that Mick is currently the best guitar player in the Rolling Stones.

Well, with Ronnie back in business with the Faces and all the other great clips we've seen the last year, I take that only as pure Taylorite-humour smiling smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:58

yeah Ronnie has been rocking lately! Jagger started fooling with the guitar in the late 60's. Just check out Performance. And that backstage clip with Ike and Tina from the 69 tour.

Posted by: BobK ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:56

Wow i've never seen this version of Fingeprint File! Who is playing this funky bass? Because Wyman is playing the synthesizer. Interesting!

Date: September 20, 2011 10:58

BobK
Wow i've never seen this version of Fingeprint File! Who is playing this funky bass? Because Wyman is playing the synthesizer. Interesting!

Ronnie

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2011 14:00

Jagger is perfectly competent for the job in this clip, his right hand in particular.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 20, 2011 14:32

Props to both Ronnie Wood and Jagger on the live Fingerprints ...
the times were right for a song like that...

oh yeah...they are now too...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 20, 2011 15:27

Another example for the great rhythm guitar skills of MT:

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 20, 2011 15:28

Sorry, not MT, but MJ ...

Date: September 20, 2011 17:50

DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

Yes Ronnie...playing the part Taylor played on the record.

Date: September 20, 2011 17:53

DandelionPowderman
71Tele

Well, with Ronnie back in business with the Faces and all the other great clips we've seen the last year, I take that only as pure Taylorite-humour smiling smiley

Not at all, I much prefer Jagger's playing to Ronnie's. I'm talking about all around feel and groove, not necessarily lead (but I don't care for Wood's soloing anyway). I can make a case that Jagger's rhythm playing is much funkier and bluesier than Ronnie's, and I also prefer his slide playing.

Date: September 20, 2011 18:00

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele

Not at all, I much prefer Jagger's playing to Ronnie's. I'm talking about all around feel and groove, not necessarily lead (but I don't care for Wood's soloing anyway). I can make a case that Jagger's rhythm playing is much funkier and bluesier than Ronnie's, and I also prefer his slide playing.

Let's see if you get under attack.cool smiley

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 18:05

Amsterdamned
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele

not from me !

Date: September 20, 2011 18:09

straycatblues73
Amsterdamned
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele

Not at all, I much prefer Jagger's playing to Ronnie's. I'm talking about all around feel and groove, not necessarily lead (but I don't care for Wood's soloing anyway). I can make a case that Jagger's rhythm playing is much funkier and bluesier than Ronnie's, and I also prefer his slide playing.[/quote

not from me !

Me neither, but he's talking MJ, not MT..

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 20, 2011 18:17

DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

Bill is still the worst bass player in the band

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 20, 2011 18:21

More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

Date: September 20, 2011 19:51

duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

The best bass lines were either done by Richards Taylor or Wood. Live With Me, Sympathy, Fingerprint File, Silver Train etc.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 20, 2011 20:13

Given Keith's medical condition, might it be better if he'd switch to bass and let Ronnie and Mick J do the weaving in the guitar department?
This way, they would become a real 4 piece band with Charlie remaining on drums and no bassist who can't be seen on the cover.

Date: September 21, 2011 05:49

More Hot Rocks
duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

The best bass lines were either done by Richards Taylor or Wood. Live With Me, Sympathy, Fingerprint File, Silver Train etc.

Silver Train one of the best bass lines?
Those are all guitar players playing bass like a guitar, except for maybe Sympathy, they don't really hold that bottom down. And Wood hasn't come up with 1 memorable bass line with the Stones.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:52

stones78
And Wood hasn't come up with 1 memorable bass line with the Stones.

This, I fancy:

Date: September 21, 2011 05:53

More Hot Rocks
duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

No, the bass parts with the most notes were played by those guys, not necessarily the best bass lines. smoking smiley

Date: September 21, 2011 05:55

Justin
stones78
And Wood hasn't come up with 1 memorable bass line with the Stones.

This, I fancy:

Well, not really my cup of tea. But I guess it "stands out".

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: September 21, 2011 06:19

stones78
More Hot Rocks
duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

Those are all guitar players playing bass like a guitar, except for maybe Sympathy, they don't really hold that bottom down. And Wood hasn't come up with 1 memorable bass line with the Stones.

Sadly true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-21 06:21 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 21, 2011 08:30

decent rhythm. couldnt play a fill to save his life.

Date: September 21, 2011 09:23

stones78
More Hot Rocks
duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

Well, this isn't exactly the truth, is it? Emotional Rescue is pretty memorable.

Date: September 21, 2011 11:24

There is absolute zero excitement about Jagger's playing. He plays to write, or to fill a needed sonic gap. But I have never heard fire in his playing;somehing that would turn your head. Even the more featured parts like "Back of my Hand" - it's a part, not a performance.

The intro in SAL to "Some Girls" is good, but I figure he knew he had about 10 academy award cameras on him; and the bassline to "Dangerous Beauty" rocks.

Date: September 21, 2011 13:19

Long John Stoner
stones78
More Hot Rocks
duke richardson
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
BobK

Ronnie

how's that...

Sadly true.

Listen how Silver Train holds the bottom end. It's great. I beleive that's Keith?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home