Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: SuperHeavy sucks!
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 18, 2011 15:02

Bimmelzerbott
I'm a Stones fan and I won't buy it. That's fo sho.

I'm a Mick Jagger fan so I will buy it.

The number one thing that made me a Stones fan was Mick's vocals. So a Mick Jagger solo (or SuperHeavy) recording appeals to me far more than a Rolling Stones song with Keith on vocals.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 18, 2011 15:12

Sleepy...be honest, yes it's got Jaggers voice on, but the music is so poor! He can do so much better (my dead granny could) you admitted you only bought it cos you're a Jagger fan, not cos the music is any good!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 18, 2011 15:16

crumbling_mice
Sleepy...be honest, yes it's got Jaggers voice on, but the music is so poor! He can do so much better (my dead granny could) you admitted you only bought it cos you're a Jagger fan, not cos the music is any good!

I haven't bought it yet... & I didn't say anything about the music, good or bad. But anything with Mick Jagger on vocals (just like anything involving Elvis or Cliff) always has something going for it imo, no matter how bad the material.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 18, 2011 15:40

I have ordered it but it's not a good album for me. OK but to say that, I have already listened to it cause I have downloaded it. People who said they won't buy it because it is a shit, I think they downloaded it to get their opinion. What are they doing after that. They put it in the trash computer. Not sure!!!!!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 18, 2011 15:59

So from what I gather, it's another case of "those who don't remember history (Primitive Cool) are doomed to repeat it."

I'll buy it, might even get through the whole thing twice, and on the shelves it goes. There are too many other things coming out this fall that are more interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 19:11 by ab.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:13

so what i heard on amazon, i`ll also refuse to buy, because i`ve already "alfie" in my collection.

miracle worker is ok, but i don`t like this rap style on eg.energy.

all in all, for me this is nothing.....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:18

Sleepy City
Bimmelzerbott

The number one thing that made me a Stones fan was Mick's vocals. So a Mick Jagger solo (or SuperHeavy) recording appeals to me far more than a Rolling Stones song with Keith on vocals.

I am a Stones fan & a Mick Jagger fan but I won't buy it .

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:28

smileys with beer
SwayStones
Sleepy City
Bimmelzerbott

I am a Stones fan & a Mick Jagger fan but I won't buy it .

smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:49

proudmary
I can understand the Times or the Guardian - they have long and passionately hate everything associated with the Stones.

Nonsense. 'The Times'. Er, seriously? 'Who breaks a butterfly on a wheel'? Hello? Yes, of course, there have been long-term editorial policies at these newspapers for decades where their journalists have been directed to lambast your favourite band. eye rolling smiley

proudmary

But the Stones fans who hate the project on which Jagger sings his new songs (the first time in five years) and plays the harmonica - seriously, this is beyond my comprehension.

Even greater nonsense. Stones fans tend to like Jagger playing Stones-type music. This isnt going to appeal to most of them because its such a major departure. And I'm saying that as a Stones fan who actually thinks this record (from what I've heard) sounds pretty decent. To berate people for not liking it is blind cheerleader-esque silliness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 16:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:53

I can only go on hearing the single and its b-side. I think that Miracle Worker is one of the best things Jagger has done for decades.

Date: September 18, 2011 16:58

For me, I'll burn a CDR of the tracks where Mick handles most of the vocals. That's worth buying the Deluxe Edition as far as I'm concerned. Obviously, I'm more interested in Fort Worth '78 and the newly-finished SOME GIRLS outtakes, but I don't really see why this is so divisive. It's a side project. It's not like Mick has quit the Stones to do this full-time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:02

I've resisted downloading the whole thing in advance, but will buy it tomorrow.

My own initial impressions are that overall I like the music but I'm not that impressed by Mick's singing style. Which, considering the fact that I thought his vocal on 'Watching the River Flow' was close to his mid-80s career lowpoint, doesn't exactly bode well for what he may have added to the bonus 'Some Girls' songs.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:05

Silver Dagger
I can only go on hearing the single and its b-side. I think that Miracle Worker is one of the best things Jagger has done for decades.

My god...

thumbs upRe: SuperHeavy sucks!
Posted by: michel ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:09

thumbs upNo it doesnt

Posted by: michel ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:15

Just a nice side project before the stones roll again. come on.
it will fresh jagger up.(already did, read the posts from doxa about jagger on this, i agree with him/herwinking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:15

Silver Dagger

Definately Jagger at his sleaziest best..brilliant.......the song in general...yeah, why not....bright, up tempo and alive............

The review I read in newspaper....well the guy in there to me had the vibe of someone that if you offered them the whole world they'd say "hmmmmm, well.....it's not quite big enough"......

Obviously Miracle worker's not the whole world but it's got life and what more does anyone want than life and more life...........Ex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 17:16 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:20

Gazza
proudmary

But the Stones fans who hate the project on which Jagger sings his new songs (the first time in five years) and plays the harmonica - seriously, this is beyond my comprehension.

Even greater nonsense. Stones fans tend to like Jagger playing Stones-type music. This isnt going to appeal to most of them because its such a major departure. And I'm saying that as a Stones fan who actually thinks this record (from what I've heard) sounds pretty decent. To berate people for not liking it is blind cheerleader-esque silliness.

As if Mick playing harmonica on She's The Boss or Primitive Cool could possibly make those albums any better. 'New' and how long it's been, 'five years' this time, is not relevant for WHY it should be good. Good is good. Bad is bad. Etc. From what I've heard it's not good and it's certainly not awful but it's definitely pedestrian at best. It sounds like the American Idol or other similar show bands playing the music: there's no distinction to it, it's generic.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:30

EddieByword
Silver Dagger

Definately Jagger at his sleaziest best..brilliant.......the song in general...yeah, why not....bright, up tempo and alive............

The review I read in newspaper....well the guy in there to me had the vibe of someone that if you offered them the whole world they'd say "hmmmmm, well.....it's not quite big enough"......

Obviously Miracle worker's not the whole world but it's got life and what more does anyone want than life and more life...........Ex

Was trying to think what about it that I like but you hit the nail on the head. Yes, sleazy's the word. And especially the video where he lurks in the doorway and comes in like some Luciferic lothario tempting the young damsel in distress to succumb to his advances. That's a classic Jagger come on that you can find all the way to his earliest recordings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 17:37 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:33

Rockman
SuperHeavy sucks!............. do ya know her number?

smoking smiley

Date: September 18, 2011 17:36

JumpinJeppeFlash
Every real fan here want one last stones tour, not this supershitty thing. But Jagger have never cared about the fans so i´m not at all surprised he is doing this instead.

Even "the elite" is divided.......concerning the wish for "one last stones tour"...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:37

Sleepy City

There are some decent Mick's songs on this album - for me it is good enough reason to give it the chance.
And I really like the Miracle Worker video - it shows once again Jagger's cutting edge of cool - his desire to push the boundaries, to shock, to surprise - something which no longer existed in his work with the Stones.
This regeneration might only improve his future work with the Stones

Date: September 18, 2011 17:41

shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash
Every real fan here want one last stones tour, not this supershitty thing. But Jagger have never cared about the fans so i´m not at all surprised he is doing this instead.

Even "the elite" is divided.......concerning the wish for "one last stones tour"...

Which means?

Date: September 18, 2011 17:44

Who is a "real Stones fan" ?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:47

JumpinJeppeFlash

Which means?[/quote]

It means that some of the elite don't want the Stones to tour again. That is, the desire for one last Stones is by no means universal.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:50

"never liked Jaggers attitude against the stones fans, but this is too much"

Don't worry, we're NOT Jagger's main target so our opinion doesn't matter. With SH Jagger aims at the 13-25 y.o. hip music fans, the one who likes new bands, bands that mix rock with electro.

To Mick we're a bunch of old farts who never got over the MT era. To him we're most despicable because we're stuck knee-deep in nostalgia (the ultimate insult in Mick's book..).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 17:52 by dcba.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:50

crumbling_mice
It's a pile of shit...a bunch of desperados trying to be relevant and failing miserable. Dave Stewart has never produced anything decent in his life and Ziggy isn't Bob..Joss Stone is just hanging in there to get some publicity on her flagging career, they are happy to have her cos she's young and current and ete candy. The whole project is embarrassing. If a band of people we had never heard of produced this, it would be laughed out of town. The only reason it's selling is on the strength of the names in the band. Stones fans who should know better are buying it cos Jagger is in the band and then they persuade themselves that it isn't too bad!

In my opinion it's the worst thing to spin out of the Stones....and that includes Perks' solo albums.

Hahaha.....such a sad sad story....pathetic:-)

Date: September 18, 2011 17:53

shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

Elite what ?

Date: September 18, 2011 17:57

EddieByword
shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

Elite what ?

JumpinJeppe knows...winking smiley

Date: September 18, 2011 17:59

dcba
"never liked Jaggers attitude against the stones fans, but this is too much"

Don't worry, we're NOT Jagger's main target so our opinion doesn't matter. With SH Jagger aims at the 13-25 y.o. hip music fans, the one who likes new bands, bands that mix rock with electro.

To Mick we're a bunch of old farts who never got over the MT era. To him we're most despicable because we're stuck knee-deep in nostalgia (the ultimate insult in Mick's book..).

Well..i´m not that old being 31...

Date: September 18, 2011 18:00

shortfatfanny
EddieByword
shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

Elite what ?

JumpinJeppe knows...winking smiley

Well it looks like Mick and Keith are devided so maybe that's what you mean........winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 18:01 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home