Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I wrote this song for The Stones to record...
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 19, 2016 17:49

video: [www.youtube.com]
Around 2013 when the rumors of new music from The Stones began I started this song "Heal My Soul" with a fantasy they'd record it. It is very simple sort of a thank you from one Glimmer to the other. My band Lex Grey and The Urban Pioneers eventually recorded it, switched some gender stuff and released it on our current album. The song is charting for radio a bit, we are just a tiny independent band and our album is doing well in that context. I once knew The Stones as a studio engineer but am now a fan like all of us here. Perhaps I am stretching the rules here at IORR but this song is from the heart to my heroes. Written and played in open "G" as the new RS original album is on the horizon I figured I'd put it out there. When I was a kid I dreamed of being a part of The Stones and I did indeed for a couple of years. Rock and Roll dreams do come true if you put your soul into the effort. I hope you all like this tune...

Re: I wrote this song for The Stones to record...
Date: October 19, 2016 17:59

Good stuff, DoomandGloom. They should cover it for blues album #2 thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2016 18:26

DoomandGloom
Around 2013 when the rumors of new music from The Stones began I started this song "Heal My Soul" with a fantasy they'd record it. It is very simple sort of a thank you from one Glimmer to the other. My band Lex Grey and The Urban Pioneers eventually recorded it, switched some gender stuff and released it on our current album. The song is charting for radio a bit, we are just a tiny independent band and our album is doing well in that context. I once knew The Stones as a studio engineer but am now a fan like all of us here. Perhaps I am stretching the rules here at IORR but this song is from the heart to my heroes. Written and played in open "G" as the new RS original album is on the horizon I figured I'd put it out there. When I was a kid I dreamed of being a part of The Stones and I did indeed for a couple of years. Rock and Roll dreams do come true if you put your soul into the effort. I hope you all like this tune...

...i like it!
thumbs up

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 19, 2016 19:18

It's really good!!! love the overall sound!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:09

KRiffhard
DoomandGloom

...i like it!
thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up
I'll second that. Nice D&G!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:37

Well Done!
And sincere thanks for sharing it here.
cool smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:44

DoomandGloom
...but this song is from the heart to my heroes...

We can feel it !

thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:47

These guys wrote this song for the Stones too!!
[m.youtube.com]
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:35

Good one, thx!

Date: October 19, 2016 23:10

Thanks everyone....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 19, 2016 23:18

That was a great joy to listen.............thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 20, 2016 00:12

OT: Me too !!!

video: [youtu.be]

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 00:32 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 20, 2016 00:28

Wild Slivovitz
It's really good!!! love the overall sound!

+1

Great stuff!

Drew

Date: October 20, 2016 00:37

I think either Mick or Keith could sing it.

Date: October 20, 2016 04:35

Good feel

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 20, 2016 11:14

very good ! bravo !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2016 11:52

Good stuff, thanks for sharing, the singing is a bit "over the top" for me but the playing is very tasteful, playing reminds me a bit of WOAFriend and Coming Down Again ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 20, 2016 18:30

Any suggestions for reaching out to Matt Clifford? Or Rose?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 21, 2016 05:17

I like!! Good stuffsmileys with beer

Date: October 21, 2016 10:20

DoomandGloom

Try Don Was first.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 21, 2016 12:58

I enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2016 13:44

Oh my dear Lord i love that so much .Such a great song from the lyrics to the Sonny Rollins esq.sax to the Fender Rhodes piano towards the end to the guitar fills .This was like it came off of side 2 of Tattoo You, wow,smileys with beerthumbs uphot smiley really brilliant stuff .Damn man you are GREAT .

Date: October 21, 2016 15:52

DandelionPowderman
DoomandGloom

Try Don Was first.

I have been searching Don Was today, he has no office listing at all. I guess he doesn't want to be pestered by songwriters or artists... Still it is my quest to get this song to The Stones, I know it seems improbable they'd record it but from my experience people are people and a song is just a song. For all here at IORR it would be something if they did indeed accept a song from a fan here. I will keep everyone updated when I make some headway. I don't want to make more out of it than there is but I believe they could really use a song like this.
The terrific comments you have all sent are very gratifying, to think something I made at home is being heard worldwide is great fun. My fellow Stones fans are the ones I have most in common with musically and I thank BV for allowing this thread to continue. Way back when, before the internet, it was impossible to reach listeners for people like me. All artists today play on an equal field, two speakers, MP3's, left and right the same for everyone. I hope I have helped inspire some musicians here to continue their personal quest to make new music and reach for the stars.

Date: October 21, 2016 16:00

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
DoomandGloom

Try Don Was first.

I have been searching Don Was today, he has no office listing at all. I guess he doesn't want to be pestered by songwriters or artists... Still it is my quest to get this song to The Stones, I know it seems improbable they'd record it but from my experience people are people and a song is just a song. For all here at IORR it would be something if they did indeed accept a song from a fan here. I will keep everyone updated when I make some headway. I don't want to make more out of it than there is but I believe they could really use a song like this.
The terrific comments you have all sent are very gratifying, to think something I made at home is being heard worldwide is great fun. My fellow Stones fans are the ones I have most in common with musically and I thank BV for allowing this thread to continue. Way back when, before the internet, it was impossible to reach listeners for people like me. All artists today play on an equal field, two speakers, MP3's, left and right the same for everyone. I hope I have helped inspire some musicians here to continue their personal quest to make new music and reach for the stars.

It's a long shot, but you can always try his NYC office.

Date: October 21, 2016 16:14

DandelionPowderman
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
DoomandGloom

Try Don Was first.

It's a long shot, but you can always try his NYC office.
Seems like a good way to start. I did meet Don many times years ago. He and another producer were splitting duties on a B-52's album I was involved with. I was on the other guy's team and we were doing tedious editing and other tech stuff for weeks on end while Don's sessions a couple of flights down were a happy party every day, both sessions resulted in big hits, there is more than one avenue to get results.

Date: October 21, 2016 16:46

TheGreek
Oh my dear Lord i love that so much .Such a great song from the lyrics to the Sonny Rollins esq.sax to the Fender Rhodes piano towards the end to the guitar fills .This was like it came off of side 2 of Tattoo You, wow,smileys with beerthumbs uphot smiley really brilliant stuff .Damn man you are GREAT .
Thank you, that is very kind, everyone involved was very touched.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 21, 2016 16:50

very nice

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 21, 2016 18:31

SWEET!

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: October 22, 2016 16:35

Great work there, that's proper music no doubt!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 22, 2016 22:40

TheGreek

I agree 100%. This is fantastic. I love that sexy, sultry, soulful groove, the sax, the guitar. And the singer is phenomenal (is that you, DoomAndGloom?) ... a dead ringer for Steve Marriott (of Humble Pie).

Drew

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home