Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Jagger BBC interview on BBC Breakfast TV Sept 16 - still tension in band
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2011 02:58

Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza
Fan Since 1964

I can understand your point of wiev Gazza. But if Jagger just for one second could see thru his little sidekick and come to terms with the fact that the Stones are far more interesting than "Super Heavy" (God what a stupid name) then he could tell a whole world of fans what's going on with the Rolling Stones just fo some minutes in that interwiev!!

Musically, they're not 'more interesting' as they haven't worked together for 4 years and haven't recorded together since early 2005.

...and even then, as much as I do like ABB, I don't think I would describe it as more musically 'interesting' than the SH album.

For me, the last time it was this musically interesting, I would go back to Undercover, although I could see the argument made for Bridges.

I agree that it isnt, although obviously I'd prefer it. Point being though, that as he's trying to promote a new record, why discuss at length a band who have been dormant for four years.

Jagger's 68, has more money than some small nations and has achieved more in his career than pretty much any entertainer alive. Most people in his position would be sitting at home with their pipe and slippers by now. Some fans act as if he recorded this project last week when its been a two-year thing.

These guys dont owe us a thing, musically. Any artist worth a damn at his age follows his own muse instead of pandering to the fantasies and illusions of people who cant allow them to progress. Let him and the rest of the band do what the f**k they want to do, for goodness sake. If they WANT to do something with the Stones, then they'll do it. If their hearts arent in it, then its a waste of time.

They shouldnt feel obliged to do it just because some of us cant find something else to obsess over.

I'm quite pleased with what we have this year, which is an excellent new album with MJ, and the promise of several more Stones releases by Christmas,(Some Girls +, Texas DVD, Ed Sullivan DVD).

If they can agree, and I think they ultimately will, maybe not by next summer, then we'll even have another tour and perhaps a new album (although less convinced of that).

Not bad 50 years into this.

Re: Mick Jagger BBC interview on BBC Breakfast TV Sept 16 - still tension in band
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 18, 2011 09:18

Naturalust
pgarof
Naturalust
pgarof
Naturalust
pgarof
who could not want to be in their position on stage in front of all those people and play the music that everyone loves?

well I can think of a few mossy Stones. Because they have done so much and being on top means staying alive musically and showmanship-wise. The fears of a parody-ish ending for the Stones probably has Mick missing nights sleep. It doesn't always go perfect when so much is involved. Especially since they haven't been playing together as a band. That says it all. No more getting together for fun and jamming out new riffs and sparks of new songs. That's when the Stones really started to diverge from what could have been. I for one don't want to see them just play the same old hits and such. I want to see vivid interaction on the stage and risks and mistakes that end up as genius and take things to a level where we all know is possible and fantastic. The Stones are quite possibly the only band in a position to do so for us in our short lives, with their talents, LIVE musicality and most of all experience. Such a grand and beautiful experiment it has all been, who want's it to end? Not me. peace.

When you or anyone else says they do not want to see them play the same old songs you have to remember that if they play next year it will have been 5 years sine they played anything. Well i will be hungry enough to see them play anything and so will a lot of people.

and by doing so the Stones may just fade to mediocracy, a mere parody of the brilliance they could have achieved by keeping the experiment going for so long. peace.

They have done everything and more that they ever need to to in way of music and experiments, now they can just play

yes, together and nicely please, and new songs, rock songs. If you just want to hear em play go listen to the old records and concert performances, while looking at the D. Tarle photos. It still kinda works for me somedays...peace.

Thsts great for you if thats what you like but for me I like to hear them live, old or not and somehow I don't think I'll be the only one at a concert.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 18, 2011 10:42

We would all love to see The Stones live just one more time.The problem is it is out of our hands and as the months leading into 2012 are here now with lots of interviews with Mick just lately,we are getting impatient.Nothing we can do about it.Mick,Ronnie,and Charlie have all got their own things they like doing to keep busy and have an interest in.Not many people know what Keith is doing apart from his family.Doesn't seem to be a lot but he's an old fella now and can do as he pleases. Something will happen one way or another I reckon by the end of this year and hopefully it will be on a positive note about a tour.A lot smaller scale tour than in the past,but a tour none the less. winking smiley

Date: September 18, 2011 11:05

Attica Attica.....!!!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 18, 2011 13:44

Date: September 18, 2011 14:18

Send It To me

Very good and very funny.Wouldn't it be funny if Micks' gofers are like that. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 18, 2011 14:39

Jagger and the young Stone
Grandfathers everywhere for a tip on how to lose 15 years, take a leaf out of Mick Jagger’s songbook. At 68, the Rolling Stone has launched SuperHeavy. Time spent making an album with Dave Stewart, Slumdog Millionaire’s composer AH Rahman, Bob Marley’s son Damian and 24-year-old soulful chanteuse Joss Stone has given Jagger a new lease of youth.
Interviewed yesterday on the BBC, he certainly looked like a man who had found the elixir. What’s more, the new formation may likely find that grail that has eluded the Rolling Stones for 30 years, a hit album. Time will tell but with the taunts of Keith Richards’s memoir behind him and a new young Stone singing beside him, the secret of a rock star’s eternal youth is to leave the Derby and Stones behind, and jam with Joss instead.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: September 18, 2011 14:49

For any non-English people out there.The ''Derby and Stones'' reference is Derby and Joan clubs which are places where old people meet up for a chat and a cuppa tea.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 18, 2011 19:39

proudmary
Jagger and the young Stone
Grandfathers everywhere for a tip on how to lose 15 years, take a leaf out of Mick Jagger’s songbook. At 68, the Rolling Stone has launched SuperHeavy. Time spent making an album with Dave Stewart, Slumdog Millionaire’s composer AH Rahman, Bob Marley’s son Damian and 24-year-old soulful chanteuse Joss Stone has given Jagger a new lease of youth.
Interviewed yesterday on the BBC, he certainly looked like a man who had found the elixir. What’s more, the new formation may likely find that grail that has eluded the Rolling Stones for 30 years, a hit album. Time will tell but with the taunts of Keith Richards’s memoir behind him and a new young Stone singing beside him, the secret of a rock star’s eternal youth is to leave the Derby and Stones behind, and jam with Joss instead.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Well I think this is unfortunate. I think Mick could have been just as recharged or more by collaborating with Keith on new stones songs. The creative forces will heal him and Joss Stone's youth is nothing special. Of course she is pulling out all the stops, nuturing old man Mick and blowing whatever energy she can up the fellows arse. This is the big break ALL the SH members have been waiting for. But I think SH could be better without MJ and MJ could do better with the stones. They are using sir mick to light the marketing fires and get press and what have you. It all seems so contrived to me. I'd like to see just how much miss Stone kisses up to MJ and suck. "Oh Mick that is fantastic, nice take Mick, cool jacket Mick, nice harmonies Mick....." Ok I'm going to go throw up now. Bring back the Rock and Roll and the tension that creates it. please. peace.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 19, 2011 01:43

thanks crawdaddy!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home