Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: More Stones Rarities Releases Coming?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 15, 2011 23:17

mailexile67
...About the "Don Was era rarities album", in your opinion what could be the format:
1)Unknow Outtakes '93/'05 with the add of Mick only new vocals;
2)simply Outtakes "B-Sides" of various CD singles like "The storm","Anyway you look it" etc.without the add of new vocals;
3)Unknow Outtakes with the re-work of all the band like the "Tattoo" sessions.

I hope that it will be the third option!!!

...this (awful) song can stay in the vault for ever.

Date: September 15, 2011 23:28

Regarding speculation of a Don Was era rarities album

1.) is the most likely option since the proposed Memory Hotel project from 1999 would appear to be the same project.

2.) definitely no studio B-sides since they're all currently available on the Singles 1971-2006 box set and are also available for individual download from Amazon and iTunes. Plus there are not enough to make an album

3.) Hopefully the few studio tracks currently unavailable (Keys To Your Love, Stealing My Heart, Losing My Touch, Under the Radar, and Don't Wanna Go Home) will see release for those who do not own them. They are the only holes in the studio back catalog.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 23:37

DragonSky
Some of those Voodoo leftovers were pretty good. It's Funny I thought was brilliant. You Got It Made is 'classic' too. There's a few they didn't either finish or release from those sessions that are, to me, better than half of what is on the album.

VL really could've really been something special. A lot of the outtakes show a band taking risks and exploring some different grooves and sounds. It's an album that could've taken the band in new directions but remain rooted in the organic sound they went with for the album. B2B used a lot of studio gimmickry and production techniques to dress up the Stones sound. But on the VL outtakes like Make it Now or You Got It Made the band was taking the Stones sound itself into new directions that would've really surprised people. Of course maybe that's exactly why they played it safe.

Date: September 15, 2011 23:45

Didn't "Make It Now" become "Suck on the Jugular" or am I thinking of a different track?

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 23:57

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Didn't "Make It Now" become "Suck on the Jugular" or am I thinking of a different track?

Don't think it was "Make It Now." It is a slow jazzy shuffle with some nice piano melody and tasty licks from Keith. Has a slightly mid-70s Stones feel to it. Listening to it now, it could've evolved into "How Can I Stop" however, part of the song anyway-Charlie is playing with brushes on "Make It Now."

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home