Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith looking GOOOOOOD in London town - and wins an award
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 7, 2011 23:45

he does look like he's having a good time and at least keith is healthy and seems to be enjoying himself.

that black gear with the scarf would look perfect onstage next to a guy in a bright pink suit but i guess we'll have to wait until next year.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:25

Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

Giving Keith Richards an Award for his popular million selling autobiography was obviously a smart move, since it gets the legendary Rolling Stone on the carpet in front of your magazine logo, and superfan Johnny Depp to hand it over. But calling the award Writer of the Year might be deemed a bit of an insult to anyone who actually writes for a living – which presumably includes some of the magazine’s staff. The giveaway on the book’s cover is “with James Fox”, a professional journalist and author of the excellent White Mischief, who actually did all the writing and research (which included interviews with other participants to shore up Keith’s more loosely recollected anecdotes). Of course, nobody buys a celebrity autobiography for the ghost writer. I know it appears to be blasphemy to suggest that Keith’s book is anything other than a rock and roll masterpiece, but precious few reviews dwelled on the turgid finale in which one of the highlights of Keith’s life is recalled by model Kate Moss as chasing someone around a party with a frying pan for burning his sausages (or some equally mundane incident. I would check but I gave my copy to a charity bookshop). As amusing as it is, Keith’s book is pretty much like the Stone’s career: the first half is great but it goes rapidly downhill after 1975. Somehow, I don't expect to see him at the Booker.

[blogs.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:40

proudmary
Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

Giving Keith Richards an Award for his popular million selling autobiography was obviously a smart move, since it gets the legendary Rolling Stone on the carpet in front of your magazine logo, and superfan Johnny Depp to hand it over. But calling the award Writer of the Year might be deemed a bit of an insult to anyone who actually writes for a living – which presumably includes some of the magazine’s staff. The giveaway on the book’s cover is “with James Fox”, a professional journalist and author of the excellent White Mischief, who actually did all the writing and research (which included interviews with other participants to shore up Keith’s more loosely recollected anecdotes). Of course, nobody buys a celebrity autobiography for the ghost writer. I know it appears to be blasphemy to suggest that Keith’s book is anything other than a rock and roll masterpiece, but precious few reviews dwelled on the turgid finale in which one of the highlights of Keith’s life is recalled by model Kate Moss as chasing someone around a party with a frying pan for burning his sausages (or some equally mundane incident. I would check but I gave my copy to a charity bookshop). As amusing as it is, Keith’s book is pretty much like the Stone’s career: the first half is great but it goes rapidly downhill after 1975. Somehow, I don't expect to see him at the Booker.

[blogs.telegraph.co.uk]
thumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:51

proudmary
Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

Giving Keith Richards an Award for ..... I would check but I gave my copy to a charity bookshop). As amusing as it is, Keith’s book is pretty much like the Stone’s career: the first half is great but it goes rapidly downhill after 1975. Somehow, I don't expect to see him at the Booker.

But of course, I would expect nothing less, or more,
from a diehard U2 fan (if I have the facts correct) [www.tower.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 01:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 8, 2011 01:38

proudmary
Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

You really just can't let go, now can you ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 02:05

Keith does look healthy and happy...

...but once a person's fingers get gnarled beyond all recognition, that's that. There's no cure for arthritis and there's no going back once it sets in to the degree that it has with Keith.

It's sadly ironic that the thing that may do in his rock'n'roll career is his own body.

Contrary to all the mythology surrounding his constitution and indestructibility, his hands have indeed succumbed to Father Time.

I fear that even if he is more sober than he's been in 40 years, he still won't have the dexterity to play Stones song with any degree of competence.

Believe me, I HATE saying that...just my observation.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 8, 2011 02:10

It's unusual that as Keith's fingers have gotten worse and worse...the less rhythm he's played...and the MORE lead/soloing he wants to do. He can't be bothered to remember chords so he noodles around with the leads..yet his own fingers prevent him from doing anything worthwhile with the lead work!

I've said it before...the music would benefit SO MUCH more if Keith just stuck to Open G tuning and pumped out those chords while Ronnie took all the lead work. If Keith could either buckle down and really learn his guitar parts or worse case: have a teleprompter reminding him of the chord changes...the next tour could be a winner.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 02:34

Justin
It's unusual that as Keith's fingers have gotten worse and worse...the less rhythm he's played...and the MORE lead/soloing he wants to do. He can't be bothered to remember chords so he noodles around with the leads..yet his own fingers prevent him from doing anything worthwhile with the lead work!

I've said it before...the music would benefit SO MUCH more if Keith just stuck to Open G tuning and pumped out those chords while Ronnie took all the lead work. If Keith could either buckle down and really learn his guitar parts or worse case: have a teleprompter reminding him of the chord changes...the next tour could be a winner.
Really good observation...listening to him aimlessly and feebly attempt to solo on the last tour was really sad.

However...putting ALL the burden on Ronnie to handle the leads night after night is a dicey proposition too. I don't have too much faith that his playing is much better, unless he's stone-cold sober and focused.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 8, 2011 03:04

Since the Licks tour, Ronnie has really risen to the occasion, in my book. When Keith was at his worst during the end of the ABB legs...Ronnie came in and filled in both sides of the guitar fence...playing lead and rhythm...really trying to fill out the sound that Keith had left while he was in his own daze.

Ronnie's fingers are incredibly more limber than Keith's. There was a special feature on The Biggest Bang DVD set where it showed Ronnie doing an instrumental...with just him and his guitar...weaving in and out of some blues riffs and even going into a Spanish flamenco bit. His fingers were strumming fast and loose...no way in a million years would Keith be able to do that today.

The problem why a lot of people simply don't trust Ronnie with the leads is that Ronnie really doesn't have much room to shine anymore when he's with the Stones. He is given very few opportunities today to show his chops. It's absolutely amazing to watch any one of the videos you can find on YouTube of him playing with The Faces today: confident, raunchy, LOUD and totally in command...compared to what he does when he's on stage with the Stones...the complete opposite. Ronnie is hidden in the mix, he does not anymore challenge/accentuate Keith but simply supports him. Keith hogs all the guitar space...completely SHATTERING his blessed "ancient form of weaving" and making it now the "ancient form of trampling" over Ronnie's parts.

Take a look at this version of "Let It Bleed"...at 2:52 Keith completely trumps Ronnie during his solo. You can even see Keith shout out "@#$%& off Ronnie!" Poor Ronnie has to take a back seat to Keith constantly...in the end...it hurts the band.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 8, 2011 04:55

Patti's growing her hair out.
She is some beautiful woman, and obviously still enjoys hanging
out with Keith!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2011 06:58

angee
Patti's growing her hair out.
She is some beautiful woman, and obviously still enjoys hanging
out with Keith!
She is absolutely gorgeous...and considering some of her recent medical issues,wondefully so.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: September 8, 2011 07:43

Rockman
Wow! It looks like Keith got some new shoes!

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: September 8, 2011 09:45

Wow, I only just found out that his wife is 55??? She looks 35!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 8, 2011 10:02

Justin
while Ronnie took all the lead work. .

Please no, not unless we can all have sleeper seats for the next show. Mick Taylors the man if you want rock leads with the stones, and he has aged but he looks alot better than the toxically bloated Johnny Depp these days. peace.

Date: September 8, 2011 11:06

keefriff99
Justin

Really good observation...listening to him aimlessly and feebly attempt to solo on the last tour was really sad.

However...putting ALL the burden on Ronnie to handle the leads night after night is a dicey proposition too. I don't have too much faith that his playing is much better, unless he's stone-cold sober and focused.

yes that is a good observation. And Ron, right now - IS stone sober and focused. It's when he gets with the Stones that Ron's confidence seems to wane. I bet if he got the 'endorsment' of Mick and Keith he would do it well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2011 11:22

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

Come on PM...let it go. I'm still annoyed with Keith as well, but while he @#$%&'d up with the book, Mick has seemed to channel his annoyance into creative and performance energy this year, starting with the Grammy's performance.

It ain't all bad, and 2011 has been a renaissance of sorts, for MJ.

Date: September 8, 2011 11:25

treaclefingers
Rolling Hansie
proudmary
Who deserves an award?
By Neil McCormick

Come on PM...let it go. I'm still annoyed with Keith as well, but while he @#$%&'d up with the book, Mick has seemed to channel his annoyance into creative and performance energy this year, starting with the Grammy's performance.

It ain't all bad, and 2011 has been a renaissance of sorts, for MJ.

What annoyance? I've never seen Mick express any - not in tv-interviews, nor in any newspaper articles.

If anybody can take a joke, it will have to be Mick. Like he said himself back in the day; "If they can't take a joke, that's too @#$%& bad..."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:08

"Wow, I only just found out that his wife is 55??? She looks 35!". To be fair, she looks 45. A very good looking 45-year old. Nice opal. Funny, after reading "his" book Keith liked some R & R with black girls but always ended up having affairs (longer relationships) with the blonde, Germanic modeltype (Swede, Dane, German).

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:17

Proud as a peacock and ready to tour with his new dentures and facial peel.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 04:33 by tatters.

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:41

Stoneage
"Wow, I only just found out that his wife is 55??? She looks 35!". To be fair, she looks 45. A very good looking 45-year old.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was exaggerating a little. Was just really surprised at how young she looked for her age.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:47

(sorry, in a rush, hopefully this hasn't already been posted)

[www.postchronicle.com]

Keith Richards Autobiography 'Life'; 'Meaner Than He Thought'

Keith Richards found out he was a "much meaner than he thought" when he started writing his autobiography.

The Rolling Stones guitarist learned a lot about himself when he penned his autobiography 'Life', but while he admits he didn't always do things the right way, he also discovered much about the value of friendship.

Keith - who was named Writer of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year awards in London yesterday (06.09.11) for his book - said: "I learned that I'm a much meaner b*****d than I'd thought. But at the same time I realised how much friendship meant to me, and how much my friendship had meant to other people, which I hadn't thought about before.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:55

proudmary
Richards looks good and happy - that's great. But the "Writer of the year"? Come on! When it is known that a book written by James Fox. Well, call the award the "Book of the Year" and give it to Keith and Fox together. Especially since Fox is not an anonymous ghost and rather a well-known writer.
On the other hand - what to expect from GQ award where Musician of the Year is Hugh Laurie and Woman of the year is a model?

By the way, with all the success and recognition KR himself seems to believe that he actually wrote it. It is still a huge difference - to live your life and then answer the interviewer's questions and actually sit down and write a book with your hand. I know what I'm talking about - my first book is coming out

You're right but Katie Price has won awards for 'her' books too. It's a mad world.

Date: September 8, 2011 16:20

tatters

Ready to tour and proud as a peacock with his new dentures and facial peel.

His index finger doesn't look ready...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 8, 2011 16:57

For possibly the first time ever, we may see a completely sober Rolling Stones hitting the stage, that will be interesting.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:07

[url=

][/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 21:03 by MRambler.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:28

Thanks for posting...Keith and Pattie both look great. She's come out the other side in good shape...true love there those two.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:12

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 9, 2011 00:33

tatters

Ready to tour and proud as a peacock with his new dentures and facial peel.

Dentures or implants? Any real facts here? peace.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 02:16

Beast
22:55 Johnny Depp on Keith Richards:: "He's lived his life on his own terms,"

*rolls eyes*

I'd love to see Jagger's reaction to that comment.
Yeah, he sure did, meanwhile, Jagger had to keep the Stones viable, modern, relevant and Keith alive.

When I read this shit, I really can't wait for this Spitz guy to dispell some of these myths.
Agree Mary,
Depp looks rubbery.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 9, 2011 03:00

I could understand this if he was accepting the award on behalf of his friend the writer. GQ is, as I understand it, your regular stupid glossy magazine with no real substance or relevance at all. Boulevard press.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home