Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

satanic majesties
Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: September 3, 2011 17:37

i have a couple of questions.on bill wymans in another land i hear one acoustic guitar which is steve marriot from what i read.is keith on this track? my other question is what guitar did keith use on this album? i am thinking one of his black les pauls.

Re: satanic majesties
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 3, 2011 17:50

His Majesty will surface very soon to answer this one.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 3, 2011 20:24

I'll tack on another MAJESTIES question: If you listen closely to CITADEL you can hear in spots unmelodic saxophone—almost used more as a "sound effect" than an instrument—and so my question: Is that Brian playing that sax?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-03 21:49 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: September 3, 2011 23:19

Title5Take1
I'll tack on another MAJESTIES question: If you listen closely to CITADEL you can hear in spots unmelodic saxophone—almost used more as a "sound effect" than an instrument—and so my question: Is that Brian playing that sax?
Most likely since it fits other things he played on sax. I also guess that he played some recorder on it but I'm still not sure.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 4, 2011 06:09

Silver Dagger
His Majesty will surface very soon to answer this one.

grinning smiley

The Satanic Sessions bootleg box sets reveal that it's Keith who plays the acoustic on In Another Land. Perhaps Bill's story about the song relates to some earlier demo version or something, or didn't happen quite like Bill tells it, although it sure sounds like Steve is singing on the released version.

Sounds like a soprano sax on Citadel, there's a flute part as well, both could be by Brian, but there's currently no real way of knowing for sure.

Keith is shown using a Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Sonic Blue Fender Telecaster, a 12 string Guild acoustic and a Gibson hummingbird acoustic during the sessions for the album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home