Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The Faces backstage on Bospop, 8 July, 2011 and Ron Wood and Mick Taylor join together against
Posted by: mountainhigh ()
Date: September 3, 2011 09:04

Bärs
Yes, it's important. I want to know his accent.

I think the guys accent sounds Dutch or maybe Swedish!

Re: The Faces backstage on Bospop, 8 July, 2011 and Ron Wood and Mick Taylor join together against
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 3, 2011 09:20

mountainhigh
Bärs

I think the guys accent sounds Dutch or maybe Swedish!
It's Dutch alright...no doubt about it

Date: September 3, 2011 09:27

I think the guys accent sounds Dutch or maybe Swedish![/quote]
It's Dutch alright...no doubt about it[/quote]
thumbs up

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 3, 2011 10:12

Harm
Sweethearts together
What a cool pic and many thanks to you, Dutch guy, who made the video - great stuff - and thanks for posting it here.

Date: September 3, 2011 10:26

Redhotcarpet
Harm
Sweethearts together
What a cool pic and many thanks to you, Dutch guy, who made the video - great stuff - and thanks for posting it here.

Yes I agree and thanks Harry for trying to find out if and when the Stones will tour next! You asked a very normal question to a member of the Stones,Good try!drinking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 3, 2011 10:29

its a great band, with a lot of love for the music.
loved the show at Bospop.
hope to see them more next year.
the Other Band is still waiting for....
yeah what for???
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: September 3, 2011 10:44

[/quote] Yes I agree and thanks Harry for trying to find out if and when the Stones will tour next! You asked a very normal question to a member of the Stones,Good try!drinking smiley[/quote]

sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-03 10:45 by Sacke.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: September 3, 2011 11:53

Gibsons are so nice, Fenders are rubbish.

Date: September 3, 2011 12:17

Sacke
Yes I agree and thanks Harry for trying to find out if and when the Stones will tour next! You asked a very normal question to a member of the Stones,Good try!drinking smiley[/quote]

sad smiley[/quote]

confused smiley

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 3, 2011 13:05

=> Ron Wood and Mick Taylor join together against

... against what ...?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 3, 2011 14:34

Bärs

It's a Dutch citizen with a heavy Limburgian/Brabantian accent speaking "Broken English". That was a nice movie btw.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 3, 2011 14:43

Mick T. kissing Ronnie is one of the best moments in the last years...stoneswise.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 3, 2011 21:44

pmk251
That was nice! Thanks! A heartfelt "Mick!" from Ronnie. Taylor looked sociable. Quick chat, a kiss and a request for an autograph for Marlies (I assume). Given the opportunity the next most common question could have been "Mick! Why'd you leave the Stones?"

I have it on good authority that Ronnie did NOT sign anything for Marlies. I am happy to admit an inaccurate assumption.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 3, 2011 21:56

lapaz62

OMG please don't even go there. They are both FABULOUS. Do you like Jimi Hendrix's version of Angel? or Little Wing? Castles Made of sand? Fender is so deep in your synapses you probably couldn't extract it with a peck of brain surgeons. They are very different but blend marvelously in a two guitar band. Each instrument needs it own tonal territory and Gibsons and Fenders are a matched well "out of the box" to accomplish this. The stratocaster was the result of Leo Fender asking all the top players at the time what they wanted, going back to the desig shop and incorporating the changes, many times. Hardly rubbish. confused smiley
btw if you've got any 50's or 60's fender guitars (or amps) laying around I'd be happy to send the trash collector over to your place to pick them up....winking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 3, 2011 22:11

Naturalust
lapaz62

OMG please don't even go there. They are both FABULOUS. ...... Hardly rubbish. confused smiley
btw if you've got any 50's or 60's fender guitars (or amps) laying around I'd be happy to send the trash collector over to your place to pick them up....winking smiley

thumbs up no kidding... the "us versus them" is what is rubbish.

A different scale length is all... ah anyway....
Why do some people always have to say "mine is best, yours is crap?"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 3, 2011 22:14

lapaz62

And you know this for a fact, because ... ???

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 4, 2011 02:25

What you think that your the only person that plays and owns guitars.

Date: September 4, 2011 02:46

lapaz62

When you said....
lapaz62
what did you think the response would be?... did you think everyone would agree?

Definition of rubbish-
rub·bish Noun /rub i SH/
1. Waste material; refuse or litter
2. Material that is considered unimportant or valueless

By definition, playable/nonbroken Fender guitars are not rubbish. It is all about the ability of the player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-04 02:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 4, 2011 08:24

where is the "you make is a drag to read here" brigade when you need them?

lapaz62
Fender owners are just too cheap to buy a decent guitar, twang twang

LMAO... Yup that Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards etc etc etc are such penny pinchers.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 4, 2011 11:21

lapaz62

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 4, 2011 11:33

Amsterdamned
Bärs

It's a Dutch citizen with a heavy Limburgian/Brabantian accent speaking "Broken English". That was a nice movie btw.

Don't forget the 36 beers before 4 PM.

Mathijs

Date: September 4, 2011 12:36

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Bärs

Don't forget the 36 beers before 4 PM.

Mathijs

Wow, they where that drunk? I visited the North Sea Jazz at the time. It's sneaky yonder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-05 12:59 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2011 13:27

Date: September 4, 2011 15:42

Another nice one.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 4, 2011 15:45

Damn Jagger get your lawers in and get these guys toghether with you and Wyman and Watts (and Dick Taylor) and let it happen.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 4, 2011 15:54

corriecas
its a great band, with a lot of love for the music.
loved the show at Bospop.
hope to see them more next year.
the Other Band is still waiting for....
yeah what for???
bye
jeroen

Don't pretend to be so naive they are waiting for Keith to get healthy (which is not going to happen), for Keith to quite (which is not going to happen), for Keith to die (...no comment) or for Jagger to take a lawer and solve the issue of the strangling Glimmer contracts (which Jagger is reluctand to do, not good for his image you see, but should do)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 4, 2011 16:16

i just stated i loved Ronnie and the faces.
they played their music with a lot of fun and eagerness, something i havent seen the Stones do, for many, many years.
Everyone is waiting on Jagger to give the Yes, Go Ahead word for a Stones tour.
this wont happen, i think, for a long time, because of his Super Heavy involvement.
Just hope Ronnie will give more Faces concerts and hope to see Charlie near Holland soon. Fringers crossed Ronnie and Mick Taylor will do something together soon.
bye
jeroen

Date: September 4, 2011 21:42

Rolling Hansie
lapaz62

smiling smiley

") Good one Hans....

PS
I still wonder where the people who love to say things like
"You make it a drag to post here" are with these short timer trolls (less than a year)(but they only post snotty, crappy things, never a positive word... and the "drag partol" says nothing?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 4, 2011 22:05

lapaz62

Not at all lapaz! I'm sure you play your Gibson(s) with taste and skill. A true master of your craft. I was just wondering if you (or any of your friends) have any of those old cheap fenders laying around? I have some fancy new Gibsons I would be happy to trade. peace.

Date: September 5, 2011 10:48

All I can say is that Hendrix sounded better when he pick up that Flying V and Im an old hack, just cause I dont play good, dont mean I dont hear good. I understand that some peolple like Fenders foe their light weight and are more flexible for different sounds but I just love that warm, fat Humbucker tone.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home