Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Here's to Marlon!
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 20, 2014 16:40

Wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-20 19:24 by EJM.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: April 21, 2014 02:40

Didn't Keith pay 750 000 pounds for Angela's wedding at Redlands and give the bride away? Find it odd that with all the money they have ergo time I would assume that Marlon and his Dad couldn't swing it for Keith to be available for the wedding.

If Marlon, Angie and Tara had been my children and I was Keith Richards I would find it difficult to forgive myself. Not saying he didn't and doesn't love them, but what an appalling father he was in so many ways. Your children should always be first on any parent's priority list no matter who you are.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:09

Marlon Richards is a close friend of Evan Dando of The Lemonheads....he appears in the Lemonheads "If I Could Talk I'd Tell Ya" video as the
crab like creature...was graphic designer of Lemonheads Car Button Cloth album....and was responsible for obtaining for Evan, Charlie Watts' old drum kit that he played up until the mid-70's .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:43

First Marlon looks exactly like his dad....

But now....

....he looks like Dee Dee Ramone.

How did that happen?

Date: April 21, 2014 04:00

But now....he looks like Dee Dee Ramone.

...that's 'cause it ain't Marlon ... pretty sure it's Lucie's brother Daniel

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-21 04:03 by Rockman.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 21, 2014 04:03

Take two:

Title5Take1
A bit from an article about Marlon's wife, Lucie, and her brother in the May 2014 issue of Town and Country. I just scanned one photo and the page mentioning Keith, but they're only parts of a pretty big spread on the two.

Date: April 21, 2014 04:08

ROCKMAN

Date: April 21, 2014 04:10

Rockman
But now....he looks like Dee Dee Ramone.

...that's 'cause it ain't Marlon ... pretty sure it's Lucie's brother Daniel

Ah, OK, right. I saw the name Marlon in the sentence, and I assumed it was him. You see, Marlon doesn't play in any bands, so I don't know what he looks like, especially these days. I'll find a photo of Marlon, and then I'll figure out who he looks like. Be back in a while, but don't wait up....

Oh, and by the way, Lucie's brother Daniel looks a lot like Dee Dee Ramone, don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-21 04:14 by stonehearted.

Date: April 21, 2014 04:15

Rockman

Hey, is that Courtney Love, or is that his mother Anita?

Date: April 21, 2014 04:16

....his mum Anita

ROCKMAN

Date: April 21, 2014 04:21

Wow, I'm not doing too well tonight. I'd better turn in and get some sleep and try again tomorrow. 'Night.

Date: April 21, 2014 05:04

...yep best ya quit while ya behind ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 21, 2014 15:21

Rockman
....his mum Anita

He must be joking....of course that is Anita not Courtney Love

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: April 21, 2014 17:28

That would be the best book of all: Marlon´s

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 04:22

Marlon's parts of LIFE were among the more interesting. He wore the same pair of trousers for an entire Stones tour? What a pampered show biz kid.

Date: April 22, 2014 15:41

He must have been WILD as a kid....

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 22, 2014 16:10

varilla
He must have been WILD as a kid....

Please explain...probably no wilder than any other kid growing up.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:48

Marlon was the adult of the family.
Hardly a wild child...

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:56

duke richardson
with all respect and admiration, here's to Marlon Richards

he can be proud, as can Keith and Anita, he hasn't gone for easy celebrity

just been a good dad, son and husband.

must have been pretty hard at times

WHAT??!!!!!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 22, 2014 19:00

YES??

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 22, 2014 20:33

Actually, there was some account of Marlon being very difficult and people in the Stones circle thought he was going to turn out bad. He had a lot to deal with, being the most stable one in his family. The period after Keith and Anita split up and he was living with Anita in South Salem sounds pretty hair-raising.

Date: April 22, 2014 20:58

Bliss
Actually, there was some account of Marlon being very difficult and people in the Stones circle thought he was going to turn out bad. He had a lot to deal with, being the most stable one in his family. The period after Keith and Anita split up and he was living with Anita in South Salem sounds pretty hair-raising.

its probably fair to say that so much went on in his life that is only alluded to in what we read, and now ..well I'm glad for him, and all the Stones' kids really, that given the circumstances, Marlon especially, things didn't go horribly wrong..

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 22, 2014 21:34

He must be a real-life version of Saffy from Ab-Fab

Date: April 22, 2014 21:36

tomcasagranda
He must be a real-life version of Saffy from Ab-Fab

!!!smileys with beergrinning smiley

Date: April 22, 2014 21:52

He was wild according to LIFE. He didn´t go to school, was living in an impossible enviroment, with mother/father always strung out, living in big empty house in South Salem with grandfather always on the rum, with a housekeeper completly mad...
I think he is a survivor and in a way, i admire how he has managed to do so good (stable family, kids, etc). He could have gone in any way and be a disater.
I always had the perception that although he might have been a nightmare, Keith´s love for him influenced Marlon in a positive way.
Of course this is only my way to see things since i don´t know the people involved and anyone near them.
God knows what things he saw in those days...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 22, 2014 22:29

Marlon's young life does appear to have been very chaotic. But even Spainish Tony wrote about how much Keith and Anita loved Marlon, so he did have that. Whatever his life was like then, he does seem to have turned out well. People overcome a lot worse childhood's than Marlon's. At least he never had to worry about having enought to eat or having a roof over his head.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 22, 2014 22:53

What latebloomer said.

I'll add that what the book 'Life' describes is that the environment he grew up in was wild (not Marlon). He actually appears to behave like an OK kid in that environment.

Marlon's comments contained in the book (retrospectively as a mature adult) seem to confirm he was OK, he survived, etc.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 23:19

interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 08:33 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 23, 2014 01:55

nightskyman

I'll add that what the book 'Life' describes is that the environment he grew up in was wild (not Marlon).

Exactly. In fact, he was the one who insisted on going to school, and ended up getting himself four A levels (which is one more than me), so his natural tendency seems to be the opposite of wild.

Or maybe it was his version of teenage rebellion. I remember John Lennon saying how disappointed he'd be in Julian if he told him what to do--when to come home, etc.--and Julian actually did it. grinning smiley

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:50

Haha!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home