Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Here's to Marlon!
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 09:24

Aquamarine
I remember John Lennon saying how disappointed he'd be in Julian if he told him what to do--when to come home, etc.--and Julian actually did it. grinning smiley
Julian didn't get your average-kid gifts from John >>> [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 08:32

error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 08:32 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 7, 2016 15:06

Bliss
And here's to Anita, probably the worst mother the world has ever known.

Not worse a mother than Keith was a bad father. But somehow, women seem to be judged more harshely on these things than men.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 7, 2016 15:15

rob51
Sorry but I see thing's a bit differently. The time of Marlons childhood was also the time of Keiths most irrisponsable and he ought to be ashamed of the many times his kids safety came second to his own needs. How many fires didn't Keith and Anita start while out of their heads? And how often weren't they have been way to out of it to safely raise a kid in the first place? They were the danger any reponsable normal parent would protect a child from and I think Marlons greatest achivment is probably just surviving his past.

Who's to say he doesn't feel ashamed? None of us know what conversations Keith has had with any of his kids. Are most of the Stones perfect fathers or husbands? No. Judging Keith by LIFE is hardly accurate. Some of the time, he drops the act and speaks like a real person (the best bits), but most of the time, it's the Keith cartoon. I hardly expect a Keith Richards "autobiography" to be one big mea culpa for what a horrible father and husband he was and how he regrets the choices he made. He and Mick both maintain public personas and rarely deviate.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 16:50

Rockman
Marlon Richards is a close friend of Evan Dando of The Lemonheads....he appears in the Lemonheads "If I Could Talk I'd Tell Ya" video as the
crab like creature...was graphic designer of Lemonheads Car Button Cloth album....and was responsible for obtaining for Evan, Charlie Watts' old drum kit that he played up until the mid-70's .....

Whoa, Rockman, this blew my mind!!! I loved this video as a teenager in the '90s, but that was long before I knew who Marlon Richards was.

Marlon still looks great today, though much less crab-like! Here he is at the opening of Exhibitionism, with his sister Theodora.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 7, 2016 17:24

I will sure as heck raise a toast to Marlon, he is a success at life. smileys with beer

So many messed up rich kids these days, die early, go to jail, be too thirsty for publicity, mess up every chance they have... I think it is OK to cheers the lack of drama from the son of one of the most famous men on the planet, especially knowing all he was exposed to as a kid smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 7, 2016 20:03

jambay i agree with you 100% Marlon is a success at life and good for him !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2016 20:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 21:09 by Stoneage.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:24

I used to know Marlon and I adore him.

He loves both his parents whom he helped "raise."

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 7, 2016 22:31

TheGreek
jambay i agree with you 100% Marlon is a success at life and good for him !
Right on The Greek smileys with beer

And ya know, for as much as I see some people bash on his parents (mostly it seems harshly judging from afar, not knowing all there is to know mostly what they read in a book or something)...

I only can look them from the results and Keith instilled something in his kids that they seem to be OK, I suppose... at least they are not making a lot of headlines for the wrong reasons (not that I would notice their headlines unless they made major news), they don't seem to write tell-all books, or spread family business in public like you see a lot of famous family kids do... I was almost going to names example some names, but nah... We all the their deal and have heard all the stories of messed up kids... in jail, dead, worthless, skid row, hate their parents, yadda yadda yadda.

Being normal and doing OK is Goodsmiling smiley

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 8, 2016 03:28

Marlon's got his dad's hairline, that's for sure. Love that last photo.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 11, 2016 21:19

matxil
Bliss
And here's to Anita, probably the worst mother the world has ever known.

Not worse a mother than Keith was a bad father. But somehow, women seem to be judged more harshely on these things than men.

Anita was considered so destructive that Keith's mother took Angela/Dandelion away to live with her permanently. To this day, I have only ever seen one photo of Anita with Angela, in a family photo at Angela's wedding.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 12, 2016 14:01

Keith flew his mother and Angela to the states for visits with him, Anita, and Marlon. I was there one weekend, and Anita was very affectionate with Angela. She called her "Dandy". Even now Keith flies Anita in for visits to the grandkids at Parrot Cay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-12 14:03 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 13, 2016 14:07

chatoyancy
Keith flew his mother and Angela to the states for visits with him, Anita, and Marlon. I was there one weekend, and Anita was very affectionate with Angela. She called her "Dandy". Even now Keith flies Anita in for visits to the grandkids at Parrot Cay.

Yes, I have seen the pics of Doris and Angela visiting Keith. And I know Patti has generously included Anita in the family circle. But apart from her wedding, I have never seen a pic of adult Angela with Anita, which is strange, as they both live in England. There are many pics of Anita and Marlon together over the last 10 years.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 13, 2016 15:51

Bliss
chatoyancy

Yes, I have seen the pics of Doris and Angela visiting Keith. And I know Patti has generously included Anita in the family circle. But apart from her wedding, I have never seen a pic of adult Angela with Anita, which is strange, as they both live in England. There are many pics of Anita and Marlon together over the last 10 years.

And, from what I am aware all three of them visit Redlands quite regularly. Maybe separately however.
I think Angela lives nearby, not sure.
She has kept a low profile over the years.....which is a credit to her.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home