Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Here's to Marlon!
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:17

with all respect and admiration, here's to Marlon Richards

he can be proud, as can Keith and Anita, he hasn't gone for easy celebrity

just been a good dad, son and husband.

must have been pretty hard at times

Re: Here's to Marlon!
Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:43

what has he done? other than being the son of keith richards.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:00

duke richardson...yea'..ya' right and I think all The Rolling Stones can be proud of their children smileys with beer

Date: August 30, 2011 05:00

especially Brian!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:16

Marlon had to put up with a lot, and Keith knows this better than anyone.
Remember all those sequences in "Life" when Keith would obviously not remember months on end and Marlon would suddenly be brought in to explain...stuff.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:21

ineedadrink

I get the impression that he did a lot to look after his dad, as much as he could.

I think a lot of Keith's reputation is overblown, but Marlon's presence did a lot to keep Keith out of more trouble than we know about.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:28

I'll cheers Marlon... smileys with beer
Good for him for being a good son.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 07:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:58

Marlon's earliest memories are of his father and mother sacked out on the floor completely wasted.

I don't believe Keith ever addressed in his book how many people he hurt with his self-indulgences.

Posted by: djohns1972 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 08:38

Brian? I hate to break it to you, but Brian can't be proud. He's kind of dead right now and I don't see a change in his condition in the foreseeable future. What did his kids ever do to be proud of anyway?

Marlon seems to be a decent man despite having to look after his mother and father since he was 4 years old.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 30, 2011 09:01

djohns1972
Brian? I hate to break it to you, but Brian can't be proud. He's kind of dead right now and I don't see a change in his condition in the foreseeable future. What did his kids ever do to be proud of anyway?

Marlon seems to be a decent man despite having to look after his mother and father since he was 4 years old.

I think you missed a heavy dose of irony there.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 30, 2011 09:48

Wonder if he'll ever decide to publish his story?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:02

And here's to Anita, probably the worst mother the world has ever known.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 30, 2011 12:40

Bliss

That's kinda harsh. You only need to watch the daily news to see worse.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2011 14:26

Edith Grove
Bliss

That's kinda harsh. You only need to watch the daily news to see worse.

ok, let's give her that. bottom 2% of mothers then.

Posted by: djohns1972 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 15:30

I think you missed a heavy dose of irony there.

I think you did too winking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 30, 2011 15:34

I remember very well seeing Marlon inside the Olympic Stadium in Munich in 1982. He just looked like Keith. Anyway what's it all about. Nobody can choose his parents as Jim Morrison said... into this house we're born into this world we're thrown...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 19, 2014 09:32

A bit from an article about Marlon's wife, Lucie, and her brother in the May 2014 issue of Town and Country. I just scanned one photo and the page mentioning Keith, but they're only parts of a pretty big spread on the two.

Date: April 19, 2014 12:29

Very interesting article. I am really surprised that Keith did not attend Marlon's wedding in 1994. It seems unlikely that the reason was because he thought their r'ship was unstable, or that he disapproved of Lucie.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:38

....from memory the wedding clashed with the Voodoo tour ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2014 12:40

Rockman
....from memory the wedding clashed with the Voodoo tour ...

Right. But why wouldn't they have scheduled the wedding at a different time so Keith could be there? Who would be more important to Marlon than Keith?

Date: April 19, 2014 12:44

.....can't help ya on that one Bliss ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 19, 2014 15:07

Some people are funny though regarding weddings and funerals. I can understand Keith's logic in Life by not attending them. Personally, if I need to visit someone, I give them 2 hours of my time, and that's it. After 2 hours you get restless, and want to leave.

More often than not, I decline wedding invitations for the 2 hour reason: these things go on for longer than two hours, and, unless there's a business sense to it, 2 hours is an hour too long.

Date: April 19, 2014 15:11

.....maybe ya should attend the divorce tom ... they usually pump them thru court in under two hours ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 19, 2014 22:16

ineedadrink
Friend of Johnny Depp and hence Keith's reason to be in "Pirates of....." movies, cheers.

Btw, he didn't have an easy childhood. He survived and as can be understood, he is doing fine.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 19, 2014 22:41

tomcasagranda
Some people are funny though regarding weddings and funerals. I can understand Keith's logic in Life by not attending them. Personally, if I need to visit someone, I give them 2 hours of my time, and that's it. After 2 hours you get restless, and want to leave.

More often than not, I decline wedding invitations for the 2 hour reason: these things go on for longer than two hours, and, unless there's a business sense to it, 2 hours is an hour too long.

Wow. Ain't nothing like friendship...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 19, 2014 23:38

Bliss
Very interesting article. I am really surprised that Keith did not attend Marlon's wedding in 1994. It seems unlikely that the reason was because he thought their r'ship was unstable, or that he disapproved of Lucie.

From what I understand, Keith didn't sit down & write out an outline of things that needed discussion. I am under the impression that the book was written based on interviews with Keith. If the interviewer didn't ask about such a topic, Keith could easily not have brought it up -- as I'm sure we didn't hear about many other topics as well.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 20, 2014 03:17

Sorry but I see thing's a bit differently. The time of Marlons childhood was also the time of Keiths most irrisponsable and he ought to be ashamed of the many times his kids safety came second to his own needs. How many fires didn't Keith and Anita start while out of their heads? And how often weren't they have been way to out of it to safely raise a kid in the first place? They were the danger any reponsable normal parent would protect a child from and I think Marlons greatest achivment is probably just surviving his past.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 20, 2014 03:19

Rockman
.....maybe ya should attend the divorce tom ... they usually pump them thru court in under two hours ...

Laugh of the week LOL spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 20, 2014 03:43

Whatever his childhood trials may have been, Marlon has certainly been lucky in love. That is a gorgeous picture of Lucie and Daniel. She has obviously been good for Marlon, it seems they are good for each other.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 20, 2014 16:07

vertigojoe
tomcasagranda

Wow. Ain't nothing like friendship...

No: it's itchy feet, more than anything else. Today is Easter Sunday, and I've already been to Mass. I go, and say my prayers, pick up The Tablet, but I don't hang around for the after-Mass chin-wags. I will shortly be going up to my brother and sister-in-law's house for dinner, yet within an hour or so I get restless, and want to leave. It's just me and the way I am.

I like to have at least an hour on my own, where I read, or contemplate, and also a few hours to listen to music, be it rock or classical. This idea, or concept, of sitting through a huge event, i.e a wedding, for hours on end really annoys, or irritates me.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home