Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best Dressed Rolling Stone on and off stage
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 30, 2011 15:42

Come On
It used to be Brian Jones

Bingo. Still is.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:04

I don't know of any other musicians that would change their clothes as often as Mick,Keith and Ronnie do while they're performing sometimes ya' would see a clothes rack full of shirts on the stage..but thats cool I like it smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:25

Carnaby
Come On

Bingo. Still is.

Yeah you must be the man to know Mr Carnaby...grinning smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:31

Mick lives with L'Wren a top stylist in the trade which influences some of what he chooses to wear these days (she is a recognized designer in her own right)...he gets access to top showrooms bar none and he probably has a stylist that coordinates his personal vs work attire (there is definetely a wardrobe stylist for the tours)...big difference. Ronnie also because the coordinated looks he is seen in would suggest he has someone putting the designer looks together.... In terms of style icon...few are higher on the food chain than Mick. Charlie is all Saville Row bespoke and that's kind of his hobby.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 30, 2011 18:27

More Hot Rocks
Sleepy City

Another reason to hate the 80's

I think he looks pretty cool in this, & somehow the clothes suit him (Keith or Ronnie would look ridiculous wearing these).

I hate his bass guitar though.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 30, 2011 20:18

Come On
Carnaby
Come On

Bingo. Still is.

Yeah you must be the man to know Mr Carnaby...grinning smiley

Well.... I don't know if I know THAT much. I think each of the Stones have had their day at looking best. Usually it was during their time hanging around Anita Pallenberg...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 20:19 by Carnaby.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 30, 2011 20:25

....she was probably the most influential stylist/muse for them certainly....and any photos from that period are iconic

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 31, 2011 00:05

These are pretty big statements.

For a very brief period of time perhaps.

Can you imagine Charlie Watts consulting Anita (whom I happen to like) about his wardrobe? Mick's gear in 1969 was put together by himself. Keith was heavily influenced by bikers, gypsies and his own artistic leanings. No Anita for Wyman and Taylor.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2011 00:26

Sleepy City
More Hot Rocks
Sleepy City

Another reason to hate the 80's

I think he looks pretty cool in this, & somehow the clothes suit him (Keith or Ronnie would look ridiculous wearing these).

I hate his bass guitar though.

I think he looks a little like Olivia Newton-John here....but I do like Olivia Newton-John, don't get me wrong.

I just don't want the bassist for the Rolling Stones to look like her.

I hate his bass guitar as well, so for me, this is just a mess.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 31, 2011 03:41

Darryl Jones knows what to wear a smart dresser

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: August 31, 2011 03:45

On stage I'd say Brian and then Keith. Off stage Keith until the 80's. The 80's were a big ole mess as far as fashion style goes.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 31, 2011 03:53

said ill be back winking smiley

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: August 31, 2011 10:53

my vote goes to mick

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 31, 2011 11:50

Rip This
Mick lives with L'Wren a top stylist in the trade which influences some of what he chooses to wear these days (she is a recognized designer in her own right)...he gets access to top showrooms bar none and he probably has a stylist that coordinates his personal vs work attire (there is definetely a wardrobe stylist for the tours)...big difference. Ronnie also because the coordinated looks he is seen in would suggest he has someone putting the designer looks together.... In terms of style icon...few are higher on the food chain than Mick. Charlie is all Saville Row bespoke and that's kind of his hobby.

Agree about Mick and Charlie; Ronnie looks like an impoverished but cool art student. He made some truly terrible fashion choices in his Ekat days; huge plaid blanket jackets and Ugg boots.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 31, 2011 11:56

And for the record, I will say that I thought Anita's fashion choices were horrible. Additionally, except for her role in Performance, she always looked unkempt and dirty, beneath the dramatic outfits. Cecil Beaton's description of her from 1967 is apt. She was a fantastically beautiful woman, and so she was striking even with her bizarre or comical outfits.

Marianne always looked fine, but it was Bianca who, with her exotic looks, impeccable grooming, and unerringly sophisticated taste, was in the stratosphere of beautiful women of her day.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 31, 2011 12:09

my vote goes to Jerry Hall being dressed like a sophisticated lady...I can't really understand the admiration for Anita that absolute wanted to be close to a Stone....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 31, 2011 12:22

Bliss
And for the record, I will say that I thought Anita's fashion choices were horrible. Additionally, except for her role in Performance, she always looked unkempt and dirty, beneath the dramatic outfits.

And Keith didn't?

Posted by: SurfinStonesDude ()
Date: May 9, 2012 20:35

From 1962 to now

Brian Jones
Charlie Watts
Mick Jagger

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:21

Mick and Jerry lookin' dandy.

Photographer unknown.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:25

Brian's been wearing the same outfit for decades. grinning smiley

Oh yes I did.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:39

Jerry looks like one tough mama.

Posted by: SurfinStonesDude ()
Date: May 9, 2012 23:40

SurfinStonesDude
From 1962 to now

Brian Jones
Charlie Watts
Mick Jagger

Just to add to that if Brian was still with us I think it would be a close call between him and Mick for the best dressed.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 10, 2012 00:04

Depends on which era. Brian edged it in the 60's, Keith from 69 - 75, Charlie 75 - 90's and then Jagger onwards with a little bit of Ron thrown in. My personal favourite look is the Exile heroin chic modelled by Mr Keith Richards and Gram Parsons

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 10, 2012 05:59

Brian and Charlie, hands down. But, two different birds entirely. Brian was the experimenter and the trend setter. He wore things that it took others years to catch up to. Charlie on the other hand is the ultimate sophisticate, in the classic style. Both of them had/have extremely good taste.

I was always amused by Bill's outfits. As an American I thought he was dressed in a European style that I didn't understand. He was such an odd thumb on their hand. But that's what made the Stones. His impassive looks sometimes portrayed an ugliness and dark menace that had nothing to do with the man at all. His imperfection was a good counter balance to the three fops playing guitars and singing.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 10, 2012 07:02

Current:

Off Stage - Charlie
On Stage - Mick

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 10, 2012 08:36

watts hands down.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home