Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?
Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:35

Rolling Hansie
Baxter Thwaites
Don't you have anything better to do than pontificate from your moral high ground?

So I was right ? It is just for fun ?

Originally it was just a question. But it has turned into a fun thread.

Re: Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:41

and..... FUN IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE... stock up.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:47

Yawn. Stupor Heavy will sink like a lead balloon, as opposed to a Led Zeppelin.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 21, 2011 11:59

Although I think it's good for music that Mick is testing new water i always think that making up a band from big artists does not always mean it will bw good.

I think Bowie was brave forming the Group tin machine, i haven't done research on this but i think they were all unknown musicions.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 21, 2011 12:36

Title5Take1 posted this interview with GQ MAGAZINE.[www.iorr.org]
among other things,Mick answers the question why he needed the whole project

to keep his shops in shape - that's the point

In addition, we see that he gets from it a great pleasure. Thare are almost a million views on YouTube, they have the good press,there is talk of the Renaissance of Mick Jagger [www.iorr.org]
- not so bad for the future Stones plans, so why should one hate all this?
NB: what he says about the Stones "The Stones are more bluesy" - in the present tense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 12:41 by proudmary.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2011 14:11

proudmary
what he says about the Stones "The Stones are more bluesy" - in the present tense

Good catch. I didn't notice that before. So there still is hope

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 21, 2011 15:40

"The Stones are more bluesy"

"are" .... YES!!... that is "present tense" [en.wikipedia.org] .... its alive... ITS ALIVE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 15:42 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 21, 2011 16:34

Not moved at all. I have been so disappointed by most of Mick's past solo efforts that I don't get very interested unless he is with the Stones. A year from now I may listen to Super Heavy and get into it but for now not into it.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: August 21, 2011 16:40

Baxter Thwaites
I think I would rather watch paint dry!!

I agree with that!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: August 21, 2011 17:25

Fan Since 1964
Baxter Thwaites
I think I would rather watch paint dry!!

I agree with that!

OK then. Here it is again. Enjoy.

-------------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 21, 2011 17:26

Max'sKansasCity
"The Stones are more bluesy"

"are" .... YES!!... that is "present tense" [en.wikipedia.org] .... its alive... ITS ALIVE!!!

smileys with beer

Date: August 21, 2011 17:27

Baxter Thwaites
treaclefingers
Baxter Thwaites
treaclefingers
Baxter Thwaites
Title5Take1
Don't you have anything better to do than start such a thread?

Don't you have anything better to do than pontificate from your moral high ground?

Look baxter...if it were keith in this band, instead of mick you'd be waving the flag.

you have absolutely no credibility, so i consider your position to be irrelevant.

from what I've seen, your unable to be impartial, so it's hard to take you very seriously.

Hey treacle, why are you taking it all so seriously?

Credibility? Who needs credibility - it's a music forum. I think you are confusing it with something serious.

Waving the flag for Keith? He doesn't need me to wave a flag for him. I just don't particularly like Super Heavy.

So my advice to you treacle is sit back, relax and don't get so wound up.

Don't start a thread if you don't want the feedback...you said it was like watching paint dry. IMO, anything Mick does out of the Stones you'd have a problem with, and you didn't actually address the point I made, which is if this we're Keith's project, you'd be salivating.

What are you? Some sort of thread quality control officer?

For the record I loved Wandering Spirit and was totally obsessed about it when it came out. I just find the rest of his somewhat limited solo cannon to be a bit limp wristed. Many will agree that MJs solo work is weak. But for the record I have no particular desire to knock Mick. Your opinion that I have a problem with anything that Mick does outside the Stones is flawed. I would love him to do something I would like.

As for flag waving for Keith. Yes, I love his solo work. But I did think Wingless Angels was tedious shit.

I don't salivate over anything. I suspect that you salivate over everything, but mainly due to some sort of medical condition.

Get well soon!!!!

feeling better today!

Date: August 21, 2011 17:28

treaclefingers
feeling better today!

smiling smiley Good

-------------------

Date: August 21, 2011 17:36

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
feeling better today!

smiling smiley Good

har har! smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 21, 2011 17:44

Super Heavy is a dull name for a start and even if they appeared at my local music pub,the only reason I would go is to see Mick and Joss Stone.Would love it if they sang a couple of Stones songs and Joss Stone stuff but that's about it.A few nice covers would go down well I expect. eye rolling smiley

Date: August 21, 2011 17:49

crawdaddy
Super Heavy is a dull name for a start and even if they appeared at my local music pub,the only reason I would go is to see Mick and Joss Stone.Would love it if they sang a couple of Stones songs and Joss Stone stuff but that's about it.A few nice covers would go down well I expect. eye rolling smiley

I'd have to give the CD a few spins before coming up with a final decision. I've liked the first two singles though. The 3rd Indian song they've released not so much...it's ok, but a little boring.

Date: August 21, 2011 17:50

crawdaddy
to see Mick and Joss Stone

Good enough reason for me too smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: August 21, 2011 18:06

pgarof

I think Bowie was brave forming the Group tin machine, i haven't done research on this but i think they were all unknown musicions.

Only guitarist Reeves Gabrels in Tin Machine was relatively unknown. Tin Machine also included Hunt (drums) and Tony (bass) Sales, the sons of Soupy Sales, who were in Iggy's band on The Idiot and Lust for Life. Hunt played one of the most famous drum intros ever on "Lust for Life."

But the Sales brothers were awful in Tin Machine. The rhythm section was clumsy and did not swing at all.

Date: August 21, 2011 18:16

TIL(today I learned) [www.google.com] about Soupy's boys..... cool smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 18:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: August 21, 2011 18:51

So far I'm not moved at all. I am very open to the album though. Would like to hear the whole thing before I spend money on it. I have really enjoyed Mick's solo stuff (except Primitive Cool) On a side note - I woke up this morning with Miracle Worker stuck in my head! Maybe I'm warming up to it.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 21, 2011 22:30

treaclefingers
Baxter Thwaites
treaclefingers
Baxter Thwaites
treaclefingers
Baxter Thwaites
Title5Take1
Don't you have anything better to do than start such a thread?

Look baxter...if it were keith in this band, instead of mick you'd be waving the flag.

you have absolutely no credibility, so i consider your position to be irrelevant.

from what I've seen, your unable to be impartial, so it's hard to take you very seriously.

Hey treacle, why are you taking it all so seriously?

Credibility? Who needs credibility - it's a music forum. I think you are confusing it with something serious.

Waving the flag for Keith? He doesn't need me to wave a flag for him. I just don't particularly like Super Heavy.

So my advice to you treacle is sit back, relax and don't get so wound up.

Don't start a thread if you don't want the feedback...you said it was like watching paint dry. IMO, anything Mick does out of the Stones you'd have a problem with, and you didn't actually address the point I made, which is if this we're Keith's project, you'd be salivating.

What are you? Some sort of thread quality control officer?

For the record I loved Wandering Spirit and was totally obsessed about it when it came out. I just find the rest of his somewhat limited solo cannon to be a bit limp wristed. Many will agree that MJs solo work is weak. But for the record I have no particular desire to knock Mick. Your opinion that I have a problem with anything that Mick does outside the Stones is flawed. I would love him to do something I would like.

As for flag waving for Keith. Yes, I love his solo work. But I did think Wingless Angels was tedious shit.

I don't salivate over anything. I suspect that you salivate over everything, but mainly due to some sort of medical condition.

Get well soon!!!!

feeling better today!

Glad that you have recovered your equilibrium!!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 22, 2011 00:01

It´s a pathetic joke from the begining to the end. As i said before, nowadys Jagger seem more interested in drinking tea with prins Charles and doing this supershitty thing. He is not a rockstar any more in my eyes.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 22, 2011 00:17

Yeah,Fan Since 1964,Baxter Thwaites and Keith could watch Muddy Waters paint dry.Just remember to make a movie out of it,so everyone could see the truth.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: August 22, 2011 00:42

This nonsense just makes it that much harder for the Stones to get back on the road.

Posted by: rangerdave ()
Date: August 22, 2011 00:56

Did anyone hear the story about Bob Dylan going to visit Dave Stewart? This is apparently the gospel truth:
Bob agreed to go visit Dave at his house in North London. Somewhere along the line he got the wrong address and shows up at the wrong house in Crouch End. He knocks on the door and a woman answers. 'Is Dave here?' asks Bob. Now, as it happens, this lady's husband is coincidentally named Dave, and happens to be a HUGE Dylan fan. So his wife walks into the living room and says: 'Ummmmmmm, Daaaaaaave.... Bob Dylan's at the door and he's asking for you...'

Made me smile....
winking smiley

Date: August 22, 2011 01:02

LOL rangerdave. Good story

-------------------

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 22, 2011 01:03

rangerdave
He knocks on the door and a woman answers. 'Is Dave here?' asks Bob.

Wow! I thought we were going to get this: [www.ebaumsworld.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 22, 2011 01:28

nope, not unmoved here... maybe try a little roughage in the diet?

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: August 22, 2011 03:12

I wanted to like it, but I really don't, I think it's junk, but then again, that's only my opinion. To me, it seems like Jagger's trying too hard. I won't be buying it.

Date: August 22, 2011 06:26

I'm sure I'll buy it, play it a few times and shelve, just I have nearly every Jagger solo project. Yawn.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home