Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith new photo, apparently at work
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:50

northernale1
comment above is totally stupid

Yes, totally...although that is what I thought as well...UGG boots!

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:53

treaclefingers
northernale1
comment above is totally stupid

Yes, totally...although that is what I thought as well...UGG boots!

he maybe borrowed those from Ronnie,, as he likes to wear them also

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 16, 2011 02:28

northernale1
proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady
MRambler gives picture date as 28th April though I don't know the source of that info.
Jane Rose put the pics up on Keith's site on friday.

Yes. it is weird that she puts the old photos of KR in the same day when a new Mick's video comes out.
Much has been said here about the negative role of Don Was or Chuck, but no one talked about Jane Rose. I think it was her decision to give this particular passage from the KR's book in the Times and then allow to print the obscene interview, in which Richards discusses with the interviewer the sizes of penis and balls of his so-called friend.
I think that she is largely responsible for what is happening now with the Stones ,I mean the relationship between Mick and Richards.
It seems that she is more concerned to prove that Keith Richards is much more significant and cooler than Mick Jagger, than about the legacy and the future of the Rolling Stones

Im not sure who is taking longer to get over it Mick or ProudMary

Dunno, but this particular interview - which started the whole promotion of his book, it was the very first interview - it's just absolutely inexcusable and disgusting. No parallels
Second - that's what Teddy posted today or yesterday "As for Mick Jagger, as others have posted, he has not been in contact with other Stone.But everyone expects he will be in time for band work in the coming year.". Obviously that means Mick did not take this as a harmless nice joke and still not clear whether the tour will be held next year
third, that's what NY Post has published today
"It was the fact that it was all dredged up in the interview afterwards that really upset Mick. Many believe this is the real reason why talks in relation to the tour have broken down."[www.iorr.org]

But basically what we're arguing about? I think the KR's desire to humiliate Jagger is stronger than his desire to keep the Stones. You think that Jagger gets what he deserves. That is no reason to quarrel and to get personal. I, at least, have nothing against you

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 02:39

so but in your POST.. says alot about Micks character( which as a perfomer I enjoy, and a person I find him to be cold and all about money)

you state he has not been in touch with other stones,, why would what Keith say have anything to do with his contact with others,,

I believe its more his lack of interest of working with the stones, then anything Keith said in his book,,

but when he decides he needs to fill his pockets again, it will be micks decision to go out on tour with warhorses, and fill stadiums,,

so as far as the book its a non issue,,

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2011 10:44

proudmary
I think the KR's desire to humiliate Jagger is stronger than his desire to keep the Stones.

You really think that ? I think you are joking.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 16, 2011 10:52

The vocal microphone and the note stand tells me that this is a pic of Keith recording new material, or at least something that he doesn't know well enough to sing, by heart.

Great!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 16, 2011 15:11

There is still a road from the picture to the recorded music...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 15:25 by Doxa.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 16, 2011 19:48

DandelionPowderman
The vocal microphone and the note stand tells me that this is a pic of Keith recording new material, or at least something that he doesn't know well enough to sing, by heart.

Great!
You mean like Happy?winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 22:04

Hm. I would agree with snout eighty percent of that assessment, so I must also be a compete idiot. I would say that Jagger is not all about the money, but also the acclaim and success. But they are waiting on him, and were doing so before the publication of Life. Mick still wants a solo hit record.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 16, 2011 22:17

TeddyB1018
Hm. I would agree with snout eighty percent of that assessment, so I must also be a compete idiot. I would say that Jagger is not all about the money, but also the acclaim and success. But they are waiting on him, and were doing so before the publication of Life. Mick still wants a solo hit record.

so the rest of the band are humble little guys who arent about money,acclaim and success? excuse me,but i was under the impression that the entire band were millionares.is mick forcing the rest of them to take these large amounts of money??
do they say "no mick no dont make us do it,we would really rather play for much less"i doubt it..

and i got news for you -everbody wants a hit record.

Date: August 16, 2011 22:30

lem motlow
so the rest of the band are humble little guys who arent about money,acclaim and success?

That's not what Teddy posted. Just read his message for what it is.

-------------------

Date: August 16, 2011 23:45

northernale1
so but in your POST.. says alot about Micks character( which as a perfomer I enjoy, and a person I find him to be cold and all about money)
you state he has not been in touch with other stones,, why would what Keith say have anything to do with his contact with others,,
I believe its more his lack of interest of working with the stones, then anything Keith said in his book,,
but when he decides he needs to fill his pockets again, it will be micks decision to go out on tour with warhorses, and fill stadiums,,
so as far as the book its a non issue,,
TeddyB1018
Hm. I would agree with snout eighty percent of that assessment, so I must also be a compete idiot. I would say that Jagger is not all about the money, but also the acclaim and success. But they are waiting on him, and were doing so before the publication of Life. Mick still wants a solo hit record.[/quote]

let me not believe in this statement. when they were waiting for Mick - in 2009-2010 KR's wife was ill with cancer and was treated - I do not think that he was ready to go on tour. Then he worked on his book. Yes, I'm sure they had plans once in late 2010 to go in the studio and preparing for the tour, but those plans were canceled because of Richards indecent behavior - Yes, I will repeat it again, his interview with the Times was absolutely inexcusable, stupid and indecent.
so what that 80% you agree with northernale1? I guess this is part about Mick being cold and greedy and since you probably know him personally we have to believe you. but with this kind of attitude to him is not surprising that Jagger is cold to you.
In addition, Mick does not do anything solo - in contrast to KR.
"Jagger is not all about the money, but also the acclaim and success".
And Richards isn't like this? He stars in the Disney movie for the love of cinema art and writes tabloid book for the love of literature.
"but when he decides he needs to fill his pockets again, it will be micks decision to go out on tour with warhorses, and fill stadiums"
That's why instead of filling his pockets with the Stones, Jagger is busy with the project which he initially considered a failure commercially

Date: August 16, 2011 23:49

lem motlow
no,but thats what the person he said he was agreeing with implied

If that's what you want to read, then that's your problem

-------------------

Date: August 16, 2011 23:51

lem motlow
stop kissing ass.

What do you mean with that ? You have a problem with me ?

-------------------

Date: August 17, 2011 09:18

I think Jagger is the greatest frontman ever. He's funny and smart. Cold is not the word I would use, but neither would I call him "warm." what is this discussion about exactly? Of course they all like success and money. All I said is that they are waiting on Mick, and they were before the "Life" interviews. Of course Patti's illness figured into things. Personally I don't think the Stones need a hit single. A good record would be nice though. In my opinion, Dave Stewart isn't the most exciting collaborator. But Mick can obviously do what turns him on. He's more than earned that. They all have.

Date: August 17, 2011 10:38

TeddyB1018
I think Jagger is the greatest frontman ever. He's funny and smart. Cold is not the word I would use, but neither would I call him "warm." what is this discussion about exactly? Of course they all like success and money. All I said is that they are waiting on Mick, and they were before the "Life" interviews. Of course Patti's illness figured into things. Personally I don't think the Stones need a hit single. A good record would be nice though. In my opinion, Dave Stewart isn't the most exciting collaborator. But Mick can obviously do what turns him on. He's more than earned that. They all have.

I would not say that I am a big fan of Dave Stewart. but he is a true and loyal friend to Jagger in contrast to Richards. If you'he read the interviews KR gave after the end of the BB tour (before the book) - it's a constant flow of mud on Mick which can be summarized in few words - Boy, Do I Hate Mick Jagger
Hardly a good basis for productive teamwork.
You write, they were waiting on Mick. When? 2008 2009 - out of question ( too soon after the tour and the illness of Richards' wife), so you're talking about 2010, while Richards was finishing his book, full of attacks on Jagger and designed to rewrite the history of the Stones, with emphasis on the fact that all what they have achieved that's his, KR's personal merit.
I personally read an Richards interview with Fox long before there were first excerpts from the book on the Internet. and I understood it's direction. So if Jagger is really smart, he could figure out the tone of the book. TO go on tour with Richads it meant to give him the opportunity to promote his book and his attacks on Jagger.
That's why Richards in all of the interviewes in the time of promotion of the book on the the question how does a book affect the relationship with Jagger said that they were going to record an album in December and in July to go on tour - just to give the legitimacy to it.
I think Mick wanted to see how things turn out - and that's what he got: an unprecedented campaign of ridicule and humiliation
After this Keith, as I understand it, is not going to apologize and quietly recording his solo album.
Richards has always declared his love for the Stones and what we have now? Stones are off topic in conversations with Jagger, Charlie and Ronnie.
Richards owns them alone. But you're right - he's more than earned that

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-17 11:10 by proudmary.

Date: August 17, 2011 10:56

What is this discussion about now? Coming in cold and reading the posts back to back it looks like most agreeing, just saying it from different angles.
Dave Stewart might be a good friend to Jagger; but I don't think you can call him a "better friend" than Keith. Jagger and Keith grew up together , and have been joined at the hip through the wild formative years. Dave S showed up after Jagger had been around for ages, and in many people's opinion already done with his best years.

Date: August 17, 2011 11:31

proudmary
TeddyB1018

I would not say that I am a big fan of Dave Stewart. but he is a true and loyal friend to Jagger in contrast to Richards. If you'he read the interviews KR gave after the end of the BB tour (before the book) - it's a constant flow of mud on Mick which can be summarized in few words - Boy, Do I Hate Mick Jagger
You write, they were waiting on Mick. When? 2008 2009 - out of question ( too soon after the tour and the illness of Richards' wife), so you're talking about 2010, while Richards was finishing his book, full of attacks on Jagger and designed to rewrite the history of the Stones, with emphasis on the fact that all what they have achieved that's his, KR's personal merit.
I personally read an Richards interview with Fox long before there were first excerpts from the book on the Internet. and I understood it's direction. So if Jagger is really smart, he could figure out the tone of the book. TO go on tour with Richads it meant to give him the opportunity to promote his book and his attacks on Jagger.
That's why Richards in all of the interviewes in the time of promotion of the book on the the question how does a book affect the relationship with Jagger said that they were going to record an album in December and in July to go on tour - just to give the legitimacy to it.
I think Mick wanted to see how things turn out - and that's what he got: an unprecedented campaign of ridicule and humiliation
After this Keith, as I understand it, is not going to apologize and quietly recording his solo album.
Richards has always declared his love for the Stones and what we have now? Stones are off topic in conversations with Jagger, Charlie and Ronnie.

I think you're taking the "attacks" on Jagger too literally. These guys have been through quite a few storms together. They have a strong bond. This is nothing.

And, don't trust Fox smiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2011 11:36

Palace Revolution 2000
What is this discussion about now? Coming in cold and reading the posts back to back it looks like most agreeing, just saying it from different angles.
Dave Stewart might be a good friend to Jagger; but I don't think you can call him a "better friend" than Keith. Jagger and Keith grew up together , and have been joined at the hip through the wild formative years. Dave S showed up after Jagger had been around for ages, and in many people's opinion already done with his best years.

Discussions develop according to their own laws, for some reason it went in that direction. I would not say that we basically agree - in my opinion, we affirm the opposite things.
I think the Stones are over because of the incredible and inexplicable Richards' hostility towards Jagger and his desire to own them alone.
Teddy blames Jagger who makes everyone wait because he wants to achieve success in his solo career.

About friendship - Richards himself has said that he and Mick are not friends. They are not friends from the 80s.
Dave S showed up after Jagger had been around for ages, and in many people's opinion already done with his best years
On my opinion, the friendship is not about one's creative peaks or downs. Btw, may be Stewart does not think like these many people(including KR) who has written Mick off completely and believes that Jagger can still deliver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-17 12:02 by proudmary.

Date: August 17, 2011 11:48

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
TeddyB1018

I think you're taking the "attacks" on Jagger too literally. These guys have been through quite a few storms together. They have a strong bond. This is nothing.

Hey, you know I would love to be wrong. I've never seen the Stones live, not @#$%& once, and would very much like to see them. So if Mick would forgo his pride and dignity for my pleasure - I will accept it with gratitudewinking smiley

Date: August 17, 2011 11:52

I'm not blaming Mick for anything. I just said what everyone knows: that the rest of the band is waiting on him. No judgement.

Date: August 17, 2011 12:04

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
TeddyB1018

Hey, you know I would love to be wrong. I've never seen the Stones live, not @#$%& once, and would very much like to see them. So if Mick would forgo his pride and dignity for my pleasure - I will accept it with gratitudewinking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 17, 2011 12:26

I've never seen the Stones live, not @#$%& once, and would very much like to see them.

........ Hey Proudmary that ain't fair .... Let's hope ya get ta see 'em ...I'm prayin' for ya ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 17, 2011 12:49

Doxa
There is still a road from the picture to the recorded music...

- Doxa

Hehe. Keith's cushions are far more expensive though; the carpet, the guitar collection nicely dusted and posted against the wall for the shoot giving it a feel of historical achievements. The jugs and the piedestal. The assistants behind the camera. The glasses and maybe a painkiller or two. Keith, now old enough to be Brians elderly father.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 17, 2011 12:52

TeddyB1018
I'm not blaming Mick for anything. I just said what everyone knows: that the rest of the band is waiting on him. No judgement.

...and so Keef is waiting for him too. But it's unclear if sessions with Steve Jordan, Bernard Fowler and now with Darryl Jones are Stones or Winos-related.

Date: August 17, 2011 14:03

Rockman
I've never seen the Stones live, not @#$%& once, and would very much like to see them.

........ Hey Proudmary that ain't fair .... Let's hope ya get ta see 'em ...I'm prayin' for ya ...

Thanks,Rockman. You know, hope dies last

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 17, 2011 17:06

proudmary
In addition, Mick does not do anything solo - in contrast to KR.
"Jagger is not all about the money, but also the acclaim and success".
And Richards isn't like this? He stars in the Disney movie for the love of cinema art and writes tabloid book for the love of literature.

Funny PD
Not sure I know the Times interview you're referring to, and I don't think I want to!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 17, 2011 17:14

TeddyB1018

The Teddy has spoken. Thank you. We hang on your every word.

grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 20:51

I think Keith looks wonderful with the glasses and white hair.

If he went up onstage like that, and just PLAYED his damned guitar, I'd be thrilled.

No need to kick his legs and flail his arms...let Jagger be the showman.

Just lay down a tight, relentless rhythm. Less leads, more riffing. He can walk around the stage and smile at the crowd, but other than that, just PLAY.

That's the badass Keith I want back.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 17, 2011 21:06

keefriff99
I think Keith looks wonderful with the glasses and white hair.

If he went up onstage like that, and just PLAYED his damned guitar, I'd be thrilled.

No need to kick his legs and flail his arms...let Jagger be the showman.

Just lay down a tight, relentless rhythm. Less leads, more riffing. He can walk around the stage and smile at the crowd, but other than that, just PLAY.

That's the badass Keith I want back.

thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home