Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Stone Temple Pilots
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: August 11, 2011 23:31

Never was a big fan, and don't really care for their biggest hit (Plush), but I saw them for the first time last Saturday in Atlantic City - and they were in top form, Weiland especially...and now I can't stop listening to them - new and old stuff. I think Weiland, despite all his well-publicized bumps in the road, is the most versatile singer in rock n' roll and I look forward to reading his bio and seeing them again in Newark Sept. 10.

Re: OT: Stone Temple Pilots
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 11, 2011 23:39

This one rocks:

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 11, 2011 23:59

Revolution.. by Stone Temple Pilots at the 2001 John Lennon tribute Come Together they were excellent i've been a fan of them since then ..I like Scotts style he's one cool dude smoking smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 12, 2011 00:32

Brilliant, Saw them 2 weeks ago in NYC

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:31

Ive never seen STP, but I saw Velvet Revolver live 4-5 times while they existed, and I thought whats-his-name was a pretty good singer 2-3 of those times..... but sometimes he talks waaaaaaaayy too much... it was like..... STFU and sing already.

Date: August 12, 2011 02:31

i like STP a lot.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 12, 2011 04:23

I like them.

Once, we ( my wife & I, Stones with Prince Rupert Loewenstein and Stone Temples) were at the same floor of the hotel in Toronto.
I sometimes met Weiland at cafeteria.
He was short, skinny and very quiet guy. He liked a cup of tea to go before the show.

Their performance was great.
I believe Stone Temple Pilots is one of the best opening acts for Stones.
I guess Weiland himself loves Bowie than Stones, though.
I bought their all CDs after I saw them. I even got a bootleg video of that show.

I can still remember many boys and girls were wearing Purple t-shirt in Toronto at that time.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 12, 2011 04:46

Boys make some noise...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 12, 2011 04:55

Saw em in Baltimore on the water. Pier Six Pavilion. 5,000 strong. They rocked circles around that place. FYI - that gig was late April, and Pier Six didn't have an event for almost another month. That's cause they wore the place OUT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-12 05:06 by Brue.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 12, 2011 05:24

Saw them open for the Stones in Toronto at the CNE in 1989. I think they did a acoustic set.

Date: August 12, 2011 05:29

The Sicilian
Saw them open for the Stones in Toronto at the CNE in 1989. I think they did a acoustic set.

i doubt you saw STP open for the stones in 1989 since they weren't even called STP until the early 90's

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:09

I've seen this a couple of places on the web...

The Stone Temple Pilots have fired singer Scott Weiland.

In a one-sentence news release Wednesday, publicist Kymm Britton said: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland." No other information was provided.

In a statement sent to FOX 411, Weiland said he heard about the firing from news reports.

"Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out," he said. "In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."

The band's 1992 debut, "Core," has sold more than 8 million units in the United States. Their hits include "Vasoline," ''Interstate Love Song" and "Plush," which won a Grammy in 1993 for best hard rock performance with vocal.

Weiland was also in the supergroup Velvet Revolver with Slash and other musicians. The 45-year-old has dealt with drug addiction, run-ins with the law and two failed marriages. He released his memoir, "Not Dead & Not for Sale," in 2011.

The Stone Temple Pilots' latest album is their self-titled 2010 release.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:15

I saw them about 10 years ago or so. Scott Weiland was a disaster, the rest band was okay. I remember, they had a very good support act "Boy Hits Car". Scott was for me also a reason for not seeing Velvet Revolver as they were in my area.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:21

Bubblegrunge phonies.

In 1993 just as they were blowing up I saw them on a bill with White Zombie, Bad Religion, King Missile, Bikini Kill and Free Kitten. They were the worst band of the lot. They were also a complete major label contrivance to cash in on the alternative craze sweeping the country in the early 1990's pretending to be a grass roots underground band.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:47

LOVED THESE GUYS,THEY JUST CAN'T KEEP IT TOGETHER.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:51

Hopefully Weiland isn't back on the junk. He's a great front man/singer.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 00:02

just been confirmed that the stone temple pilots have banished weiland from the group. saw them live many years ago in torontoi and it was an awesome show. really enjoy their music, but old scotty boy has many demons and by the look of it one too many.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 01:48

Saw them open for the Stones in 1994 in Toronto. I only caught the last part of their set, but they were very good.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 02:18

In high school they were one of my favorite bands. I was never that crazy about their first album, it wasn't really their own sound, and was kind of a generic grunge album, but has a couple good songs on it. But I LOVED their next two, still do, they never leave my iPod. I was lucky enough to see them on the Tiny Music tour before Scott's drug problem, band friction, and whatever else caused them to cancel the remainder of it.

After that it looked like STP were over, and I kind of wish it had been. The band got a new singer, renamed themselves Talk Show and released a pretty decent album, and Scott put out a solo album I enjoyed. But these things were not commercially successful, so they got back together and haven't been worth a shit since. I was so pumped up for "No. 4", I went out and bought it the day it came out, and was so disappointed. To this day I consider it their worst album. That, and all the stupid drama that followed, sort of took the wind out of my STP sails. I'd still listen to the first 3 albums, and when a new one came out I'd buy it, but often not get around to listening to it for months (I bought that "Alive In The Windy City" DVD like 9 months ago and it's still in the wrapper), and usually think the new albums weren't bad, but not really like it either. I basically stopped caring about what they did after 1996. Seems like they've been more into drama since then than actually creating music.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 28, 2013 02:43

THEIR LAST RECORD WAS THEIR BEST IMHO,JUST HAD NO RADIO HITS.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 02:49

BILLPERKS
THEIR LAST RECORD WAS THEIR BEST IMHO,JUST HAD NO RADIO HITS.

I didn't think it was that great, but not bad, and it had nothing to do with whether or not it had radio hits. I like plenty of STP songs that have never, and would never, play on the radio. And hate a few that always get played on the radio. It especially didn't live up to the "They sound like The Beatles" hype, which coincidentally surrounded "Shangri-La Dee Da" as well. It was OK, but I thought it was kind of bland, and musically uninteresting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home