Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Any rumors of what's next for 2016?
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:38

Now that the Ole tour comes to a close later this week - and there probably is already a thread on this somewhere - but is there any idea of what might be next? Any more news on a new CD? Any rumors of any merit for a return to the US, or Europe over the Summer/Fall?
BV - I'm sure you get asked this all the time...but I'm sure we'd all love to know if there's anything even being talked about at this stage, that you can share. Thanks!

Re: Any rumors of what's next for 2016?
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:41

It would be a bitter pill to swallow if the next shows aren't in the UK

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:44

Going by the past 2 mini tours the next one will possibly be next year hopefully a Europe tour so I can finally see them live

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:44

The events organiser at Knebworth last year said she hoped to get the Stones on the 40th anniversary................She said "we'll see...........

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 22, 2016 20:18

That would be nice wouldn't it.
It's easy to see how it might appeal to them...but the practicalities might be another thing altogther.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 22, 2016 20:52

Spud
That would be nice wouldn't it.
It's easy to see how it might appeal to them...but the practicalities might be another thing altogether.

thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:13

Wembley Stadium for a few dates and a club show at Royal Albert Hall, sometime this Summer.
Big bucks for RAH I'm sure, or something like Led Zep did and good luck will get you a couple of tickets.
Will be a nice thing to happen when Exhibitionism is on in London, and I also reckon that will be extended after September 4th, unless they have commitments to take that on Tour around the world.

Only my predictions.........and hopes...............but it's possible. thumbs up

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:15

They are going back in to the studio to finish the album for a September 2016 release and then a fall/winter U.S. arena tour. That is rumor I like best, so I am sticking with it grinning smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:26

maybe they will come to scotland again. long time since they have been here.

would love to see them at hampden or murrayfield again, or maybe an indoor gig at a smaller venue.

scotland is an insignificent crappy wee cold country, just south of the artic circle for those that are interested.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:27

A documentary about the Latin America tour is confirmed by mexican newspapers.

I think they will release the documentary in summer and then finish recording the new album. After that, a mini tour I guess.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:37

Banking on a uk _European tour this year.

Date: March 22, 2016 21:56

buttons67
maybe they will come to Scotland again. long time since they have been here.

would love to see them at hampden or murrayfield again, or maybe an indoor gig at a smaller venue.

Scotland is an insignificant crappy wee cold country, just south of the arctic circle for those that are interested.

You could be on to something there. Lately it seems they are wanting play in all the places they have not... in other words, they are making the rounds. If I was you I would make a lot of noise about about how long it has been for Scotland and you might just get to sleep in your own bed after a Stones show, a rare treat for me over the years.

Here is to hoping for a show or 2 in Scotlandsmileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 22, 2016 22:00

jambay
buttons67

Scotland is an insignificant crappy wee cold country, just south of the arctic circle for those that are interested.

You could be on to something there. Lately it seems they are wanting play in all the places they have not... in other words, they are making the rounds. If I was you I would make a lot of noise about about how long it has been for Scotland and you might just get to sleep in your own bed after a Stones show, a rare treat for me over the years.

Hey, I saw AC/DC in Glasgow last year, great crowd, great show and good weather smiling smiley

Date: March 22, 2016 22:50

BluzDude
jambay
buttons67

Hey, I saw AC/DC in Glasgow last year, great crowd, great show and good weather smiling smiley

Cool, I bet that show rocked!
BluzDude from what I read you are one of the best rockers here man, from LA to Scotland and beyond!
Cheers to rock and roll!drinking smiley

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 22, 2016 23:23

Studio work, we hope, right?!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 22, 2016 23:25

i would think they'll finish the record and then hit the road again.with the stones it isn't "what would be a great place to play" its what promoter has the best deal.

it's pretty much 1.get a large amount of cash together2.double it.3.call mick

if the money is right they play,if not-no stones for you.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2016 23:31

crawdaddy
Wembley Stadium for a few dates and a club show at Royal Albert Hall, sometime this Summer.
Big bucks for RAH I'm sure, or something like Led Zep did and good luck will get you a couple of tickets.
Will be a nice thing to happen when Exhibitionism is on in London, and I also reckon that will be extended after September 4th, unless they have commitments to take that on Tour around the world.

Only my predictions.........and hopes...............but it's possible. thumbs up
Yeah, they will close the PROMS for 2016.

Date: March 22, 2016 23:40

lem motlow
i would think they'll finish the record and then hit the road again.with the stones it isn't "what would be a great place to play" its what promoter has the best deal.

it's pretty much 1.get a large amount of cash together2.double it.3.call mick

if the money is right they play,if not-no stones for you.

Place your 5 Million Dollars on the counter and step to the left... or... no stones for you!
grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2016 00:19

They have to finish the album...then they can restart a cycle of lucrative touring with hopefully more than 18 songs in the setlist!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 00:33

buttons67
maybe they will come to scotland again. long time since they have been here.

scotland is an insignificent crappy wee cold country, just south of the artic circle for those that are interested.

We can but hope... It would be a good excuse for me to head up the road to my native land to see them smiling smiley. I was at Murrayfield in 1999 and the 1st of the 2 SECC gigs in 2003. Music audiences are definitely a bit wilder up there than elsewhere on this island winking smiley. They played my native Hamilton in 1964 and it was a rough old gig, with crowd trouble etc. Bill remembers it!

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 00:35

new tour 2017..17 song set list!

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: March 23, 2016 00:44

Hope we get some other vault releases and a new album with tour.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:00

Well, i guess they will show up for the Exhibitionism Opening on April 4 or 5, and maybe hopefully they will say something about a new Leg. Hopefully it will be the UK/Europe this year. then they will record later in spring. so, yeah..
Otherwise an UK/European Tour in 2017. Rather this summer/fall. Cant wait.
Jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:03

No more shows this year, new album in October/November, European Tour summer 2017.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:08

Given the last show is in March 25, I suspect the rumors of a fall/Winter US tour are reasonable. It gives them a six month break,it's consistent with the past (amny Fall US tours, it's after Exhibitionism winds up in London and allows time to finish and release new recordings. The US remains their most lucrative market....Zip Code bypassed the major markets making a three plus year gap since playing the major US cities....making it easy money.....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:13

Woz
Given the last show is in March 25, I suspect the rumors of a fall/Winter US tour are reasonable. It gives them a six month break,it's consistent with the past (amny Fall US tours, it's after Exhibitionism winds up in London and allows time to finish and release new recordings. The US remains their most lucrative market....Zip Code bypassed the major markets making a three plus year gap since playing the major US cities....making it easy money.....

Fans in the USA have had enough Stones gigs the past years. Europe is next.
Jeroen

Date: March 23, 2016 01:21

Just to be boring and superficial...
I will say I am delighted that there are so many possibilities for our band.
It is thrilling and above and beyond anything I ever could have hoped for.
As so many other bands have fallen by the wayside The Stones Roll on.

As I happily await the new Stones song coming out, I hope it is a rocker.

STONES!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:29

Woz

They've not played their home country in nearly 3 years so surely we're first in line ? Knebworth sounds like a good bet.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:34

I wouldn't rule out Wembley dates or something but I still think he next tour rolls through the US.

That said, I'd happily visit my IORR compadres in Europe to see the boys!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 23, 2016 02:14

In 2017 will be the 55th Anniversary Tour and a new album will also come out!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home